Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of the old BE days....a Saturday game and then "Big Monday". Do it!!!
God I miss “espns big Monday’s” with the big East. Was such a great way to make Mondays not seem so bad. Now we are “ducking” Richmond ? LOL LOL LOL. Let’s play it - need to make up for the vandy game - don’t need seven days to prepare for StJohns.

Reaction Score
God I miss “espns big Monday’s” with the big East. Was such a great way to make Mondays not seem so bad

I'll never forget one "Big Monday" in the early 90's, for some reason, our game at the HCC vs Georgetown was the 9PM game rather than the standard 7PM. The crowd was extra boisterous for that one. It seems all there was to do for that extra time downtown was drink. LOL .... Good times.

Reaction Score
Hardly enough time to get a rivalry trophy made up.

(I kid, I kid)

The NCAA can start giving away t-shirts

old96er_main2__51886.1490227189.1280.1280.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I don't even know if its worth being pumped for this game anytime before Monday at 2 PM just because it could not happen at any second.

Reaction Score
If we gained anything from this pandemic is the idea of having schools show up to a spot between semesters and just play games. I know it will never happen because teams want home games when fans are allowed, but we have seen some cool match ups this way.

Reaction Score
Not quite the Allen years but very impressive recall nonetheless, getting the combined point total to within 4 points.

View attachment 62032
Yeah a bit weird how i remembered that. I just remember us being really good and usually beating non power conf teams easily, and this game was a “only” 20. Some scores just stick for various reasons. Some good, some bad. 88-71 loss to bonnies, 88-59 at Kansas when we were in line to be #1.

Reaction Score
Really hope this happens. Itll be the biggest test for our backcourt. Jacob Gilyard couldve been #1 on the all time steals list (by the end of this season), or at least pretty close if the postseason was played last year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My most notable memory of Richmond basketball is when they beat #2 seeded Syracuse as a 15 seed in the '91 NCAA tourney. First time that had ever happened.
Oh how I enjoyed that day

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Yeah a bit weird how i remembered that. I just remember us being really good and usually beating non power conf teams easily, and this game was a “only” 20. Some scores just stick for various reasons. Some good, some bad. 88-71 loss to bonnies, 88-59 at Kansas when we were in line to be #1.
i'm probably way off, but was that when both our men's and women's programs played the same opposing school on the same day, and the women won handily but the men got smoked? that may have been a totally different thing (I don't think it was TN). but it sucked also.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
i'm probably way off, but was that when both our men's and women's programs played the same opposing school on the same day, and the women won handily but the men got smoked? that may have been a totally different thing (I don't think it was TN). but it sucked also.

Nope you are right. That was the day, and Kansas ran us out of gym

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Richmond alum here and UConn fan for life. Go huskies!

Same here! Been wanting to see this matchup for years, glad we got this Spiders team, should be a good test.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Go to Richmond law right now and a lot of buzz around the school/program. Building a whole new huge locker room right now next to the law school. Hope this game happens so the huskies can run through them

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
nope. Seems like teams are just scheduling games when they can find an opponent. Look at Nova, they just live at Mohegan and play whoever shows up lol

Difference between them and us right now is lower ranked teams are lining up to play Nova in hopes of a huge win to beef up their tournament resume.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Go to Richmond law right now and a lot of buzz around the school/program. Building a whole new huge locker room right now next to the law school. Hope this game happens so the huskies can run through them

It feels like you’ve been in law school forever. Tell me you’re a 3L at least.

As for this game, is it now more likely with NC State game canceled? No quick turnaround to worry about now. And we need a game more.

Reaction Score
My most notable memory of Richmond basketball is when they beat #2 seeded Syracuse as a 15 seed in the '91 NCAA tourney. First time that had ever happened.
w/ Billy Owens, Mike Hopkins, Adrian Autry - JB the coach that does the least with the most. they did beat us 2x by 2 in '91.

C

Chief00

What is going on. DH specifically said he was looking for a game Monday???
This year you find games when you can - high degree of difficulty - stars have to be aligned to pull off a simple game.

Last edited by a moderator:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We should be scheduling any game we can get, because we will actually play about 50% of the games we schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom