another new tweeter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

another new tweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I saw it in the original post and knew why this was 3 pages.

Maybe I'm just old, but i'm surprised everyone doesn't remember the David Howard thing - but I guess it was 12 years ago.

Reaction Score
A terribly amusing series of posts. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Reaction Score
Other than the NN Big East and the ACC, I guess UConn can Holy Cross the program. That of course is unrealistic.

Assuming that Wilner is correct and the ACC is going to 16, what other choices exist? If the ACC goes to 16 and doesn't invite UConn, Rutgers will be invited. UConn will be on avery lonelu northeast island. Excluding Navy the average conference foe will be over 1200 miles. That's not a conference, it's an arranged marriage.

Also, it's difficult to forget that louisville will be in the Big 12. Then what does UConn have?

i guess my questions really boil down to this - are you sure that the b1g is not at least a possibility?

Reaction Score
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Alas, "David Howard got fired because some people in public employ were morons who

a) didn't know the meaning of the word 'niggardly'
b) didn't know how to use a dictionary to discover the word's meaning and
c) actually demanded that he apologize for their ignorance."

In reporting that the ACC plans to extend UConn a pass out of the NN BE desert, may Wilner be generously accurate. That will more than make up for tonight's overly dry turkey.

And with that, another non-niggardly holiday greeting. May your turkey not be dry, family spats be avoided, holiday gridiron games be injury free, the post-dinner siesta be uninterrupted, and Rutgers go down harder than a beheaded tom and stay down for the loss.

Reaction Score
seriously what? He used a word in the English language? Well, given that everyone on the board speaks this language, yeah, seems appropriate.

Yes, the word niggardly is used quite often in today's society and it would be nearly impossible to get it confused with . Especially since there are never any typos on this board. And since isn't in the english language, I don't know how anyone could be confused.

mushroom cap.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes, the word niggardly is used quite often in today's society and it would be nearly impossible to get it confused with ******. Especially since there are never any typos on this board.

mushroom cap.

Easy big fella!

Reaction Score
What's the problem?

In case you are wondering, the word in question has absolutely nothing to do with what you think it does, but go ahead and call another poster out.

You should try using "the google".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_"niggardly"

I asked him a question. I didn't go on a rant and call him names. I didn't respond with hatred or anger. I asked him a question. Usually when someone asks a question, it is a clear signal that they are confused about something.

I wasn't the only one who was taken aback by a word that is used about as often as floccinaucinihilipilification. Which coincidentally describes how many times you've been laid. How else could you have gotten the way you are.

Not sure what floccinaucinihilipilification means?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=floccinaucinihilipilification

Reaction Score
Nothing needs to be said by me that already hasn't been written by others re my post.

The biggest controversy in this thread should have been the original poster's misleadiing title. Wilner isn't a new tweeter, but kudos to him for bringing attention to his tweets.

This morning, desmond conner tweeted that he is aware of a 16 team model that the ACC has drawn up. Makes me wonder if that is something that Wilner was told. Wilner didn'T give a time frame, either because he doesn't know of one, was told of one but was asked to not reveal it, or knows of it but refuses to share the information(or doesn't think its important enough to share).

"The ACC will go to 16" is pretty darn unequivocal though.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I got a "D" on my first thesis paper as a freshman at UConn because my argument was that "if something isn't meant to be offensive, then it isn't offensive." That idea completely disregards the possibility that other people still may actually be offended, rightfully or wrongfully...

That being said, it doesn't take more than 15 seconds to open dictionary.com and search the word.

Reaction Score
Yes, the word niggardly is used quite often in today's society and it would be nearly impossible to get it confused with . Especially since there are never any typos on this board. And since isn't in the english language, I don't know how anyone could be confused.

mushroom cap.

You are an ass.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reaction Score

mushroom cap.

I'm an educated fairly well read individual and I've never heard or read that.

To say it's a common word is just foolish.

Before you call someone a mushroom cap you need to look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:

mushroom cap.
I'm an educated fairly well read individual and I've never heard or read that.

To say it's a common word is just foolish.

Before you call someone a mushroom cap you need to look in the mirror.

Sarcasm Detector.jpg

Reaction Score
Serious Notes:

1. How the hell does the n-word and mushroom cap get through the filter, but almost nothing else?
  2. Niggardly is obviously not a common word at this point, but still, I wish people would look it up before they start assuming the worst of other people. But, that being said, below is an ngram of the use of "niggardly" over time, charted against "stingy" and "miserly", and it's no surprise why the chart looks the way it does:
Ngram.png

Reaction Score
That's really useful.
I'm not really sure why it's not showing on your screen, because it is on mine. Given what the picture is, the post makes your comment even more germane.* Despite the fact that it didn't appear, for some reason, in your screen, even in your quote you can click on the link to see the picture I intended.

*Note to the board, I'm not calling his comment a German. :)

Reaction Score
Touche on the sarcasm. These threads get so out of wack I have to go back and read each comment to understand what is being said.

Obviously I didn't go back far enough.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm not really sure why it's not showing on your screen, because it is on mine. Given what the picture is, the post makes your comment even more germane.* Despite the fact that it didn't appear, for some reason, in your screen, even in your quote you can click on the link to see the picture I intended.

*Note to the board, I'm not calling his comment a German. :)

Yeah that's the joke from the episode. A sarcasm detector... that's really useful.

P.S. Go Back to Germania.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's the joke from the episode. A sarcasm detector... that's really useful.

P.S. Go Back to Germania.
Now we've gotten so deep into the sarcasm, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :)

The episode uses it as a useless comedy point, but our board, and me right now, seem to need one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now we've gotten so deep into the sarcasm, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :)

The episode uses it as a useless comedy point, but our board, and me right now, seem to need one.

I am thinking about shorting miserly. That looks like a bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom