Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
seems like more than a few here agree that it's a diss. me too.
low rent. and now that he's put me in a foul mood for this nonsense,
1. ritz anything blows. too greasy.
2. gloves are off. hey jax, what are u gonna do aboot ur hands problem, and figger out how to adapt, and put the dang biscuit in the dang basket?
cuz, you know, im told here that the league eagerly awaits ur arrival, and you might improve ur chances to be drafted number one. as a point person. who can't shoot or score.
Take it a step further.. go root for Providence. Buh Bye.

Reaction Score
seems like more than a few here agree that it's a diss. me too.
low rent. and now that he's put me in a foul mood for this nonsense,
1. ritz anything blows. too greasy.
2. gloves are off. hey jax, what are u gonna do aboot ur hands problem, and figger out how to adapt, and put the dang biscuit in the dang basket?
cuz, you know, im told here that the league eagerly awaits ur arrival, and you might improve ur chances to be drafted number one. as a point person. who can't shoot or score.
What does any of this jibberish even mean?

Reaction Score
It’s impossible to feel anyway about this without knowing what went on behind the scenes.

One thing I will say is worry about doing that to an opponent rather than bragging about doing it to teammates. It’s something someone who’s never won anything would do. Let’s not become losers. If what is implied is what he intended then I think Hurley should have him take it down. It just looks corny

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What does any of this jibberish even mean?

This doesnt mean that I agree with Spackler, but I think the point hes trying to make is that if AJ is in fact trying to show up former teammates, he's doing it from a position of weakness considering some of the really necessary skills needed to throw that shade with credibility.

In other words, don't write a check you are not sure that your ass can cash.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Could be a sincere post in that he’ll miss being around and playing with Akok and Floyd…

… but then again, why not just post a picture of dabbing up or chillin with those two? Why post a blow by and poster dunk??
Or some good natured ribbon?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This doesnt mean that I agree with Spackler, but I think the point hes trying to make is that if AJ is in fact trying to show up former teammates, he's doing it from a position of weakness considering some of the really necessary skills needed to throw that shade with credibility.

In other words, don't write a check you are not sure that your ass can cash.
He’s starting for the team they’re both transferring from. I think he’s cashed the check already…

August_West

Reaction Score
He’s starting for the team they’re both transferring from. I think he’s cashed the check already…

That's the goal now? "Haha im a starter and youre not"

cool-john-oliver.gif

Reaction Score
It’s a culture problem. Between him and Reese we do a lot more flexing and showboating than we do winning big games. This is another symptom of that culture. Hopefully it’s not what it seems. Because it seems beneath us and corny

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
His caption is gonna miss it. Clearly posted in reference to them leaving

Now whether he meant it maliciously or is just giving his friends a hard time only Ajax will know. Definitely leaves the door open to interpretation in a way an Instagram of them three smiling and laughing together does not

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
general observation, or, message from reality to the hard of thinking.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
This is funny. Akok actually helped his freshman year and the fans loved him, but CFJ can kick rocks. If he goes to PC I’ll definitely hate him.

Reaction Score
Wait are we actually not in favor of Jackson talking some to guys on their way out and likely to a local team ? Like I hope they land on their feet and all but I think players crapping on each other on instagram is in play. I do not think this is malicious at all

Reaction Score
It’s impossible to feel anyway about this without knowing what went on behind the scenes.

One thing I will say is worry about doing that to an opponent rather than bragging about doing it to teammates. It’s something someone who’s never won anything would do. Let’s not become losers. If what is implied is what he intended then I think Hurley should have him take it down. It just looks corny
They are no longer teammates if they abandon the team.

Reaction Score

Does this go for posting on a message board to?

Reaction Score
Does this go for posting on a message board to?
I am thoroughly confused by your question.

But if you’re referring to fans, we aren’t on the team. Members of the program or university have a much higher expectation standard than fans on a message board

August_West

Reaction Score
It seems that some in this thread are ready to embrace the Jim Boeheim school of trashing players on the way out. It is one of Boeheim's fatal flaws, and has cost him many recruits over time. I'd prefer that our team/staff/culture doesn't head in that direction, our fanbase can handle the trashing just fine on our own. When it becomes team based it can be and is used as a negative recruiting tool by others.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I mean these guys are all for the most working very hard and very competitive, fighting for shine that very few will get. That’s really all there is to it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That's the goal now? "Haha im a starter and youre not"

cool-john-oliver.gif
Well, yeah… it’s shade. He didn’t say it’s on sight next time I see y’all, it’s not that serious. But do you think Akok/Corey feel good watching that clip and knowing his 60k+ followers and other UConn fans could understand why they’re actually leaving? This isn’t complicated.

Reaction Score
It’s a culture problem. Between him and Reese we do a lot more flexing and showboating than we do winning big games. This is another symptom of that culture. Hopefully it’s not what it seems. Because it seems beneath us and corny
this is so lame. only thing corny here is grown men whining about kids goofing on each other on instagram.

Reaction Score
Abandoned? They transferred, at the end of the season at that. Good God
To a loyal guy like Andre how do you think he see’s it? You and others want to act like Andre is in the wrong for his post. I’m looking at it from his perspective. Andre is our guy. He wants to be here and he loves the program. Time to back him up or root for someone else. You guys are defending players who don’t want to be here and criticizing the ones who do want to be here. Makes no sense to me

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'll clarify that this is just my opinion, but I think it’s a stretch to say that this video is being used to throw shade at either player transferring. It’s more likely a coincidence than anything else.
I don’t think it was a coincidence, but also don’t think it was throwing shade.

I read him saying “I’m going to miss this TBH” as a playful jab and sincere remarks about no longer being able to play with those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom