Andre's Consecutive Blocks... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre's Consecutive Blocks...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
$8.8 MM, Andre definitely should have stayed another year:)

Be honest, nobody saw this coming :), 8.8 million that is. Obviously his play down the stretch and the title run elevated his status.

He did the right thing, entered the draft, participated in workouts, saw where he stood against the competition, listened to scouts and learned where he would be drafted

I don't think anyone denies the process, it worked out great for him.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Coach Griffin to the team…

41D1E74B-071B-41A7-9341-CFAF1B57AD74.jpeg

Reaction Score
It's tough for players who have no scoring game but I could see Andre carving out a role on the Bucks early. They're a great team but they're top heavy and athletically challenged outside of the Greek Freak, a player with Jackson's athleticism and balls to the wall energy is needed. It's the perfect team for Andre and his game.

If he manages to get somewhat consistent with open threes his value goes way up for the Bucks and he becomes a perfect player to play alongside Giannis.

Reaction Score
A true student of the game would tell you that Bill Russell did this numerous times AND had the BBIQ to know to tip the ball to his teammate every time.
Actually, Russell was not keeping the ball in play. He was blocking it into the cheap seats until Red Auerbach sat him down and started to teach him the finer points of the game.

Reaction Score
There you go two way contract already. So NIL money lost has already been recovered good for him.
He has a lot to learn but his intelligence, physical skills , maturity and his attitude will get him there .
He is one of the few players I thought coming back another year in college was a waste . He has to learn the nuances of the pro game as someone facilitating their type of offense . He needs professional coaching to make that leap.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Actually, Russell was not keeping the ball in play. He was blocking it into the cheap seats until Red Auerbach sat him down and started to teach him the finer points of the game.

Amazing to watch you “Well, akshually” that.

No notes.

Reaction Score
It's tough for players who have no scoring game but I could see Andre carving out a role on the Bucks early. They're a great team but they're top heavy and athletically challenged outside of the Greek Freak, a player with Jackson's athleticism and balls to the wall energy is needed. It's the perfect team for Andre and his game.

If he manages to get somewhat consistent with open threes his value goes way up for the Bucks and he becomes a perfect player to play alongside Giannis.
With both Giannis and AJ as poor outside shooters, it may seem like a bad combo, but I think it will work out nicely. Giannis will get his usual double and triple teams as players layoff AJ, but AJ will be roaming the lane, and we know he can finish around the rim for some easy hoops. Same with Brook Lopez. Both Buck's bigs are excellent passers and I believe AJ will get his share of easy hoops on the inside.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom