another new tweeter | The Boneyard

another new tweeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@wilnerhotline San Francisco Bay Area, USA

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/

basically saying word on the street is that RU and UConn "could be" headed to the ACC (oddly, no mention of ND in his tweets). Said BYU to BE not totally dead as they know cannot schedule as Indy. Everyone waiting to see if BE is viable becasue if RU and Uconn leave its dead as a football conference.

who knows...this is a guy who is on the left coast and presumably has west coast ties

Reaction Score
Wilner does his homwework, that is, he just doesn't speculate on what he reads on the internet like a $2 blogger. He makes phone calls. I know Nelson isn't a huge fan of his. But I rank him up there with Thamel/McMurphy for his digging skills.

That said, the thinking that RU and UConn are "teams in waiting" is consistent with President Herbst's design. Rightly or wrongly. Beg harder or not. Frankly, there is no other option for UConn.

You left out his other tweet:

"Source: The ACC will go to 16"

Not a lot of equivocation there.

Reaction Score
I like this tweet more than Seth Davis', therefore it is true.

ACC doesnt take both RU and Uconn unless ND is off the table. If true, ND is about to join the B10.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Wilner does his homwework, that is, he just doesn't speculate on what he reads on the internet like a $2 blogger. He makes phone calls. I know Nelson isn't a huge fan of his. But I rank him up there with Thamel/McMurphy for his digging skills.

That said, the thinking that RU and UConn are "teams in waiting" is consistent with President Herbst's design. Rightly or wrongly. Beg harder or not. Frankly, there is no other option for UConn.

In The Runs Runner we trust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score

In The Runs Runner we trust!

Reaction Score
Or they just remain Independent, no?

ND won't remain indy if they want to join the ACC and the ACC is about to be full. They will join. That said, the ACC won't go to 16 without ND unless they know ND is never happening.

Reaction Score
Seth Davis is at the Battle4 Atlantis. Will the UConn horde press him on this? Hopefully he won't continue to be so niggardly in how/where the informatiom came fom that formed his tweet. Is it a hunch based on reading the tea leaves? Did he talk to a particular source (eg Notre Dame was at the tourney in KC with him)?

One of the reasons I find Wilner authoratative on realignment is that he clearly distinguishes rumor v. fact, or often he'll say it's a blend of both.

In his latest tweets, he states as fact that a source told him that the ACC is going to 16. UConn and Rutgers are teams that other FBS AD's have told him are ACC bound. That's about as most transparency as we could expect. Kudos to him.

Reaction Score

is that to say that the only possible option for uconn is the acc? is this inside information or speculation?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I don't think teams talking means all that much.

It's like sales calls. It's corporate due diligence.

BYU got to look at the Big East Contract and likely learned something and found a few clauses they like for their own contract. They got transparency and did some contract shopping.

If you've been there you know why that process has value in itself. Sometimes it's nothing more than the color of M&Ms in the rider. Other times something more substantial pops out.

The Rolling Stones learned how to write "360" management contracts after Allen Klein raped them and showed them how to do it. Of course it helps to have a product to sell.

It's all due diligence.

Reaction Score
Other than the NN Big East and the ACC, I guess UConn can Holy Cross the program. That of course is unrealistic.

Assuming that Wilner is correct and the ACC is going to 16, what other choices exist? If the ACC goes to 16 and doesn't invite UConn, Rutgers will be invited. UConn will be on avery lonelu northeast island. Excluding Navy the average conference foe will be over 1200 miles. That's not a conference, it's an arranged marriage.

Also, it's difficult to forget that louisville will be in the Big 12. Then what does UConn have?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
ACC doesnt take both RU and Uconn unless ND is off the table. If true, ND is about to join the B10.
Or, someone like FSU is going to the SEC, so the ACC needs UConn, RU and ND to go to 16. That would give the ACC a strong Northeast/NYC presence.

Reaction Score
What's the problem?

In case you are wondering, the word in question has absolutely nothing to do with what you think it does, but go ahead and call another poster out.

You should try using "the google".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_"niggardly"

Love it. Reminds me of the battle btw Keith Olberman and Bill Simmons when Simmons called Olberman "pious". Olberman responds "I don't think that means what you think it means"

Reaction Score
I'll admit when i saw the word, I went straight to Merriam Webster. The word means stingy.

Reaction Score
ND won't remain indy if they want to join the ACC and the ACC is about to be full. They will join. That said, the ACC won't go to 16 without ND unless they know ND is never happening.

That's why if I were the ACC I would add UConn now. It would put the screws on Notre Dame. If they opt against joining, they can simply add RU.

If ND and RU jet to the B1G then I would see if I could steal WVU from the Big 12. As WVU have no scuples they might just bite seeing that all their hated rivals (Pitt, MD, VT, UVA) are in the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'll admit when i saw the word, I went straight to Merriam Webster. The word means stingy.

I knew it had no relation, but I didn't realize what the actual etymology is. Norse, possibly derived from the word "pinch".

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The point is, stingy would have been easier on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro