Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting...Have we ever played Richmond before?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was this always on the schedule? I confess I can't keep track of this stuff anymore.

Reaction Score
I'm barely paying attention to the sports world. Are new games being added weekly/daily? If yes, that's kinda cool.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Teams are playing this really fluidly and so it's almost like pick up games at the Bubble - It's actually pretty cool idea and an amazing opportunity for those teams that are there! Like a giant basketball camp!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Headline is deceiving- sounds like it’s not set in stone.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Maybe with their Covid week layoff, the timing to play them is beneficial for UConn.

Reaction Score
Headline is deceiving- sounds like it’s not set in stone.

Well they cancelled Wednesday and the upcoming game tomorrow because of COVID results/tracing. They are currently paused on all basketball operations so I doubt they can set it in stone under the circumstances.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well they cancelled Wednesday and the upcoming game tomorrow because of COVID results/tracing. They are currently paused on all basketball operations so I doubt they can set it in stone under the circumstances.
Exactly. Which is why the title of this thread should change.
“Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday” sounds pretty set in stone to me, which it evidently is not, given what was actually tweeted.

Reaction Score
I coached against Gilyard when he was in high school. Kid is a player. Would be a big test.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Exactly. Which is why the title of this thread should change.
“Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday” sounds pretty set in stone to me, which it evidently is not, given what was actually tweeted.
There is absolutely nothing set in stone about this season. Nothing. Except, when a game is Canceled. That's usually set in stone.

Reaction Score
Love, love, love this.

Excellent challenge for our defense to matchup against their savvy, veteran offense that is known for its very good shot selection, ball movement and possession security. Grant Golden is a skilled big and the offense moves through him so great opportunity for Whaley to work his defensive magic.

Plus, they have one of the best defensive backcourts in the country. Good opportunity to pound the basket and provide space for Bouknight and our stronger drivers to bucket get.

Very solid non-conference opponent. Good for Hurley and the Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I would actually really like if we could play them. I think we need another game before St. John’s, and let’s face it we shouldn’t need an extraordinary amount of preparation for St John’s (6 days really?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom