Ania is En Route! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ania is En Route!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
BAMA: Be not of faint heart. I DO have that envelope, though I'm not sure when to open 'er up. Perhaps you could be helpful in that regard?

You know what they say........................Timing is EVERYTHING. ;)

Reaction Score
Geno has had and used guards or forwards that shot early and often. When you need offense it is great to have an offensive player like Laska.
I don't know if CW or Westbrook are better than she offensively.

She is a better shooter than Williams and Westbrook, I will give you that, but her complete offensive game is not as good, and she is not even close defensively.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
BAMA: Be not of faint heart. I DO have that envelope, though I'm not sure when to open 'er up. Perhaps you could be helpful in that regard?
My heart is stalwart and undeterred after @Carnac, the sybillic swami, has reassured me of his imminent return to form. But thanks for offering your services. It is truly not so much what is in the envelope that fascinates, but rather the divinatory pronouncement of the salient question. ;)

Reaction Score
Très bon, mon ami le voyant.
Very good. My Friend the Voyant is that Clair voyant? I was teached that in Ecole de Polytechnique de Mont Real or Ecole de la Saint Elie du Caxtin Comte de St Maurice

Reaction Score
She is a better shooter than Williams and Westbrook, I will give you that, but her complete offensive game is not as good, and she is not even close defensively.
A subjective definition but I'll give you some of that because the proof is to seen them side by side and I'd have no issue seeing that. Then there is how well is she i.e is she less of a player after injury???

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Fear not Mon Frere, the "readings" are coming. It's a dead period right now. Things will heat up during the "Dog Daze" of summer. I'll round back into shape. That 22 month hiatus I took was good for me, I needed a break.
The turban was beginning to get heavy and a little tight. I'll need some time (spring training) before I can get back to "accurately" reading sealed envelopes, and hitting a homerun or two. ;)
It's too late. Your time has passed.;) Also, I stopped logging on to the BY in hopes that if I waited a few days by the time I logged on again someone else would have committed. Unfortunately, no luck.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
When Kia Nurse guarded Laksa she had zero offensive game, as in zero points, zero rebounds and zero assists. Aw, I know, that's harsh. Laksa wasn't the only talented player Nurse throttled during her time in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Is there any more info on Ania's New York adventure? On why Touly was her tour guide? On where they are now?
Touly is from NY,
I believe the summer term has started, so hopefully all, if not most, of the team in on campus

Reaction Score
Did she make it to the Polish festival in New Britain yesterday?
Hopefully, she would have heard some great (old) music and great for any generation food. Those of not Polish Heritage, like me, don't miss the next Polish Festival. Good people good food..

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is there any more info on Ania's New York adventure? On why Touly was her tour guide? On where they are now?
As Hayven notes, Touly is from New York. It's likely that Ania flew into JFK or EWR, not BDL. So they get to know each other a little before heading to campus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently I should have kept scrolling through IG.

She’s safe and sound and Batouly is showing her NYC!
View attachment 43610

Nice catch.

One nit Batouly, that is definitely not Times Square.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
As Hayven notes, Touly is from New York. It's likely that Ania flew into JFK or EWR, not BDL. So they get to know each other a little before heading to campus.

Who foots the bill for athletes to travel to and from campus at the beginning and end of each year? I assume it’s the family, but I’ve always wondered that...

And ask for flying into JFK or EWR, I’d imagine it was way less expensive and probably kept from long, unnecessary layovers. Getting from small airport to small airport (Gdansk to Hartford) could take aaaaaaages.

I’d be curious to hear how Ola is routed as she goes from Gdansk to Salt Lake City...

Carnac

Reaction Score
It's too late. Your time has passed.;) Also, I stopped logging on to the BY in hopes that if I waited a few days by the time I logged on again someone else would have committed. Unfortunately, no luck.

Mr. Doowop, I'm not going out like that. I'm not giving up that easy, call it a gut feeling. If I'm wrong, I'll give you your props.

I still believe Geno will announce one more player being added for the coming season. There is still plenty of time left for that to happen before I throw in the towel.

UConn has several summer school sessions that new recruits (transfers) can enroll in. One statrs today (June3), another starts July 15-Aug 16. He can announce a new player as late as the the 2nd week in July, and she can still attend summer school if she needs to, or they want her to.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Who foots the bill for athletes to travel to and from campus at the beginning and end of each year? I assume it’s the family, but I’ve always wondered that...

And ask for flying into JFK or EWR, I’d imagine it was way less expensive and probably kept from long, unnecessary layovers. Getting from small airport to small airport (Gdansk to Hartford) could take aaaaaaages.

I’d be curious to hear how Ola is routed as she goes from Gdansk to Salt Lake City...
Probably Poland to Germany then Chicago to SLC.

Reaction Score
Mr. Doowop, I'm not going out like that. I'm not giving up that easy. I still believe Geno will announce one more player being added for the coming season. There is still plenty of time left for that to happen before I throw in the towel.

UConn has several summer school sessions that new recruits (transfers) can enroll in. One statrs today (June3), another starts July 15-Aug 16. He can announce a new player as late as the the 2nd week in July, and she can still attend summer school if she needs to, or they want her to.
The team isn't on campus for the second session, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The team isn't on campus for the second session, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Acknowledged, but not really. IF he signs a player late, she could take a class or two regardless if the team is on campus or not. It would be an "individual" decision/need that would have nothing to do with what other team members were doing at that time. My point is that it's possible, not necessarily probable.

If I'm a "late" signee, and I need to take a class or two, the fact that there may not be any other players on campus at that time would not impact my decision, unless there is a university (women's basketball program) imposed restriction that says otherwise. I'm trying to get MY ducks in order. I understand your comment, but if I need to go, I'm going, unless I'm expressly prohibited by school or athletic department rules from doing so.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Probably Poland to Germany then Chicago to SLC.

I did some nosing around (the logistics of it intrigues me — I promise I’m not being creepy) and the fastest, but more expensive option is Gdańsk to Amsterdam to SLC. I’m surprised there is a one stop option. The other routes often go to Warsaw, Copenhagen, or Paris and then onto LAX, San Francisco, or Chicago and into SLC.

I’m tired just thinking about it.

Reaction Score
I did some nosing around (the logistics of it intrigues me — I promise I’m not being creepy) and the fastest, but more expensive option is Gdańsk to Amsterdam to SLC. I’m surprised there is a one stop option. The other routes often go to Warsaw, Copenhagen, or Paris and then onto LAX, San Francisco, or Chicago and into SLC.

I’m tired just thinking about it.
I'm surprised there are international flights into SLC. Figured that was more of a regional route.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If you took a trip to Italy would you want your first meal to be a hot dog?
Better than gum, apparently.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom