Anna and the pass seen ‘round the world. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Anna and the pass seen ‘round the world.

Reaction Score
Yep D kept hitting teammates in the head and hands, Geno frequently said they have to get used to playing with her.
The funny thing about assists is that they come to players on mediocre teams and great ones. Point guards on great teams have lots of targets, great point guards on mediocre teams have to manufacture points. Mariah Jefferson at UConn and Kennedy Leonard at lowly Colorado—despite missing 14 games as a senior with injuries—both dished nearly 700. Of course, Kennedy had to do more on her own, Mariah had others dishing as well.

Reaction Score
Just watched the game again and the next pass Anna made was a full speed running perfect bullet to a streaking Walker for a bucket. I mean absolutely perfect.

I also watched during same time period Walker pass up a pass to an open Anna and take the shot herself, a contested miss. But it made me think she isn’t ignoring Anna, that Meg has little confidence in her passing ability, though she made one nice long pass to Anna for a bucket. It is the weakest aspect of her game and needs to improve before she moves on WNBA, difficult because she has obviously been tagged as a scorer by Geno.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, Anna's pass made #3 in Sports Center's top 10 plays.

The announcer was pretty impressed and added a few UConn praises in general (with a little AAC is not a powerhouse put in)

Reaction Score
Ania's passes have a distinctive look to them, compared to others who I'd consider good passers over the years on this team. It seems that she'll float a pass more often than the others, but the float passes rarely get intercepted, because she has a knack for putting the ball on the right trajectory to make sure it doesn't get deflected.

In other words, even her "lazy" passes have surprisingly high intent and focus.

Excellent observation.
Where's the doofus who said she's slow mentally and physically a few weeks ago? Perhaps he could throw some cold water on the video. You know, like to point out she should have lead Williams by another foot.:(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Watching the 7:00 am Sportscenter, it’s great to see “The Pass” make the Top 10 plays at #3. But I do note that the woman announcer butchered Anna’s last name. :confused: I also note that the #2 play was a nice catch in the Australian Baseball League (I didn’t even know they played baseball in Australia), and #1 was another amazing basketball play from the Granite State. Senior guard Christian Porydzy hit a full court shot as time expired in OT to send the Bantam’s game with CT College into a 2nd OT, where Trinity ultimately prevailed.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
;):rolleyes:
1580047887166.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the 7:00 am Sportscenter, it’s great to see “The Pass” make the Top 10 plays at #3. But I do note that the woman announcer butchered Anna’s last name. :confused: I also note that the #2 play was a nice catch in the Australian Baseball League (I didn’t even know they played baseball in Australia), and #1 was another amazing basketball play from the Granite State. Senior guard Christian Porydzy hit a full court shot as time expired in OT to send the Bantam’s game with CT College into a 2nd OT, where Trinity ultimately prevailed.
The Aussies are frequently more like us than the Brits. Softball, for example, is extremely popular. Thirty plus years ago they sent 12 and 14 year old teams to the U.S. to play the entire summer in our travel ball tournaments.

Reaction Score
I think she is getting over her nerves. ;)

She is definitely fun to watch.

Reaction Score
With Ania and Aubrey playing at this level. They can beat anyone!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The deep smile Aubrey had when she made an athletic drive and got a foul shot is priceless against the national team. She showed some good confidence on a few drives.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Will it make Sports Center Top 10?
It really should.......
Bravo, Anna Mak!

It did!!! It was #3 on their top 10 that evening.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anna is getting more comfortable / acclimated to her team, surroundings and all things that take some time in her situation. Rocky posted as I type and I agree on her defensive prowess. I could watch this play a hundred times and still enjoy it. (I'm only at 30)
And now her shot falling too! The team is developing as many here would hope. OK enough, I gotta go watch that pass 70 more times! :D

More often than not, now when Anna puts up a shot, I expect it to go in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom