Aneesah Morrow | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The bolded areas are a little confusing as to the timeline. The first is correct. Bruno did hire Lister at DePaul in June 2017 with Auriemma's recommendation, but not from UConn. She left UConn in July 2016 and went to UWashington where she left after less than a year in June 2017 to go to DePaul. For the second bolded, when Moseley left UConn in April 2018 for BU, Auriemma didn't replace her with Lister because Lister had already left UConn in 2016. As for Morrow, I agree with you that she's not a fit for UConn.

Jasmine Lister - WOMEN'S BASKETBALL Coach - DePaul University Athletics
Lister left UCONN as an assistant coach in January 2020

Reaction Score
Is there a sitout year for within league transfers?

I can suggest a big who should transfer to open up a slot.
Maybe the one I am thinking of could play for Bruno.

Reaction Score
Morrow is a great player, but Uconn has a 14 player roster with six bigs already ... do we really want to throw a wrench into it by bringing another player on board that is likely to mess with our current freshmen and sophomores development? Maybe we do, but ...
If she'd bought into the team offense, was willing to listen to Geno and play inside where she belongs, I'd take her in a heartbeat.....she's an automatic double-double on UConn

Reaction Score
Unless Geno gets flack from already on roster F/C's how can he turn down a chance to get a really good, possible AA player?
But if Doug Bruno says she has an attitude problem which Geno and staff doesn't need!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing having Morrow to pair up front with AE just might make a 3 guard offense that much more of a viable option.....just my .02.

Reaction Score
What we can be sure of :
1 . Aneessa is an AA kind of player
2. UCONN should be interrested
3. Doug will tell Geno all he has to know

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm guessing having Morrow to pair up front with AE just might make a 3 guard offense that much more of a viable option.....just my .02.
We don't need Morrow to make a 3 guard offense as long as we have Aubrey, Ice, Ayanna and Jana in the mix. Personally, I see Nika, Paige, Azzi and Aaliyah as the starters...but this is for a later thread(s). :)

Reaction Score
She's shorter than Caroline. There is a Caroline connection, she gave Caroline one of her first elbows to the head.
OUCH! that rings a bell somewhere in my noggin! Apologies to Caroline!

Reaction Score
So, do we know if any of the coaches are following Morrow (usually Morgan) on any of the social media apps or if any of our players are linked to Morrow on said social apps since the announcement? That is a telltale sign of strong interest. Without any of that, color me dubious on reports of interest.
South Carolina, Baylor, LSU, Tennessee, Kansas St, and Mississippi coaches among others.......didn't see UConn but I only took a quick look....

Reaction Score
We don't need Morrow to make a 3 guard offense as long as we have Aubrey, Ice, Ayanna and Jana in the mix. Personally, I see Nika, Paige, Azzi and Aaliyah as the starters...but this is for a later thread(s). :)
Me too! That should be the presumptive starting point for best starting lineup, with or without Morrow or Prince. Until proven otherwise I think we are far more likely to start 2 bigs than 4 guards. I think short of a major portal transfer, either Ice or Jana will start at the 5, but even if they are not yet ready, Aaliyah at the 5 and Aubrey at the 4 would be a good combination.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
South Carolina, Baylor, LSU, Tennessee, Kansas St, and Mississippi coaches among others.......didn't see UConn but I only took a quick look....
Again.............. she's not a fit EVERYWHERE, but she's a fit SOMEWHERE. She will find her new home and soon.

Reaction Score
I can see Morrow as attractive to South Carolina - and vice versa

Reaction Score
I can see Morrow as attractive to South Carolina - and vice versa
Me too. She can definitely be for Cardozo what Saxton was for Boston, a really active strong partner in the paint. And she packs a much bigger offensive wallop than anyone currently on SC’s roster.

This is also the reason why she probably won’t fit in at LSU. Reese could benefit from having her as a partner, but I doubt she wants the competition.

Reaction Score
At a UConn game she walked past Bruno when he was trying to talk to her. Respect?
So you know that she disrespects him? Or are you citing one moment out of several months interaction, when it appeared she didn't wish to communicate with him?

Reaction Score
Morrow is a great player, but Uconn has a 14 player roster with six bigs already ... do we really want to throw a wrench into it by bringing another player on board that is likely to mess with our current freshmen and sophomores development? Maybe we do, but ...
I think we have to define BIG. To me, it is not simply person 6' or taller ( Caroline? Pattrerson?). It is a person whose "natural" position is the post. Typically, an individual will be 6'3" or larger in the women's game. So Edwards , Ice, Jana and Amari all qualify. I don't see Patterson and Caroline as players inclined to those spots. I see them more as wings. But so what? Morrow is a special talent whatever her size, and her talent would be another weapon in UCONN's arsenal. Who, for example, is likely to contribute more in any given game; Morrow or Patterson or DeBerry? But I think you are likely right. That she is not an ideal fit at UCONN. My only argument to the contrary is; We don't know how Ice will perform, in her first year, post surgery; and Jana is more unknown than that. So, we have Edwards and two question marks ( assuming that DeBerry doesn't come back to Storrs as a new version of Tina Charles ). Morrow is not a question mark as a player in the post. She is an extraordinary player. As an aside, I don't see how her presence would impact the playing time of either of the two guards, or the one wing, who arrive next season as freshmen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, do we know if any of the coaches are following Morrow (usually Morgan) on any of the social media apps or if any of our players are linked to Morrow on said social apps since the announcement? That is a telltale sign of strong interest. Without any of that, color me dubious on reports of interest.
Aneesa isn’t following UConn or any UConn players. There are several current and former LSU players, though

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think we have to define BIG. To me, it is not simply person 6' or taller ( Caroline? Pattrerson?). It is a person whose "natural" position is the post. Typically, an individual will be 6'3" or larger in the women's game. So Edwards , Ice, Jana and Amari all qualify. I don't see Patterson and Caroline as players inclined to those spots. I see them more as wings. But so what? Morrow is a special talent whatever her size, and her talent would be another weapon in UCONN's arsenal. Who, for example, is likely to contribute more in any given game; Morrow or Patterson or DeBerry? But I think you are likely right. That she is not an ideal fit at UCONN. My only argument to the contrary is; We don't know how Ice will perform, in her first year, post surgery; and Jana is more unknown than that. So, we have Edwards and two question marks ( assuming that DeBerry doesn't come back to Storrs as a new version of Tina Charles ). Morrow is not a question mark as a player in the post. She is an extraordinary player. As an aside, I don't see how her presence would impact the playing time of either of the two guards, or the one wing, who arrive next season as freshmen.
I think the jury is out (as it should be on a single year player) whether Patterson is a wing or a 'big' - she doesn't shoot from anywhere beyond 10' and is to date a rebounder and paint player offensively. Caroline is certainly a wing, and Aubrey is trying to develop her outside shot to expand her game out of the paint.

I think DeBerry is the Dorka replacement in the lineup in terms of size and general deployment. And while we fans do not know about Ice and Jana, I am pretty sure the coaches have a pretty good handle on them. Geno made his comments about next year being the strongest team since 2016 before Prince or Morrow, or any notable Bigs were in the portal, so he seems pretty confident with the current lineup.

Every fans likes a stacked roster, but sometimes less is more - adding any player is going to have an impact on the team, but chemistry can be fragile. Taking a player used to 35 minutes and 24 shot attempts per game and playing them 25 minute and limiting their shots to 15/game may not make for a happy camper. And playing them 35 min and allowing the 24 shots may not make for a happy roster. That is a discussion Geno is going to need to have with any portal player. Lou is a perfect example based on the recent articles - he told her she wouldn't start and she wasn't going to get a lot of minutes, but if she was OK with that then he wanted her on the team - turned out he was wrong as injures started before the end of summer, but not everyone in the portal is going to jump at 'reduced role' just to play at Uconn.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
but not everyone in the portal is going to jump at 'reduced role' just to play at Uconn.
I think any player in the portal that expects to improve their play to get to the WNBA knows that only a few coaches can help get them there, with Geno being an almost sure thing. Just show them how Lou and Dorka did.

Reaction Score
Is there room enough on LSU for both Reese and Morrow?;)
Of course. When you have a great coach and a willing kid, you can make anything work. Geno could as well. But what about Morrow? What is her nature? What is her goal? The most interesting aspect in all of this is that UCONN really isn't looking. Last year, they
were ( due to injuries). So we don't need to scheme or grovel. We just need to see which kids, if any, are interested.

Reaction Score
I think the jury is out (as it should be on a single year player) whether Patterson is a wing or a 'big' - she doesn't shoot from anywhere beyond 10' and is to date a rebounder and paint player offensively. Caroline is certainly a wing, and Aubrey is trying to develop her outside shot to expand her game out of the paint.

I think DeBerry is the Dorka replacement in the lineup in terms of size and general deployment. And while we fans do not know about Ice and Jana, I am pretty sure the coaches have a pretty good handle on them. Geno made his comments about next year being the strongest team since 2016 before Prince or Morrow, or any notable Bigs were in the portal, so he seems pretty confident with the current lineup.

Every fans likes a stacked roster, but sometimes less is more - adding any player is going to have an impact on the team, but chemistry can be fragile. Taking a player used to 35 minutes and 24 shot attempts per game and playing them 25 minute and limiting their shots to 15/game may not make for a happy camper. And playing them 35 min and allowing the 24 shots may not make for a happy roster. That is a discussion Geno is going to need to have with any portal player. Lou is a perfect example based on the recent articles - he told her she wouldn't start and she wasn't going to get a lot of minutes, but if she was OK with that then he wanted her on the team - turned out he was wrong as injures started before the end of summer, but not everyone in the portal is going to jump at 'reduced role' just to play at Uconn.
there are no similarities between Dorka and anyone currently on the roster except in one case height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom