Aneesah Morrow | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Because SC just lost half its team and 3/4 of their ppg to graduation. Morrow and her 25 ppg would go a long way in filling that hole.
I mean SC fans are claiming their bench players are better than the 4 seniors they are losing to the draft so why would they need Morrow ? She’s a heck of a player and a rebound machine so someone’s gonna get a very good player

Reaction Score
Why do I feel like it would be intriguing to watch her play with Clark at Iowa. Two big time scorers. Morrow would be the beneficiary of many Clark Assists, and Iowa has a proven track record with developing post players. Would be interesting but highly highly unlikely.

Reaction Score
I think Morrow needs the ball a lot to be effective and that really doesn't fit with UConn's offense........if she was willing to take a step back and contribute as part of the team offense then I'd love to see her at in Storrs.........

Reaction Score
Why not? He is not stealing her, she is leaving of her own accord. Do you think Bruno would rather see her play for South Carolina?
I guess it depends why she decided to transfer out Depaul.

Reaction Score
I mean SC fans are claiming their bench players are better than the 4 seniors they are losing to the draft so why would they need Morrow ? She’s a heck of a player and a rebound machine so someone’s gonna get a very good player
I don't think that applies to their front court.........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Per Lila Bromberg on twitter - she's in the portal. Would Geno consider picking up?
Gee Patty. Your post grew legs and ran. You've got over 1,000 views already.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
All other questions aside, would Morrow conform to the CD rules?

I don't care where she goes as long as it's not Columbia, Baton Rouge, or College Park.
I seriously doubt she'll land in College Park. Players are bailing out of Maryland in droves, and away from head coach Brenda Frese. There's a reason for the mass exodus. :rolleyes: You don't run toward a situation others are running from, and running by you. We should not have to wait too long for her to announce her new destination.

Reaction Score
Interesting. A lot would depend on the meeting with Aneesah and the discussion about her role with the program. She is a great talent and would help any program. The key would be if would be, if she is cool with a lesser role on a team because she won't be able to get 25+ shot attempts per game at some programs.

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt she'll land in College Park. Players are bailing out of Maryland in droves, and away from head coach Brenda Frese. There's a reason for the mass exodus. :rolleyes: You don't run toward a situation others are running from, and running by you. We should not have to wait too long for her to announce her new destination.
I didn’t realize that Maryland was still leaking players in droves. But if they are, Brenda seems to do a pretty good job of bringing replacements in.

Reaction Score
I never said that I thought she would go there or would even consider it. I was just identify places I don't want to see her go. I think you leapt to an indirect conclusion. I don't like the coaches at those schools and I don't want to see them get players that would make them better.

sun

Reaction Score
Morrow could become a better shooter if she didn't need to shoulder so much PT & scoring for DePaul.
She averaged 35.2 minutes per game.
IMO she wants both fame & fortune, with NIL money being an important consideration.

Reaction Score
The evils of NIL begin:

"The University of Miami and the NCAA said women’s basketball coaches inadvertently helped arrange contact between a booster and two players, which is not permitted, as reported by the Associated Press on Friday.
The incident with the Hurricanes' is the first in which the NCAA is sanctioning a team related to an NIL infraction, the AP reported.
In addition to the year-long probation, Miami agreed to various other minor sanctions, such as a small fine — $5,000, plus 1 percent of the women’s basketball budget, which the school does not release as a private institution — and a slight reduction in what’s allowed in recruiting.

The NCAA investigated the actions of wealthy alumnus John Ruiz, who has signed several Miami athletes to NIL deals. Among them are women’s basketball players Haley and Hanna Cavinder, who transferred to Miami after meeting with Ruiz — though the Cavinders told the NCAA the meeting had nothing to do with their decision to play for the Hurricanes, the AP reported. "

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize that Maryland was still leaking players in droves. But if they are, Brenda seems to do a pretty good job of bringing replacements in.
Unlike last year, the Terps didn’t lose any of their top players to the portal, only seldom used bench players. They return Sellers, Alexander, Briggs, and Masonius. I’m sure if Abby Meyers still had eligibility she would’ve returned too.

Reaction Score
She won't be in there long. An automatic double-double machine. No doubt there are a lot of coaches that would love to add her to their roster for next year. I'd like to know "the rest of the story." (Paul Harvey) Why is she leaving DePaul? She was a starter and the face of the program, so it can't be for lack of playing time or recognition.
Not to mention that Aneesah's older sister was on the DePaul roster on
their webpage. Two educations for the price of one player??
Best of luck to Aneesah and to Coach Bruno!!! Go Huskies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom