Angel Not Playing Tonight. Maybe Suspended Indefinitely | The Boneyard

Angel Not Playing Tonight. Maybe Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Tweet from Michelle and others are saying Angel is not playing tonight.

A Retweet from Swish Appeal said that according to the Dream Announcers Angel has been suspended indefinitely. Michelle has not tweeted that Angel has been suspended and she's wondering what indefinitely means.

If that's the case then why was their head coach fired.

U

UCONNfan1

That's a good question. I can't believe i read Angel was whining about PT on the Olympic team. Are you serious? Easy player to root against. The attitude totally sucks.

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt and if the facts come out and show that she's a great teammate and all that, I'll obviously say I was wrong, but hearing that she complained about PT on the Olympic team, then that she's sitting out for "personal reasons", then to hear she's been suspended indefinitely...

That almost sounds like something you'd see in college. like Chloe Wells - suspended for breaking team rules, or whatever it was. It SEEMS very juvenile.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
epic-fail.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I await the facts.
Although a fair and sage position to take, some facts that are already apparent are that a team who went to consecutive wnba finals is now without its star player for the time being, and one of the franchise's architects and head coach permanently. And that's a cluster.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Angel is indeed suspended indefinitely per the Associated Press, via ESPN

LINK

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Like I said before, the truth will eventually come out!!!!

There is more to this story I am sure!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I am thinking that maybe I don't want to know. This story has pulled enough focus away from the folks who are playing hard trying to win games for their teams....

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Maybe the bad blood was infecting the whole team and Williams thought he had to get rid of Angel too....When will the "facts" come out, do you suppose?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
GENO has commented (However briefly) about the Atlanta coaching change!

LINK

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I await the facts.

Facts schmacks. Who needs them? Much easier to blame now and apologize later.

I'll admit I don't know much about Meadors or if there is any truth to her being hard to get along with as someone here has suggested. I do know that Angel seems to be quite a unique personality/personalities who would certainly be capable of creating some drama.

I've wondered. Was Angel on the team when "unnamed players" allegedly went to Harwick to tell her that Geno had supposedly made comments about her?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I've wondered. Was Angel on the team when "unnamed players" allegedly went to Harwick to tell her that Geno had supposedly made comments about her?

The answer to your question is easily discoverable by looking it up at the USA Basketball website. If, as you state, you've been wondering, why not go to the site and stop the wondering? Then again, doing so might not fit with your agenda which appears to be about coming to this board and stirring the pot on this issue.

I've wondered: If you have such a problem with Geno Auriemma then why not just ignore him, his team and this board?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The answer to your question is easily discoverable by looking it up at the USA Basketball website. If, as you state, you've been wondering, why not go to the site and stop the wondering? Then again, doing so might not fit with your agenda which appears to be about coming to this board and stirring the pot on this issue.

I've wondered: If you have such a problem with Geno Auriemma then why not just ignore him, his team and this board?

My questions was more in wondering if she may have been stirring the pot in that situation. It had nothing to do with having a problem with Geno.

And if you have such a problem with me, you also have the ability to ignore me. Here is how this is done.
  • Click on my User Name
  • Click on Ignore

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My questions was more in wondering if she may have been stirring the pot in that situation. It had nothing to do with having a problem with Geno.

And if you have such a problem with me, you also have the ability to ignore me. Here is how this is done.
  • Click on my User Name
  • Click on Ignore

Be careful the Boneyard could crash with that much bandwidth dedicated to the demands of that ignore command.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Checking the Atlanta Journal-Constitution take on the situ and find it essentially nil; just copies the AP feed.
Seems like the team is not closely covered in its own hometown, too many other sports distractions

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Checking the Atlanta Journal-Constitution take on the situ and find it essentially nil; just copies the AP feed.
Seems like the team is not closely covered in its own hometown, too many other sports distractions
Atlanta is a college football town. People only sort of care about the Falcons and Braves. Like most newspapers, the AJC is desperately trying to cut costs. Paying for original content for a WNBA team just isn't feasible for them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I do think if you look at Olympic players returning to WNBA you see a lot of problems:
Diana - big broohaha
Sue - missed a game or two
Fowles - has missed the last two games for 'personal reasons'
Lauren J - missed a week+
Cambage - not playing the rest of the season
Angel - whatever is happening
Asjha - out injured
I'm sure their are more, but that is a significant list by itself.
I also find the comments about the Olympic team to be a little interesting. NOTHING came out during the month nor for the two weeks after - suddenly there are all these remors of discontent - I have a little trouble believing it. And the picture of Angel riding on Geno's back after the final win doesn't suggest a trouble relationship, nor do Angel's comments about everything she learned during the month.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I do think if you look at Olympic players returning to WNBA you see a lot of problems:
Diana - big broohaha
Asjha - out injured
I also find the comments about the Olympic team to be a little interesting. NOTHING came out during the month nor for the two weeks after - suddenly there are all these remors of discontent - I have a little trouble believing it. And the picture of Angel riding on Geno's back after the final win doesn't suggest a trouble relationship, nor do Angel's comments about everything she learned during the month.

When you've been coached by Geno for six weeks its hard to go back to other coaches. ;)

Reaction Score
Tweet from Michelle and others are saying Angel is not playing tonight.

A Retweet from Swish Appeal said that according to the Dream Announcers Angel has been suspended indefinitely. Michelle has not tweeted that Angel has been suspended and she's wondering what indefinitely means.

If that's the case then why was their head coach fired.

Whatever else it is, it's sad. I remember following a link on here awhile back to a great UTube video of Angel clowning around with Tiffany. Back then the word was that they were close, that Angel had been a great help to Tiffany kn getting her feet on the ground. With more unknown than known, it's good to keep an open mind.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Angel's sitch is unique, but clearly the women pay a dear price to play and earn a living. Yes, they make good money, but not really having the time off to rest their bodies throughout the year is brutal. Throw the Olympics on top of their normal schedule, and it's just a mess. I don't know how they do it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Diana - big broohaha
Asjha - out injured

I agree about Angel. I had heard nothing about her causing problems or complaining about PT and now all of a sudden with the Meadors situation it is coming out? What is the source on her stirring up trouble about playing time? I doubt that any player on that Olympic team would have put up with that and guess that more than a few would have put her in her place.

I kind of feel like a few players are taking advantage of the Omympics to get in some rest. I'm sure they are tired and a little banged up, but to take weeks or even seasons off does not speak very highly of their dedication to the WNBA and quite frankly makes it look like a second-rate league. This league is not yet relevant enough for Okympians to coast through the rest of the season. They should be using the Olympics to PROMOTE the WNBA, not treat it like a part-time job.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Give them a break. Most of those players are playing year round with tons of travel, and they come home to a league that pays them next to nothing compared to overseas teams. Then they represent their country for free (yes, I know thye win money with medals, but still. If they get injured that money isn't worth it).

Do you think a single NBA player would take three weeks in the middle of the season to go to the Olympics? Hell no. Those women desreve a few weeks of rest, I don't think it's going to make the WNBA fold immediately. If that were going to happen it would have happened the first three Olympic years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom