Annual Big10 Choke Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Annual Big10 Choke Thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When your opponent averages 32.6% (Allen is only 32.7$) and manage to go 64.7% against you... you pretty much have to do everything right in response. And we didn't.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
When your opponent averages 32.6% (Allen is only 32.7$) and manage to go 64.7% against you... you pretty much have to do everything right in response. And we didn't.
Because we have Sanogo and they didn’t ;-)

Reaction Score
Don’t forget his pc overrated lucky year long theme
Just lay it on me August. Though I wasn’t calling them lucky. Just overrated. But I guess we were even more so than them in the end.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget his pc overrated lucky year long theme
Which team is in the second round? UConn or PC? I forget?

NMSU is butt and they beat us. SDSU is actually good but PC beat them. We need to shut up and win before we start talking trash.

We were splashing our faces with champagne and saying "We're here" when we came in third and lost in the semis. It's embarassing.

Reaction Score
Just lay it on me August. Though I wasn’t calling them lucky. Just overrated. But I guess we were even more so than them in the end.
Meh. Ish happens in one game. We were clearly better than them, but they executed better and made the shots. Tip your cap. It happens sometimes. UConn lost to San Diego in a 4-13 one year...didn't make them overrated. They went to the Final Four the next year. This was a Top 20 team with a very good defense but a poor offense, and nothing about what happened today changed that. Just a terrible first half and some late lapses.

Disappointing end to a good season. Things are still pointing up despite the board's meltdown and this (genuine) embarassment.

Reaction Score
Duke, Mich State and Illinois might as well have hand-picked their matchups for today. Incredibly favorable for them. Looks like 3 wins there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Duke, Mich State and Illinois might as well have hand-picked their matchups for today. Incredibly favorable for them. Looks like 3 wins there.
Loyola-OSU playing as futile offense as has been seen in the Tourney since the 2011 NC. 23-18 OSU at halftime. However, glad Sanogo never had to face Liddell. Dude playing some serious D in this one.

Reaction Score
Well Illinois got lucky yesterday but didn't look good at all. Even Mich State struggled for much of the game. We hit a red hot team and came out like crap but that's on us.

Reaction Score
Big 10 today:
Illinois- Lost
Ohio State- Lost
Michigan State-Lost
Wisconsin-Lost
Purdue-Pending
Overrated- I’d say so
Was literally typing something similar at the same time. 5 of the top 6 out before the S16.

Michigan, a preseason favorite, still alive. Purdue was the other pre-season favorite. Once again shows that pre-season polls have major predictive power in March.

1Gonzaga (55)Alive
2UCLA (8)Alive
3KansasAlive
4VillanovaAlive
5TexasAlive
6MichiganAlive
7PurdueAlive
8BaylorOut, lost to list
9DukeAlive
10KentuckyOut
11IllinoisOut, lost to list
12MemphisOut, lost to list
13OregonN/A
14AlabamaAlive
15HoustonAlive
16ArkansasAlive
17Ohio StateOut, lost to list
18TennesseeOut, lost to list
19North CarolinaAlive
20Florida StateN/A
21MarylandN/A
22AuburnAlive, playing now
23St. BonaventureN/A
24ConnecticutOut
25VirginiaN/A

3 of the final AP top 7 are gone already, whereas the top 7 in pre-season poll still alive.

Reaction Score
B1G is having a really rough day. They are being exposed. B12 is looking pretty good so far.

MJ1

Reaction Score
But next year the tournament committee will put in 8/9 more B10 teams. It’s What they do. It appears to be a right of passage.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I know we all have been having fun this season talking how the ACC was sucking big time
I couldn't help but notice that there seemed to be quite a few ACC teams playing the past this weekend

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Was literally typing something similar at the same time. 5 of the top 6 out before the S16.

Michigan, a preseason favorite, still alive. Purdue was the other pre-season favorite. Once again shows that pre-season polls have major predictive power in March.

1Gonzaga (55)Alive
2UCLA (8)Alive
3KansasAlive
4VillanovaAlive
5TexasAlive
6MichiganAlive
7PurdueAlive
8BaylorOut, lost to list
9DukeAlive
10KentuckyOut
11IllinoisOut, lost to list
12MemphisOut, lost to list
13OregonN/A
14AlabamaAlive
15HoustonAlive
16ArkansasAlive
17Ohio StateOut, lost to list
18TennesseeOut, lost to list
19North CarolinaAlive
20Florida StateN/A
21MarylandN/A
22AuburnAlive, playing now
23St. BonaventureN/A
24ConnecticutOut
25VirginiaN/A

3 of the final AP top 7 are gone already, whereas the top 7 in pre-season poll still alive.
Bama is out

Reaction Score
I’ve been vindicated. Kiss my arse!!!!!! All of you doubters! Ill take my apologies humbly.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It will be hilarious if Purdue loses and the only Big 10 team left is a 17-14 Michigan who shouldn’t have even been in the tournament to begin with
I’ve been vindicated. Kiss my arse!!!!!! All of you doubters! Ill take my apologies humbly.
Full vindication only comes when Michigan bows out. And the way they're playing right now, they could easily make the FF.

I personally don't like this as it promotes the ongoing argument for more middling P6 teams over including more mid-majors, but have to say that I've been impressed with Michigan's play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It will be hilarious if Purdue loses and the only Big 10 team left is a 17-14 Michigan who shouldn’t have even been in the tournament to begin with
Then again, I liked that 9-9 Big East team that earned its way into the NCAA tourney by winning its conference tournament and then 6 more in a row in 2011.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The only thing you have control over is being a good winner. This ain't it.

I don't track your batting average, but you definitely like to swing hard often, even jumping at first pitches. Sometimes you connect. Sometimes you whiff. It's what you do.

It's not as though you're the only one who is skeptical about the B1G. Many have the maturity to not channel boastful energies there.

Reaction Score
Ya, Iowa, Purdue, and Wisconsin all losing to lower seeds does not look great. Purdue is their only shot, realistically. Otherwise Michigan is carrying the B10 if Purdue bows out in the s16. Not sure they get another win. MSU was respectable in a 7 vs 2 battle but oSU did not look great even if the final score only said it was a 10 point loss.

But BE is kind of similar, slightly better maybe. Shall and Marquette both got embarrassed in the two worst opening round games outside of 1 vs 16 and UConn...Ya....So we are left with Nova and Providence carrying the BE while Creighton, like MSU was respectable in round of 32.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I mean, sure, you created a mojo nightmare by dredging up the same terrible mojo we got burned by last year.

And you predicted a league that had no 1-2 seeds and a whole bunch of 7 and under would get few teams to the S16. And that did happen. But both the mathematical odds itself would suggest they'd only 3-4 teams max. I mean, this is a slight underperformance, but not surprising.

Which, of course, comes to the last part. It's literally a meme to trash talk the B10. it's the most popular thing to say. It's almost like predicting the Durant-Curry Warriors to make the Finals. Congrats on being right, I guess. I'd have been more impressed if you said something no one else was saying, like the SEC somehow being even worse (with three teams people legit considered title contenders all losing before the weekend was over) or the ACC over-performing.

But if you want to spike the football by destroying the mojo and getting something right that many suggested and was statistically likely, go for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom