Andy Katz: "The American has to thank UConn on a daily basis." | The Boneyard

Andy Katz: "The American has to thank UConn on a daily basis."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From their weekly chat, usually Wooden Award focused:

"The American has to thank UConn on a daily basis. Louisville is gone and the Huskies will be the anchor. Memphis will have its moments but the Huskies have to be the established program in the league (Cincinnati too). UConn's brand name carries significant weight."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/91060/join-us-for-college-hoops-live-3

Quote is on page 5.

Also some love for Shabazz on Page 7 or wherever it started.

Reaction Score
And our burden continues. Not new territory for our school.

It started in the BE, when we carried the conference. Remember how conference foes marveled at how we beat the teams they couldn't or the teams they wanted us to beat because those teams were so highly ranked.

For example:

We are UConn dammit!!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

It started in the BE, when we carried the conference. Remember how conference foes marveled at how we beat the teams they couldn't or the teams they wanted us to beat because those teams were so highly ranked.

For example:

We are UConn dammit!!

Ater looked really good in those highlights.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Still hate how we stormed the court, even if TX was #1 at the time. Act like a 2-time (at the time) National Champion

Reaction Score

For example:

you must be really young, unlike me, in the early years of the Big East they almost through us out of the conference.

We are UConn dammit!!

Reaction Score
"The American has to thank UConn on a daily basis."

people-praying-barna-2659.jpg

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
How many read the topic and thought 'What the hell is the 'American'?'

Had to click the thread to figure it out....

Reaction Score

For example:

We are UConn dammit!!

Oh so many memories. I was in Vegas watching this at the Sports Book in Ballys.There were a bunch of Texas fans there as well. Very sweet!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
jleves said:
How many read the topic and thought 'What the hell is the 'American'?' Had to click the thread to figure it out....

I just assumed it to mean the American person in general, which also would be an accurate statement.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've been waiting on Cincy since they joined the conference. Solid program, but that's it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have nothing against Cincinnati.

When you're at the conference tournament and you're looking around in dismay at the mid-major s---storm present there, you'll make eye contact with a Cincy fan and you'll both nod in sympathy.

Reaction Score
Ugh, every once in a while I remember that next year Louisville will be gone and we'll get Tulsa, Tulane, and East Carolina in return.

And then I start writhing and vomiting.

Reaction Score
Ugh, every once in a while I remember that next year Louisville will be gone and we'll get Tulsa, Tulane, and East Carolina in return.

And then I start writhing and vomiting.

Don't forget the rutgirls are also leaving, so at least some addition by subtraction.

Reaction Score
Ater looked really good in those highlights.

Agree that's what I see in those highlights.......along with how good Stanley could be sometime, Majok could have been pretty damn good too if he stayed and learned!

Reaction Score
We are the bread in our sandwich of a conference.

Doomed!!!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How many read the topic and thought 'What the hell is the 'American'?'

Had to click the thread to figure it out....
I have not heard one fan call UConn's current Conference "The American." You can't call it one thing and expect to immediately assign a nickname. It is the "AAC." Not one of the speakers at the Meeting of the Media called the Conference "The American" in conformity with Aresoco's wishes. It was either the "AAC" or "American Conference." Deal with it.

Reaction Score
Still hate how we stormed the court, even if TX was #1 at the time. Act like a 2-time (at the time) National Champion

It's easy for us to say 'we wouldn't have stormed the court', 'we're better than that', blah blah blah. You guys forget that most students are there for only four years (OK, 5-6) and the chances to do that are rare especially given the fascist way security is and has always been run at Gampel.

Maybe if UConn did the right thing and put the students with energy around at least half the court (Duke, Michigan State) and kicked the suits/old guys up to the second level the the high bar for court-storming makes senes. But, frankly, if UConn beats Louisville in the same manner as the Huskies beat Florida, I say go for it.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It was almost impossible to storm the court when I was in school (95-99) without being charged for Breach of Peace or something. During the Final TV timeout, the little people in Yellow SECURITY Jackets started to line the Student section, no matter who the opponent was. It seemed like there was one every four feet.

Reaction Score
Could be like ISU and storm the court after beating 23rd ranked Iowa when you're 17th. I hope their mascot was okay after ;-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom