Aneesah Morrow | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Morrow would be a good fit in lots of places, just not here.
Why wouldn't she be a good fit here ?? I can't understand some of you people on this board. If we could get a better player for a certain position we should. If we have a player already in that position she better work hard and improve you don't pass on good players, not if you want to win a national title.

Reaction Score
I think Morrow could replace Boston on the offensive end but not as a defender. She was the backboard of SC defense. There is nothing in the portal that will replace that.
It is never easy to replace the best player in the country.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain why Geno's relationship with Bruno would have anything to do the recruiting Morrow, if it happens? One should have nothing to do with the other. That makes zero sense to me!
We are stretching the imagination, but I think we assume Morrow respects coach Bruno and might solicit his opinion ( unless that sort of thing is not allowed.). In that connection, due to the long term friendship between Bruno and Geno, one would expect some positive words. That's all.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Geno would do it just based on his relationship with Doug Bruno.
Disagree. Bruno would know that Geno was never undermining him or blatantly trying to recruit her. That would violate all NCAA rules anyway, and UCONN is not about to do that. It is what it is. A talent like Morrow wants a shot at the crown, and she has seen it won't happen where she is. Unless; there may be an entirely different motivation that none of us have a clue about.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't she be a good fit here ?? I can't understand some of you people on this board. If we could get a better player for a certain position we should. If we have a player already in that position she better work hard and improve you don't pass on good players, not if you want to win a national title.

It's already been mentioned earlier in the thread. You don't have to believe us, just don't be surprised when she transfers to somewhere other than here.

Reaction Score
Whoa, leaving Maryland in droves, trying to get away from Freese? I guess Abby Meyers,BrinaeAlexander( all Sec at Vandy)and Lavender Briggs from Fla. didn't hear about that, and transferred to Maryland. And Diamond Miller(2nd choice in WNBA draft perhaps, and played all her years at Maryland), Shyanne
Sellers( 6th player of the year in Big Ten as a frosh), and Faith Masonius stayed around, on a team that hammered Arizona and Notre Dame in the tourney, and gave SC a pretty good game. Oh, and there was that win over UConn. Yes Angel Reese left, because Mulkey said she would free her up,, beyond center duties, and so did Owusu, but she is back in the portal again.
Speaking of “bailing out”, Arizona has 6 players in the portal! This, after losing a huge number last year as well, though some, if not most of last year’s exodus was reportedly at Barnes’s instigation. Nevertheless, despite the great incoming class for this year, it is somewhat alarming to see so many players leaving in consecutive years!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lister went dark after she left UConn and stayed there. Has she surfaced anywhere yet? :eek: Does anyone have any information or idea where she is now?

Jas posts on IG occasionally. I don’t know where she is or what she is doing, but she has had some nice trips to national parks and seems very happy with her girlfriend.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Morrow is a great player, but Uconn has a 14 player roster with six bigs already ... do we really want to throw a wrench into it by bringing another player on board that is likely to mess with our current freshmen and sophomores development? Maybe we do, but ...

Reaction Score
Sedona Prince just re-entered the portal.
I saw Sedona in the portal last night..... I thought she said earlier that she was
WNBA bound. One more year to prove that her health is back to normal??
Now that is HEIGHT!

Reaction Score
Speaking of “bailing out”, Arizona has 6 players in the portal! This, after losing a huge number last year as well, though some, if not most of last year’s exodus was reportedly at Barnes’s instigation. Nevertheless, despite the great incoming class for this year, it is somewhat alarming to see so many players leaving in consecutive years!
Also... Indiana with 4, Iowa State with 4, Michigan with 4, North Carolina State with 4, and
as noted above: Oregon with 3 ( including the recently added Sedona Prince)!
This year will again be the "Year of the great deck shuffling"!!! It shows the
folly of any current "Pre Season WBB Ranking".

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, do we know if any of the coaches are following Morrow (usually Morgan) on any of the social media apps or if any of our players are linked to Morrow on said social apps since the announcement? That is a telltale sign of strong interest. Without any of that, color me dubious on reports of interest.

Reaction Score
Geno isn't poaching. If she wants to transfer to UConn, then I would assume Doug would support it. Of course, there has to be mutual interest. But I don't get why Geno wouldn't consider it because of his loyalty to Doug?? That makes no sense to me and serves the best interest of no one.

Reaction Score
There is still a roster place, to get Morrow would for sure enforce the forward position, and would not let another contender team get her
Paige / Azzi / Nika / Aaliyah / Anneessa would be a nice strating line up IMO

Reaction Score
So, do we know if any of the coaches are following Morrow (usually Morgan) on any of the social media apps or if any of our players are linked to Morrow on said social apps since the announcement? That is a telltale sign of strong interest. Without any of that, color me dubious on reports of interest.
TN, SC, MD, ND, IA, Baylor, TX, LSU, AK, Ole Miss, FL... That's what I saw yesterday. Probably more today. She is very well sought after. I know she went to DePaul to stay close to home, but not sure if she is intent on that any longer. She would be a great fit at MD, in my opinion. ND probably has a good shot also.

Reaction Score
The perrennial UCONN question... Will Amari make the " leap ",?? I think yes.. but a small
leap this year, but a good one, and some additional polishing in her senior year. That does
not answer the Aneesah Morrow question, but it is part of the equation. ( the unknown " x"
= as they say in H.S. " solve for the unknown. X "

Simple answer: No. Not next year, not ever.

Reaction Score
There is still a roster place, to get Morrow would for sure enforce the forward position, and would not let another contender team get her
Paige / Azzi / Nika / Aaliyah / Anneessa would be a nice strating line up IMO
And what do we do with Patterson, DeBerry, ElAlfy? Too many programs portaling in kids over their recruited players. It creates a whole bunch of "extra" between teammates.

Reaction Score
I don’t really see it, Morrow fitting in with the team. That’s the main reason Geno would pass, I suspect. But if she were to come, I’d think she’d be useful as a way of shoring up the posts who played next to her: Jana Ice Amari. Their inexperience would get some cover next to someone as active as her. Sure, start her next Aaliyah, but the sub pattern would make lots of other combos possible.

Here’s why she wouldn’t come: she’s not likely to get more than 20 mins/g. Would she accept that even if it meant a shot at an NC? Somehow I doubt it.

On the other hand, what an example she’d set for Ayanna!

Reaction Score
Why are folks saying she wants money and fame? Did she say or hint at that? Maybe she just wants to play on a more competitive team. Very few of these players are making 'retirement' money.
What's the problem ... don't we all.

The pursuit of financial stability is both universal and laudatory.

Reaction Score
As she is departing from DePaul, I think Doug Bruno who is good friend with Geno would tell her to choose the Huskies above anyone else.
I hope the Huskies are after her and that she will choose to join.
Whereether she goes, that team wil get an AA

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I wanted some height to replace Dorka, but she’s a proven paint beast and that’s an area that UConn could benefit from having.
She's shorter than Caroline. There is a Caroline connection, she gave Caroline one of her first elbows to the head.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
We are stretching the imagination, but I think we assume Morrow respects coach Bruno and might solicit his opinion ( unless that sort of thing is not allowed.). In that connection, due to the long term friendship between Bruno and Geno, one would expect some positive words. That's all.
At a UConn game she walked past Bruno when he was trying to talk to her. Respect?

Reaction Score
What's the problem ... don't we all.

The pursuit of financial stability is both universal and laudatory.
Who said she isn't already stable? Been around the world in my travels. Stability for many people doesn't equate to finances. I was shocked by the discovery, but forever encouraged,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom