Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar.... | The Boneyard

Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you imagine Geno and CD with 4 years with a 6'9" player?..........Can she play and can she run.............Was she a soccer player?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Aiyeotan, who plays for the powerhouse Philadelphia Belles AAU program, visited Kentucky over the weekend and Santarelli said UConn, Notre Dame, Penn State and USC are among the major programs taking a look at Aiyeotan.

Santarelli said Aiyeotan runs the floor well, catches the ball well, has an outstanding drop step and has a tremendous upside.

Both her high school and AAU coaches said Aiyeotan, who has only been playing organized basketball for a couple of years, has made tremendous strides over the last several months

Nice article by Fuller, and nice video. She dunks as easily as Griner. Gotta love a kid with a ton of raw athleticism who seems to be absorbing basketball like a sponge, and has big time upside. UCONN, PSU, ND and USC are all big time programs. I bet interest in her skyrockets in the coming months...

It's rare that the staff goes after a kid who is that big. Their interest in Mulkey seems tangential at best, and the last kid they got who was really tall was Kara Wolters. She worked out pretty well IIRC... ;)

Reaction Score
Could you imagine landing this young lady and that Mulkey young lady from Texas. Dual 6'9" players???? That would be impressive.

Reaction Score
In another word, "yes." :) :) :rolleyes: (Those are some tall people!):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So I wonder how long she has been in this country. She saw Matthew Mitchell's Bruno Mars impersonation at Kentucky's Midnight Madness last weekend, but could she relate?

Reaction Score
Her body proportions resemble a big Tina Charles. The advantage to Geno & staff of a player lacking in experience is no bad habits to break. And, she's currently getting good experience speaking Philly!

Reaction Score
Found this pic of her on line...
thm_tUHB0D8w0F.jpg

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is interesting to see her body type - so many outliers in terms of height (men and women) end up with very slight frames and often look quite frail especially at young ages. She does appear to have a more solid foundation and more developed musculature.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Icebear said:
She isn't even trying hard when dunking.

That did look fairly nonchalant, didn't it....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That did look fairly nonchalant, didn't it....

Cue all the posters who say they don't want her dunking at UCONN. Or that Geno doesn't want it. Or whatever.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
So I wonder how long she has been in this country. She saw Matthew Mitchell's Bruno Mars impersonation at Kentucky's Midnight Madness last weekend, but could she relate?
That is one opposing coach that I cannot stand; he is such a big whiner and keeps Brylcream in business.

Reaction Score
Cue all the posters who say they don't want her dunking at UCONN. Or that Geno doesn't want it. Or whatever.
Those posters would presumably be fans of other schools? Or do "true" basketball fans only appreciate athleticism when it's not combined with height?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Those posters would presumably be fans of other schools? Or do "true" basketball fans only appreciate athleticism when it's not combined with height?

Nah, just over the years when another school who has a player who can dunk (Parker/Griner), you'll hear, "Geno wouldn't let her do that." Or that the girls game shouldn't have dunking. Or something along those lines. Fuddy duddies.

I want that Nigerian girl to come here and dunk all over the place.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

What a great prospect. If she decides to attend UCONN, Tony may have to resurrect his 195 - 0 prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom