Aneesah Morrow | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
there are no similarities between Dorka and anyone currently on the roster except in one case height.
Actually ... given that we are comparing a fifth year player to a second year player, and one getting 33 minutes a game to one getting 8 minutes per game their are similarities: Dorka was a better 2 point shooter while DeBerry was better from three, Dorka a much better defensive rebounder while DeBerry they were the same as offensive rebounders. They both played outside in most of the time.

Dorka was definitely the better player, but you would expect that consistency from a player getting those sorts of minutes, and you would expect inconsistency from a player who was getting a few minutes here and there. And you would also expect that from a player in her 5th year vs a player still learning in her second year. If you want an example of a player being recruited over by a transfer, DeBerry is an example.

Reaction Score
There is a little doubt that Morrow is a great player and will make a difference for any team in the country. That said, i was more excited about Morrow after her first season then last season. Last season she was a ball hog with little interest in defense. UConn does need that Morrow. If Morrow (which i don't believe) is willing to accept being the 3rd-4th option on offense and work hard on defense. then UConn should look at her hard. I would think SC or LSU will be her first choices...

Reaction Score
There is a little doubt that Morrow is a great player and will make a difference for any team in the country. That said, i was more excited about Morrow after her first season then last season. Last season she was a ball hog with little interest in defense. UConn does need that Morrow. If Morrow (which i don't believe) is willing to accept being the 3rd-4th option on offense and work hard on defense. then UConn should look at her hard. I would think SC or LSU will be her first choices...
Don't agree about SC, if your assessment of her lack of interest in playing D is accurate. Dawn makes kids compete for playing time too, and judging from how good her teams are at defense, I imagine showing defensive intensity in practice is required. Maybe it's different at LSU and the other portal patchwork teams, but I'm dubious. Kim's lineup evolved over the season, which suggests she's assessing and judging these things very carefully.

Reaction Score
Actually ... given that we are comparing a fifth year player to a second year player, and one getting 33 minutes a game to one getting 8 minutes per game their are similarities: Dorka was a better 2 point shooter while DeBerry was better from three, Dorka a much better defensive rebounder while DeBerry they were the same as offensive rebounders. They both played outside in most of the time.

Dorka was definitely the better player, but you would expect that consistency from a player getting those sorts of minutes, and you would expect inconsistency from a player who was getting a few minutes here and there. And you would also expect that from a player in her 5th year vs a player still learning in her second year. If you want an example of a player being recruited over by a transfer, DeBerry is an example.
I hate to say it but I think your optimism for DeBerry will prove to be in vain. She is by all regards a great kid and teammate but she has been the last player off the bench for two years now. I think we can right her up as a career reserve at UConn. I just don't see a jump in PT coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom