Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chief told him he would have to back it up, but at this point if it gives him some swagger, it is what it is.
Chief posted the AJax NIL thing for a reason. Notice how they left after that. If you don’t get paid, you go to coach and say where is my money? Coach responds AJax is a starter - So what do you do if you aren’t - work harder in practice blah, blah or be perceived to be a starter somewhere else and get some NIL.

Read that Clemson article and the Catholic School Coach proto-type thing that I posted and the pieces of the puzzle start to fit.

And one more thing, going back to their mutual RI days, Cooley and Hurley don’t like each other. So yes this rivalary is simmering!

Reaction Score
Like I said AJacks for sure mocking the hell out of Akok and Floyd.

The fact that Akok responded so quickly is proof of that.

If it was good natured in reality this would have been posted when they were still teammates at UCONN not when they transferred out.

Also important to note that AJacks first story was him next to Napier: in the presence of greatness. He contrasted that with blowing by Floyd and dunking on Akok to highlight the difference between them.

Funny stuff by AJacks
I’m not entirely sure it’s good natured…hard to read into it too much
I hope so. If Andre meant it the way some here think then that's a low class move. Akok's response was appropriate. Hopefully it's in good nature, if not Hurley had a bigger problem on his hands than we knew.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Could be a sincere post in that he’ll miss being around and playing with Akok and Floyd…

… but then again, why not just post a picture of dabbing up or chillin with those two? Why post a blow by and poster dunk??

I can see it both ways - it can be just bustin' your boys' chops! Like "man I'll miss playing with you guys (dunking on your heads!) wink wink"

It can also be a bit of shade like "I thought we were in it together but oh well, all good, I'll miss you boys" but nothing too serious overall.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Abandoned? They transferred, at the end of the season at that. Good God

But you're saying he shouldn't post this of "his teammates" all the retort is to that is "they are not teammates, they jumped ship."

What about what he said is wrong? I'm not sure why you have a huge issue with it, as a fan of the team and player. I like that he has pride and confidence and wants his boys to be with him 100%.

Reaction Score
My memory on The Wire is hazy - what’s Diggins getting at here?

EDIT: not my best day today lol been informed this isn’t The Wire.

2F3E03A1-7C70-49D9-8E0C-2F5842B16414.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How can anyone be upset about a guy that wants to be a part of the program and bleeds it like AJax does waving bye to two guys leaving the program is beyond me.

Everyone (players, coaches, fans) wants guys in the program that want to be at UConn, compete and win and if you don't the portal is there, but don't expect admiration or love when you leave for another place.

Reaction Score
The one guy, that not even Chief knows, which side of the fence he is sitting on with certainty, is Adama Sanogo.
I hope those Gatorade rumors are true.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
My memory on The Wire is hazy - what’s Diggins getting at here?
View attachment 75603
It’s from Above The Rim. His character was one of the “bad guys” and in this scene he tries to kill the star player after a game.

Emotions are running high. I love Andre and think this is funny as Hell but it’s probably best for all parties to move on, at least publicly. If we run into these guys again, I hope he dunks a crater into the court.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Chief told him he would have to back it up, but at this point if it gives him some swagger, it is what it is.
Chief posted the AJax NIL thing for a reason. Notice how they left after that. If you don’t get paid, you go to coach and say where is my money? Coach responds AJax is a starter - So what do you do if you aren’t - work harder in practice blah, blah or be perceived to be a starter somewhere else and get some NIL.

Read that Clemson article and the Catholic School Coach proto-type thing that I posted and the pieces of the puzzle start to fit.

And one more thing, going back to their mutual RI days, Cooley and Hurley don’t like each other. So yes this rivalary is simmering!

lmao come on man

Reaction Score
Now I’m starting to wonder if Jackson isn’t the reason so many are leaving.
How do you limit which members view your profile? I just clicked on yours to see your sordid posting history, but, alas, it’s off limits.

Reaction Score
But you're saying he shouldn't post this of "his teammates" all the retort is to that is "they are not teammates, they jumped ship."

What about what he said is wrong? I'm not sure why you have a huge issue with it, as a fan of the team and player. I like that he has pride and confidence and wants his boys to be with him 100%.
I didn’t say anything he said was wrong. I said it’s a corny look. They were his teammates and if them transferring “caused” this rift I’m inclined to believe that the “culture” was always shaky. It’s not helping us in anyway to have ex-teammates going back and forth on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom