Annesah Morrow a Model for Alliyah? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Annesah Morrow a Model for Alliyah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She really used and abused Liv I’m disappointed in her defense tonight. Senior against a undersized freshman and couldn’t do anything with marrow. AE struggling and not playing basically cus of CD phenomenal performance and Azzi being back. Dorka was playing pretty good. It was just a bad match up for AE
Well fortunately, we have two bangers headed our way next year whom I feel will be a challenge to Morrow in the coming years....

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well fortunately, we have two bangers headed our way next year whom I feel will be a challenge to Morrow in the coming years....
Let's hope so! We all thought our Aaliyah was our banger for SC's Aaliyah.

Reaction Score
Absolutely!

I honestly don't get this BY bashing of Morrow and calling her a dirty player and getting help from the refs as if she needs it. If any UCONN player displayed half her aggression they would be applauded. This kid plays hard and had me sold on the second UCONN possession of the game where she got a piece of the ball on 3 consecutive UCONN attempted passes.
Couldn't agree more. Love her intensity, her "motor". She's also a highly intelligent player with a great skill set. I would love to have her on my team! She made our bigs look terrible. That's to her credit!

Reaction Score
She should have fouled out of last nights game. She grabs and holds excessively. She push the entire game. And her on the ball defense is inevitably fouling. But for some extraordinarily lenient reffing, she would have been out.
Watching the game now she should have at least 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes .. she reaches a lot pushes off like a bull in a china shop but she does have great touch on her shots .. moves a ton on her screens .. when she post up she brings her elbow right into the chest of defenders that’s a offensive foul .. how does UConn travel and DePaul not travel ? Fyi she deserves at least 2 academy awards for flopping

Reaction Score
Any ref paying attention would have given Morrow 4 fouls in the first 15 minutes of the game. I'm not saying she's mean or even intentionally fouling necessarily but she wants to win so bad she's fighting with everything she's got and there are rules in society. You generally can't just slam people to win. Elbow people in the ribs to get them to move. Extend your arms to just push them under the basket overtly to be in a better position to rebound. Just hack a player going in to score. She basically hit players a lot when they were shooting and got away with it most of the time. We missed a lot of layups which were unexplainable. At least some of them involved being leaned on and/or hit.

Now, all that said, isn't that playoff basketball to a large degree? Sometimes the refs just let almost anything go. Now they call BS traveling nit picking calls and let the players hack each other constantly. I think it's ill advised.

I was even more concerned about all the charge calls where they were just jumping in front of us and getting the call. Draping themselves all over us at all the time. The refs let it go yesterday and sometimes that is going to happen. We need to deal with it.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Alliyah has not grown from her promising Freshman season. She looks lost a lot of the time. Geno only played her for 8 minutes in the first half against DePaul and then benched her for the entire second half when the game was on the line. At the same time, Depaul's Freshman Forward used her strong body and remarkable aggression to dominate the Huskies as she has dominated the rest of the Conference all season long. In thinking about who on UCONN could emulate Morrow, the answer is clear. The only UCONN player with the physical size and innate natural aggression is Aalliyah Edwards. I would hope that the coaches would agree and would have her study Morrow film and to have her use Morrow as a model on which to recast her play. This would mean a complete make-over but as Edwards is at a personal nadir anyway, I can't see that there is much risk, while the upside for someone with Aalliyah's formidable body which is larger than Morrow's and natural aggression could become a season altering asset for the Huskies and a major upgrade for a struggling UCONN player with great potential if it can be focused and achieved.
Her footwork and confidence are something else. She doesn't care what's happening, she just does what I think she does in practice. She'll be the player of the year but I think Caroline snags freshman at least co-

Reaction Score
Oh, Morrow is a model for anyone! Someone already said it, her motor was the key. She OUTWORKED folks. All about that desire and Morrow had DESIRE. Like others have said, Alliyah is Alliyah. Still love that young lady and all that she brings to the UConn program. She works hard out there. Her motor just isn't in the same range as Morrow's motor.

Reactions: PvP

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh, Morrow is a model for anyone! Someone already said it, her motor was the key. She OUTWORKED folks. All about that desire and Morrow had DESIRE. Like others have said, Alliyah is Alliyah. Still love that young lady and all that she brings to the UConn program. She works hard out there. Her motor just isn't in the same range as Morrow's motor.
Does not hurt that she has the body of a dead lifter. Alot of players look strong but I think this kid is at another level. And from what she says about playing through the pain in her knee, she must have a very powerful mental strength.

Finally, with regards to the Canadian National Team, I think part of the problem was that for whatever reason, she was outperformed by Amihere and that may have gotten into her head wanting to do things she is not well suited for,??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Morrow with 12 pts and 10 rebounds at half. Chance at 4th 30pt 10 rebound game in row. Is that a record?

But even with these stats, she looks more human against St Johns (5-15) than against UConn. St Johns only down by 4 at half.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Morrow with 12 pts and 10 rebounds at half. Chance at 4th 30pt 10 rebound game in row. Is that a record?

But even with these stats, she looks more human against St Johns (5-15) than against UConn. St Johns only down by 4 at half.
She didn't get the 30 points, only 22.

Reaction Score
Thanks to MJL's replay posting, got to watch Morrow in more detail. Her technique was to camp out in the lane, pushing the defender's hip with one hand while she went for the rebound. So many times, ONO and Dorka had rebounding position but were pushed off their spot. Savvy move by Morrow as long as you can get away with it. Unless the refs follow the rules below, Morrow will have many more big games.
The Rules Committee is concerned with uncalled three-second violations. The basis for this concern is that these uncalled infractions provide a distinct advantage for the offensive team

As a reminder, a player is not permitted to have any part of his body in the three-second lane for more than three consecutive seconds while the ball is in control of his team in his front court. (Exception 9-9.1.a).

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
LoL! :eek:. Only 22? :D.
I was replying to a post that pointed out that Morrow had an active streak of 30+ points and 10+ rebounds games coming into the St. John's game. It wasn't a "derogatory" comment, it had everything to say about the end of that streak.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was replying to a post that pointed out that Morrow had an active streak of 30+ points and 10+ rebounds games coming into the St. John's game. It wasn't a "derogatory" comment, it had everything to say about the end of that streak.
I didn’t take it as a derogatory. It looked funny when I read it that’s all. Similar to last year when someone said Caitlin Clark “only” scored 21 against UCONN.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Look, everything has been said about Alliyahs less than stellar season this year, so what I am really hoping is that it is just physical and not mental. It wasn't that long ago, or maybe it was, that after a very good freshmen season, Steph Dolson endured a not very good sophomore year. Well, the rest is history. She became one of our best centers to grace this program, and one of my favorite players. I'm hoping she can get out of this this year, but if not, maybe the summer of conditioning and on the floor work will bring her back to the player she was last year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Look, everything has been said about Alliyahs less than stellar season this year, so what I am really hoping is that it is just physical and not mental. It wasn't that long ago, or maybe it was, that after a very good freshmen season, Steph Dolson endured a not very good sophomore year. Well, the rest is history. She became one of our best centers to grace this program, and one of my favorite players. I'm hoping she can get out of this this year, but if not, maybe the summer of conditioning and on the floor work will bring her back to the player she was last year.
The coaches usually give players “homework” for the summer break and they may have been unable to do that with Aaliyah due to her commitment to Canada Basketball last year. She may be a little behind in her development as a result.

One of my favorite players, Tina Charles, didn’t see the light bulb come on until midway through her junior year. Yeah, she was good up until then but she was spectacular for her junior and senior years. It’s not unusual for post players to have a more gradual learning curve than guards

Reaction Score
I agree with Nan. We’ve had plenty of bigs that needed time to develop and AE will be one of them despite her freshman season. Dolson wasn’t the passer she ended up being. Tina Charles, as Nan mentioned, was really the focus of Geno’s ire her first few years. i could go on. Give AE a break. She’ll figure it out, and it may not be this year.

How often we forget these are young people navigating more than just basketball.

Reaction Score
She should have fouled out of last nights game. She grabs and holds excessively. She push the entire game. And her on the ball defense is inevitably fouling. But for some extraordinarily lenient reffing, she would have been out.
Couldn’t agree more. Right now my vote for NFOY is Caroline Ducharme, not Morrow.

Reaction Score
That kid 'Morrow', can really play hard, Incredible, all those points scored, rebounds, double after double & just a 'Freshman'. Never remember seeing her name listed as a being ranked as a outstanding recruit. I am also jealous, for all her hair for I have a follicular problem!

Reaction Score
I wish Geno would just let AE stay down low and do her thing. She's always out at the wing area and she seems lost, kinda stuck in never never land. This making her a wing type player has failed miserably.

PvP

Reaction Score
That kid 'Morrow', can really play hard, Incredible, all those points scored, rebounds, double after double & just a 'Freshman'. Never remember seeing her name listed as a being ranked as a outstanding recruit. I am also jealous, for all her hair for I have a follicular problem!
She was a 3 star prospect, not rated in the top 100 and rated 18th best forward. They didn't exactly nail it!

Reaction Score
Couldn’t agree more. Right now my vote for NFOY is Caroline Ducharme, not Morrow.
Sorry, but that’s just ludicrous! Morrow is the most dominant player in the entire conference! Caroline is a nice player and, I believe, a future All-American but right now, Morrow is simply out of her class!

Reaction Score
Sorry, but that’s just ludicrous! Morrow is the most dominant player in the entire conference! Caroline is a nice player and, I believe, a future All-American but right now, Morrow is simply out of her class!
You sir are full of it. All Morrow can do is shove people around under the basket with a sympathetic ref. She’s not a good shooter on the floor, though she does make her free throws, I’ll give her that. She always lags everyone else running down the floor. She’s about as quick as a glacier. She should have fouled out in many of the games this season. This is womens basketball, not rugby.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek:I'm sure Caroline would appreciate your vote.
Sad Number GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104