Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Another 6'9" on the recruiting radar....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I need some help on this one. I read in our local (Illinois) press that McCoy wants to announce her school choice in her senior year. If she holds to that, would UConn likely have a scholarship left for her by then? And if UC gets a post other than McCoy to verbal first, is McCoy then automatically off Geno's radar? I am a few miles from McCoy's school, but much, much farther from understanding the recruiting dynamics for the 2016 class.

Reaction Score
Excellent point! Nigeria has an enormous English-speaking population.

WONK: True enough. In fact, I think English might be the official language of the country. I was just trying to convey to this possible recruit that we go the extra mile at UCONN.

Reaction Score
I need some help on this one. I read in our local (Illinois) press that McCoy wants to announce her school choice in her senior year. If she holds to that, would UConn likely have a scholarship left for her by then? And if UC gets a post other than McCoy to verbal first, is McCoy then automatically off Geno's radar? I am a few miles from McCoy's school, but much, much farther from understanding the recruiting dynamics for the 2016 class.
UConn has always had fewer than the maximum 15 scholarships taken. So by the time McCoy commits to UConn (potentially) there will be at least one more scholarship available.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
WONK: True enough. In fact, I think English might be the official language of the country. I was just trying to convey to this possible recruit that we go the extra mile at UCONN.
Even if it is in the wrong direction! :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A big Tina Charles lol, not that's saying something.

Agreed. There's dunking in practice and game dunking. She looks like dunking could be and effective part of her game. Can you imagine a UConn guard throw an ally-oop to her in a game?

Yes, Dangerfield and Nurse.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Our tallest player thus far has been Kara Wolters...correct? Maybe 6'7" or 6'8"?
My guess is she lacked the [potential] athleticism of Felicia but she had soft hands...great post moves...and developed
into a first team AA. I believe Kara still teaches post moves to locals in her garage? Hmm....get Felicia up here on a visit and do some one-on-one.

It is still bizarre that Kara's Dad's alma mater....Boston College...did not seriously recruit the local gal. I remember seeing a picture of Kara as a junior in high school...by the start of her frosh year in Storrs, she had lost a lot of weight and was an immediate presence down low with her fellow twin tower Lobo.

Reaction Score
I want this girl not only for our continue of dominance but because Geno and staff can really put her on the map. Make her and her game special not to mentioned she lives in Geno state Pa. She will get notice right away if she plays or doesn't play right away. She will be the biggest name up to date coming from Nigiera. Once she visit and see the campus facilities and banners will automatically put a spark in her eye she can be a star and be part of greatness. I think if we offer her she's coming. Plus we can hook her up with Amida Brimah lol

HGN

Reaction Score
Do you think Cox could pretty much slide into Stewie's just-vacated slot in 2016 w/o a huge falloff?
Wonkster....yes I do.:) I know there's only one Stewie , but Cox could could fill in nicely.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I am being told Felicia does not have UConn on her final list of 5. I was not told who is on her final list of 5. UConn came in late in the recruiting process. Perhaps her list of final 5 was made before I don't know but as of now UConn is not on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom