Ania & Meg & Paige - oh my! | The Boneyard

Ania & Meg & Paige - oh my!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That huge gasping sound was UConn’ NCAA opponents taking a collective intake of breath

I might have to start a second thread called Christyn, Evina & Liv - oh my!

The future’s so bright, I gotta :cool:

Reaction Score
Our future is super bright!
Movement today was the best I’ve seen this year. Anna who I saw in an exhibition game
really was super FUN to watch today!
You could see she was having FUN too!
Can’t wait to watch it back this week.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aubrey was fierce out there. I think at least two of her baskets came on super passes from Anna. Seeing the two freshmen working together gives us hope for future—maybe near future.

as active as Aubrey was on offense, she was very intense on defense. Especially challenging every jump shot. (Anna too)

Reaction Score
If Anna continues to contribute like that--and I for one think that's no stretch--the future may be now and a national championship might be a real possibility. Anyway, they are much more fun to watch when they play like this. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
That huge gasping sound was UConn’ NCAA opponents taking a collective intake of breath

I might have to start a second thread called Christyn, Evina & Liv - oh my!

The future’s so bright, I gotta :cool:

I think they can only start 5... it is going to be competitive

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Given that Tulsa isn’t good, if we bring that energy all the time, we won’t be an easy out for anyone. I watched some of LVille vs UNC. I thought we are much quicker than LVille. I also thought UNC played lousy defense. Obviously we had a few sluggish games in a row ourselves, but if that was the usual LVille, we are better provided we have that energy.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LMAO......from doom & gloom to euphoria! Only in the Boneyard. :)
if Ania has rediscovered her confidence and can play with anything approaching today’s swagger going forward, the team is exponentially better. Seriously. Adding a fourth scorer lifted the whole team and lets the role players just play. It’s huge

Yeah, Tulsa is a bad team but I was watching how the team attacked and was relentless on defense. There was much more focus and energy today, regardless of opponent.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I might have to start a second thread called Christyn, Evina & Liv - oh my! The future’s so bright, I gotta :cool:
I want to see how much competition their will be for playing time next year. I have watched games by Edwards, Bueckers, and Muhl. I think Edwards with lot's of internation experience could be hard to keep of the floor during January, 2021 or onward. How flexble is Aubrey. Can she play wing and guard? Muhl looks very good, Buecks is very good. Evina is very good. Anna is ramping up. Christyn better beware and make a huge jump next year to stay on the court, I could see Olivia, Meg, Edwards, Evina, and Anna starting Feb. and Mar. 2021. Not saying it would happen, but I think it is a possibility. They all look good on paper but on court is another story. But the potential is there.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Molly also looked good. She was all over the place on defense and hustled the whole time she was on the floor. If they play pressure defense Thursday like they did today they have a much better chance of winning.

Reaction Score
if Ania has rediscovered her confidence and can play with anything approaching today’s swagger going forward, the team is exponentially better. Seriously. Adding a fourth scorer lifted the whole team and lets the role players just play. It’s huge

Yeah, Tulsa is a bad team but I was watching how the team attacked and was relentless on defense. There was much more focus and energy today, regardless of opponent.

Yes, it's all about what's going on between her ears. Finally late in this game, Anna was visibly calling for the ball each time down the court. And finally she began to go for her own shot rather than dish it off to others. She was still doing it in the second half, even though she had open shots.

Then something seemed to click, and she began to ring up the buckets!

Reaction Score
Aubrey was fierce out there. I think at least two of her baskets came on super passes from Anna. Seeing the two freshmen working together gives us hope for future—maybe near future.

Griffin is starting to tighten up her man defense. Her length and quick hands allow her to reach around ball handlers and she is beginning to get a lot of deflections, which never show up in the stats. As long as she isn't expected to play long minutes she shouldn't be afraid to draw fouls from tight defense, as long as they are non-shooting fouls and as long as she is disruptive.

Reaction Score
NO mediocre high school team would have come close to Tulsa! Now a team like Hopkins might have given them a run for their money.
Hopefully, you are being facetious. The worst team in Division one would kill the best high school team. Same with D2 and D3. There is no comparison between high school and college basketball.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's all about what's going on between her ears. Finally late in this game, Anna was visibly calling for the ball each time down the court. And finally she began to go for her own shot rather than dish it off to others. She was still doing it in the second half, even though she had open shots.

Then something seemed to click, and she began to ring up the buckets!
It came with the core four on bench and she realized she was by far the best player on either team on the floor. In the fourth she might have outscored both teams combined.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom