Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
nope. Seems like teams are just scheduling games when they can find an opponent. Look at Nova, they just live at Mohegan and play whoever shows up lol
I think Nova has left the Bubbleville. I saw an interview with him and he talked about the mental toll of quarantines on the kids

Reaction Score
Hurley was on a conference call with the Horde two days ago and flat out said the team was looking for a "good opponent" for Monday the 7th. So if it was Danny that pumped the breaks on this, I wonder what changed?
Something seems off here. This isn’t consistent with what DH has been saying. Why would Katz report this? Clearly the two coaches spoke and agreed on it, but something must have changed. We will hopefully find out soon.

Reaction Score
Well they cancelled Wednesday and the upcoming game tomorrow because of COVID results/tracing. They are currently paused on all basketball operations so I doubt they can set it in stone under the circumstances.

And I don't want the team I root for playing any team that is just now coming off a Covid pause. When this happened in Europe for soccer, the testing hadn't caught all the cases on a team, ended up spreading it to another team that spread it to another.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Which is why the title of this thread should change.
“Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday” sounds pretty set in stone to me, which it evidently is not, given what was actually tweeted.
So, from this point, going forward all thread titles in regards to games must end with a ????

Reaction Score
Maybe we ducked them. Tough game and we haven’t had much practice time. They’d probably kill us at this point in the season. I can’t think of a worse matchup for a disorganized and inexperienced group of players, many of whom are new to the team.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm barely paying attention to the sports world. Are new games being added weekly/daily? If yes, that's kinda cool.
Hardly enough time to get a rivalry trophy made up.

(I kid, I kid)

Reaction Score
Richmond is definitely a top 25 team and a senior laden team. This would a be tough match up but a great win if we pull it off

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still want to play Rutgers. Syracuse has 5 players out with COVID and is lined up to play Rutgers 12/8. I'd imagine the games doubtful to be played.
That would be a tough game too. RU was a solid team last year.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
We advertised looking for a game on Monday so don't get that part of the Borges tweet

Of course, that tweet will now live on in infamy. Nevermind that it's nonsense.

Reaction Score
Interesting...Have we ever played Richmond before?
Yes

53AD7F50-BF91-49DB-81EE-CE05D7C9CB3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe we ducked them. Tough game and we haven’t had much practice time. They’d probably kill us at this point in the season. I can’t think of a worse matchup for a disorganized and experienced group of players, many of whom are new to the team.
I don’t think you’re giving us enough credit. I don’t think they “kill” is. And Bouk might be the best player on the floor. We’d just need to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom