Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: UConn-Richmond Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I'll never forget one "Big Monday" in the early 90's, for some reason, our game at the HCC vs Georgetown was the 9PM game rather than the standard 7PM. The crowd was extra boisterous for that one. It seems all there was to do for that extra time downtown was drink. LOL .... Good times.
I have the exact opposite memory of a big Monday game. 1989, stuck in Salt Lake City before they had real bars, trying to find some place with it on the tube. Ended up drinking 3.2 beer and getting almost no buzz with a bar tender and 3 old dudes as company.

Reaction Score
Let’s wear the gray unis on Monday if we have a game

Reaction Score
so where's the BE bubble going to be?
If there is I hear Mohegan is option 1. More likely would be a pod situation where half league would go to Mohegan and half would go to Omaha

Reaction Score
We should be scheduling any game we can get, because we will actually play about 50% of the games we schedule.
Sadly I think this is true. Unlike any other year, the schedule this year is almost always dynamic and not static.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
This is so nuts. Having not paid attention all day, I turned on Gonzaga vs. Baylor only to see UVA vs. Texas Tech.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Agreed. Get going on this bubble ASAP.

Stick all 20 teams somewhere. Set up remote learning.
Quarantine. Test. Quarantine. Test. Quarantine. For a couple weeks.

Then let's get this show on the road. 20 games for each BE team in 2 months.

Not worth continuing the way it is set up right now.

Reaction Score
Didn’t the big East already come out and say a bubble wasn’t financially feasible??? Or something similar?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is so nuts. Having not paid attention all day, I turned on Gonzaga vs. Baylor only to see UVA vs. Texas Tech.

Just watching this.

That Moretti play woth a minute left.

That’s why you don’t “let them play through”

Call the obvious foul.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have the exact opposite memory of a big Monday game. 1989, stuck in Salt Lake City before they had real bars, trying to find some place with it on the tube. Ended up drinking 3.2 beer and getting almost no buzz with a bar tender and 3 old dudes as company.
"Making memories" nonetheless.

C

Chief00

Chief thinks you need enough of teams and flexibility at one location so you can swap out/in teams at short notice.

Reaction Score
Playing gets redefined by the hour.
FTFY

1607200292478.png

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What’re the problems with quarantining the positive, re-testing everyone else, and if all is well, playing? That seems to be the strategy elsewhere.
as I understand it, the working theory is that some who came into contact with the infected party can be carrying, and spreading, the virus without coming down with it themselves.

C

Chief00

The other issue is incubation period (3-5 days usually) between exposure and testing positive. There are various windows and the goal should be risk reduction not an attempt at risk elimination. To do that the necessary actions are even more draconian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom