Ania is En Route! | The Boneyard

Ania is En Route!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Ania headed out this morning. Safe travels to her!

Excited to see some posts of her with the rest of the team when she arrives on campus!

5D9759F1-8D0D-4E1C-B32B-96E8DB42D231.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's a good thing I don't gamble. I would have bet my turban that we would have gotten one more commitment or transfer by today (June 1st). Oh well, there's still time. Every time I logged on this past week, I expected (hoped) to see it. :rolleyes: Keep hope alive. We all know that Geno IS NOT done yet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a good thing I don't gamble. I would have bet my turban that we would have gotten one more commitment or transfer by today (June 1st). Oh well, there's still time. Every time I logged on this past week, I expected (hoped) to see it. :rolleyes: Keep hope alive.

You know, I feel the same way that you do. Everyday, I was expecting an another announcement. Too bad, I was hoping that an 8 foot Wonder Woman would have signed on to Geno's program and that would probably have been the frosting on the cake to allow the team to go all the way. Still is plenty of time between now and September.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
It's a good thing I don't gamble. I would have bet my turban that we would have gotten one more commitment or transfer by today (June 1st). Oh well, there's still time. Every time I logged on this past week, I expected (hoped) to see it. :rolleyes: Keep hope alive.
So much for the prescience of Carnac. Too bad there are no hermetically sealed envelopes for you to divine! ;)

Reaction Score

There was nothing to get. The transfer portal was all but bare and there was nobody left in the 2019 class. The only chance we had was an early 2020 commitment, but very few players are committing that early these days.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
There was nothing to get. The transfer portal was all but bare and there was nobody left in the 2019 class. The only chance we had was an early 2020 commitment, but very few players are committing that early these days.

Unless I missed something Kitija Laska is still out there.

Reaction Score
Unless I missed something Kitija Laska is still out there.

IMHO, there is NO way that Coach Auriemma would do that to Coach Fernandez, besides, Laksa is going to want to go somewhere where she will be the featured piece in the offense. That's not happening at UConn where they already have 2 off guards better than her in Williams and Westbrook.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Zuzanna Puc 6'3" previously played at UTEP has not declared a new school yet.

Reaction Score
So much for the prescience of Carnac. Too bad there are no hermetically sealed envelopes for you to divine! ;)
Now I ask you: Why would Herman seal envelopes for Carnac? Can't do that himself??

Reaction Score
IMHO, there is NO way that Coach Auriemma would do that to Coach Fernandez, besides, Laksa is going to want to go somewhere where she will be the featured piece in the offense. That's not happening at UConn where they already have 2 off guards better than her in Williams and Westbrook.
Geno has had and used guards or forwards that shot early and often. When you need offense it is great to have an offensive player like Laska.
I don't know if CW or Westbrook are better than she offensively.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

The UTEP site says she is a sophomore but clearly says she has played 3 years there. I think she has only 1 year of eligibility left. She's from Poland. Do we know anyone else from Poland? ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jose has said he is at peace with whatever Kitija decides to do. What does she want to do? Is seriously competing for a championship a goal of hers? I don't think she winds up in Storrs, but I don't think it's impossible either.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Fear not Mon Frere, the "readings" are coming. It's a dead period right now. Things will heat up during the "Dog Daze" of summer. I'll round back into shape. That 22 month hiatus I took was good for me, I needed a break.
The turban was beginning to get heavy and a little tight. I'll need some time (spring training) before I can get back to "accurately" reading sealed envelopes, and hitting a homerun or two. ;)

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Fear not Mon Frere, the "readings" are coming. It's a dead period right now. Things will heat up during the "dog daze" of summer, and I'll round back into shape. That 22 month hiatus was good for me, I needed the break.
I'll need some time (spring training) before I can get back to "accurately" reading sealed envelopes, and hitting a homerun or two. ;)
Très bon, mon ami le voyant.

Carnac

Reaction Score

You are absolutely correct. However, I believe there are still many "untapped" resources flying under the radar overseas. It was one of these young ladies from abroad that I was hoping Geno and company have "discovered", and will bring to America.

I'm thinking a TALL post player that will be able to play right away. It's not too late. I would like to think he has already found her, and arrangements are being made, or have already been made, and they're simply waiting to announce her. THAT'S the announcement I hope to read every time I log on to the yard in the coming days/weeks. (Sooner rather than later)

I understand you disagree, but Kitija Laska (USF) is still out there undeclared. She would be a welcomed tool in Geno's tool belt should she want to come north to finish her college career. You said: "IMHO, there is NO way that Coach Auriemma would do that to Coach Fernandez", but as Milford Husky commented: "Jose has said he is at peace with whatever Kitija decides to do." We'll see.

Who knows her mindset at this point in her life. Perhaps she's looking for the "last best chance" of preparing herself to make a roster in the WNBA, and figures that playing a season for Geno will give her that "best chance." You know how coveted players coming in from UConn are in the W. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

BAMA: Be not of faint heart. I DO have that envelope, though I'm not sure when to open 'er up. Perhaps you could be helpful in that regard?

Reaction Score

WBB: Can any of you imagine just how much i hope her family name rhymes with the hockey puck vs the other potential options?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom