Anna and the pass seen ‘round the world. | The Boneyard

Anna and the pass seen ‘round the world.

Reaction Score
I accidentally posted this to men’s list. But you know the pass. Meg Como said Anna sees what happens before it happens. The words “perfect pass” and Anna are becoming commonplace. She’d have more assists if recipients finished plays but even when they don’t they frequently end in scores as when her fabulous roomie, Aubrey, took offensive rebounds to score. Can we now start seeing her in the linage of great UConn passers. Oh, and I suppose the eight threes were okay too.

Reaction Score
I accidentally posted this to men’s list. But you know the pass. Meg Como said Anna sees what happens before it happens. The words “perfect pass” and Anna are becoming commonplace. She’d have more assists if recipients finished plays but even when they don’t they frequently end in scores as when her fabulous roomie, Aubrey, took offensive rebounds to score. Can we now start seeing her in the linage of great UConn passers. Oh, and I suppose the eight threes were okay too.

Imagine how many more assists and points Anna would have IF they "passed" to her. :D

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That pass should but it might be shared with that 80' ECU shot.
The 80 foot shot is great spectacle, but as much luck as skill. That pass was pure basketball mastery. And she did it while still in the air from the catch! Watch the clip and see the ref and Geno on the sideline in utter disbelief. Can you even imagine her and Paige on the floor together? Wow, just WOW.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The 80 foot shot is great spectacle, but as much luck as skill. That pass was pure basketball mastery. And she did it while still in the air from the catch! Watch the clip and see the ref and Geno on the sideline in utter disbelief. Can you even imagine her and Paige on the floor together? Wow, just WOW.

Agreed but the question was showing on SC and we know they don't do discernment

Reaction Score
Ania's passes have a distinctive look to them, compared to others who I'd consider good passers over the years on this team. It seems that she'll float a pass more often than the others, but the float passes rarely get intercepted, because she has a knack for putting the ball on the right trajectory to make sure it doesn't get deflected.

In other words, even her "lazy" passes have surprisingly high intent and focus.

Reaction Score
Anna is BLOOMING....I keep saying it....PASS THE BALL TO HER!!!! She is unselfish & could be the BEST talent on the squad....watch Anna bloom.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Do I get a penalty flag if I say that I'm almost as excited by the made open layup as by the spectacular pass? :D
If I had $5:00 for every layup I have seen missed by D1 players this season, I would have enough money to fly to Storrs and watch a UConn game in person. Now that would be great!

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Christyn looked as if she knew the pass was coming.
All that Anna had to do to ensure that Christyn was expecting the ball was to yell "Squeaks!" (or something equivalently terse) as she was gathering in the court length pass.

I have read that it is a UConn team requirement that the sender of every pass must holler the name of the intended recipient as the pass is made, in practice and in games. Makes sense; it probably cuts down on turnovers, and is useless to the opponent, who would have no time to react.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom