Annual Big10 Choke Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Annual Big10 Choke Thread

Reaction Score
I mean, sure, you created a mojo nightmare by dredging up the same terrible mojo we got burned by last year.

And you predicted a league that had no 1-2 seeds and a whole bunch of 7 and under would get few teams to the S16. And that did happen. But both the mathematical odds itself would suggest they'd only 3-4 teams max. I mean, this is a slight underperformance, but not surprising.

Which, of course, comes to the last part. It's literally a meme to trash talk the B10. it's the most popular thing to say. It's almost like predicting the Durant-Curry Warriors to make the Finals. Congrats on being right, I guess. I'd have been more impressed if you said something no one else was saying, like the SEC somehow being even worse (with three teams people legit considered title contenders all losing before the weekend was over) or the ACC over-performing.

But if you want to spike the football by destroying the mojo and getting something right that many suggested and was statistically likely, go for it.
Oh be quiet and say sorry you corn muffin. I’m not reading that essay.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Confused how teams that were underdogs losing makes them overrated? The only B1G team that lost yesterday as a favorite was Wisconsin.

Is the Big East overrated because we lost to NMSU, Creighton lost to Kansas and Seton Hall lost by 30 to TCU?

The SEC is by FAR the biggest flop of the tournament so far. Lost 5 games to double digit seeds and only 1 S16 team.

Reaction Score
Confused how teams that were underdogs losing makes them overrated? The only B1G team that lost yesterday as a favorite was Wisconsin.

Is the Big East overrated because we lost to NMSU, Creighton lost to Kansas and Seton Hall lost by 30 to TCU?

The SEC is by FAR the biggest flop of the tournament so far. Lost 5 games to double digit seeds and only 1 S16 team.
Ummm Illinois champ losing to Houston I guess you forgot? This wasn't the best Houston team of all their sweet 16 teams either with 2 starters down and almost no impressive wins.

Reaction Score
I don’t care if it’s true or not. This thread was never meant to be a rational well thought out serious thread lol. I hate the B10 and their “better than” way of being. So I crap on them every chance possible. Nothing to see here

Reaction Score
Houston was still favored in the game, because the computers know that Houston is really good.
Favorite but a lower seed none the less and I think it is more indicative how bad people felt about Illinois the Big 10 champs after their first game showing than Houston being better team. Illinois was a weak number 4 seed and champs of the Big 10.

Drew

Reaction Score
Ummm Illinois champ losing to Houston I guess you forgot? This wasn't the best Houston team of all their sweet 16 teams either with 2 starters down and almost no impressive wins.
Houston was a 4.5 point favorite yesterday

Drew

Reaction Score
Favorite but a lower seed none the less and I think it is more indicative how bad people felt about Illinois the Big 10 champs after their first game showing than Houston being better team. Illinois was a weak number 4 seed and champs of the Big 10.
Michigan as an 11 was a 3 point favorite over Colorado State as a 6. Providence- the Big East champ- was a 2 point favorite over the vaunted Jackrabbits of South Dakota State

There’s a lot of good basketball teams. A lot of them also happen to reside in the Big Ten. It’s okay for people to admit that

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Houston was still favored in the game, because the computers know that Houston is really good.
yeah, apologies to @Matt1010 (and kenpom I guess) . He was all over this. I was extremely suspect of them with the injuries and resume, but no doubt now that they are a very good team and would’ve been a brutal second round matchup should things have gone that way.

Reaction Score
yeah, apologies to @Matt1010 (and kenpom I guess) . He was all over this. I was extremely suspect of them with the injuries and resume, but no doubt now that they are a very good team and would’ve been a brutal second round matchup should things have gone that way.
Well, for every Houston that was perhaps underseeded, and people can point to their KenPom, there's a Providence who is alive and kicking in spite of KenPom.

It's a good metric, but there's always a human element.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Well, for every Houston that was perhaps underseeded, and people can point to their KenPom, there's a Providence who is alive and kicking in spite of KenPom.

It's a good metric, but there's always a human element.
Yeah, although, as much as kudos are in order for Providence regardless of what happens next, they haven’t had a performance close to what Houston has shown in their tournament games. I’m not sure they’ve really proven the computer metrics wrong at this point.

Reaction Score
Yeah, although, as much as kudos are in order for Providence regardless of what happens next, they haven’t had a performance close to what Houston has shown in their tournament games. I’m not sure they’ve really proven the computer metrics wrong at this point.
They started the tournament as KenPom 47 and are in the S16. Hate em all you want, they deserve props.

Reaction Score
This whole thread is difficult coming from a 2 straight 1st round losing program who's league opponents were also pummeled minus 3.

Nova owns us, Creighton owns us and so does PC for that matter. We are Rutgers and Iowa.

I hate the B1G as much as anyone but it's so hard to put down any program, team or conference because of who our program is for now. Let's just get back to where we expect to be soon, this sucks watching the Madness without little involvement other than squares in a pool at a bar.

Reaction Score
They definitely deserve props. You survive and advance. My point was I’m not sure beating South Dakota St and Richmond is proof that 47 was an unfair ranking for them.
Agreed, PC has had by far the easiest road of the remaining 16 teams (SD St and Richmond are both in the 80s on Kenpom). Great season for them so far, but this Kansas game will be the real indicator of if they are a legit national contender.

Reaction Score
Agreed, PC has had by far the easiest road of the remaining 16 teams (SD St and Richmond are both in the 80s on Kenpom). Great season for them so far, but this Kansas game will be the real indicator of if they are a legit national contender.

Let’s be honest Selfs a cheater I would like nothing more than the Friars to play their best game of the year. Hope Cooley continues his nice run!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t care if it’s true or not. This thread was never meant to be a rational well thought out serious thread lol. I hate the B10 and their “better than” way of being. So I crap on them every chance possible. Nothing to see here
This post, and your overall posting profile, could give a person whiplash if they took you seriously.
At least you think it's funny.

Reaction Score
Illinois was losing for 79.5 min of basketball lol

Reaction Score
Top ranked B1G team in KenPom was 13, so none in the top 8 makes sense.

Rutgers shouldn't have been included in general, though.

Reaction Score
The “best conference” not having a team in the elite 8 is either a choke OR they’re overrated. They haven’t won a championship in how long. Choke Job

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom