Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Andre's farewell message to Akok and Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well, yeah… it’s shade. He didn’t say it’s on sight next time I see y’all, it’s not that serious. But do you think Akok/Corey feel good watching that clip and knowing his 60k+ followers and other UConn fans could understand why they’re actually leaving? This isn’t complicated.
Occam's Insta
Didn’t call it a big deal. It looks corny as hell.
Still can't figure out what you mean by "corny." is there some generational shift in its meaning?

Not meant as a criticism, but I'm not at all embarrassed by this, and I wouldn't presume to speak for more than myself and label these tweets as "an embarrassment." For whom or what do you mean? Jackson, UConn, or something else?

Reaction Score
lmao come on man
That’s the adjustment many are not making, NIL potential /jealousies are now a factor. True, many guys lack self awareness regarding what they truly have to offer. But, NIL perceived carrots or disrespect are now playing a role.

Doba Swinney says that every school needs a NIL program. There neeeds to be structure equity and thought to it or it could really blow up program. The local writers don’t seem to get that either. They are now in a portal vs HS. That debate exists but NIL plays a role in both channels.

What I am hearing from my Providence contacts is that Cooley seems to be very upbeat about the portal in the near term. Big signings ahead, so do those UConn guys fit under that headline or not?

Reaction Score
It’s just a reference to the AJ/Akok back & forward thing. Ppl are really over reacting
Obviously. But that doesn't mean the school will see it that way. If a regular student posted that picture they might get a visit from the police.

Reaction Score
My memory on The Wire is hazy - what’s Diggins getting at here?

EDIT: not my best day today lol been informed this isn’t The Wire.

View attachment 75603

Sool is referring to what is going on with AJacks mocking the transfers with his stuff on Instagram and Hurley with the things he has been saying to the media about looking for tougher/better players. They are controlling the narrative basically making the transfers look like bums in a vengeful way.

Simply put Sool is saying Hurley is the bad guy who is trying to kill the reputation of the transfers and encouraging guys like AJacks to help him in his task.

PS: Hurley's culture is clearly not as strong as he preaches to the media.

#StandWithAJacks

Reaction Score
Obviously. But that doesn't mean the school will see it that way. If a regular student posted that picture they might get a visit from the police.
What? If a student posts a picture on their social media from an incredibly popular movie they might get a visit from the police?

Reaction Score
What? If a student posts a picture on their social media from an incredibly popular movie they might get a visit from the police?
With how sensitive everyone is with this stuff due to school shootings and all the other mass casualty events? Yeah. It's a guy with a gun and it's tagged at the school.

It's just a dumb thing to post

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Sool is referring to what is going on with AJacks mocking the transfers with his stuff on Instagram and Hurley with the things he has been saying to the media about looking for tougher/better players. They are controlling the narrative basically making the transfers look like bums in a vengeful way.

Simply put Sool is saying Hurley is the bad guy who is trying to kill the reputation of the transfers and encouraging guys like AJacks to help him in his task.

PS: Hurley's culture is clearly not as strong as he preaches to the media.

#StandWithAJacks
You got all of that out of a screenshot from a movie? Might be stretching things just a tad man.

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention here that it's an out of context screenshot of someone pulling a gun out with a tag of a location they were just unceremoniously eschewed from. Doubt it'll trigger a visit from the police but it's an odd post by him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That’s actually pretty funny.

I think this is just some friends giving each other *, I think people here are reading into it wayyy more than anyone in those videos.

Hmmm….I feel like there’s a little bit of an edge to this.

Reaction Score
After seeing akoks response video this really seems like two good friends having some fun with each other. We can stop vilifying the whole thing on here.

Reaction Score
“Looks”. It’s a bad look.
You can say it 100 more times and 90% of us will still disagree and roll our eyes.

But there’s a wide gap between “bad look” and “not a big deal” and “clown show” or a coach with “no control”.

You’re all over the place.

Reaction Score
Absolutely love it. Kid is a warrior. Hop aboard or don’t let the door hit you on the way out. Shabazz was the exact same way.

Anyone who thinks this is “corny” or embarrassing is a coddled child. Kids are transferring and best of luck to them, but they get nothing from me now and certainty no fan of UConn should be going out of their way to defend them over one of our guys who plays hard as all get out. This mentality is way more good than it is bad. If this is the collateral damage so be it.

Reaction Score
Oh my bad. Have fun
Gifssuperbad jonah hill GIF on GIFER - by Malarne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members