2022 Recruiting: - Andre Johnson? | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Andre Johnson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still confused from the other thread- so is he confirmed as a walk-on? Seems way too talented to be so? Also, we now have Ajax and AJohns. Almost like when we had Donny and Donyell Marshall.

Reaction Score
This kid is a pretty good player. Could easily get a D1 scholarship. Not sure why he chose us. Maybe he’ll play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Still confused from the other thread- so is he confirmed as a walk-on? Seems way too talented to be so? Also, we now have Ajax and AJohns. Almost like when we had Donny and Donyell Marshall.
It looks like when his coach tweets about him being a walk on

Reaction Score
Walk-on or not, will be a practice body for sure, I think Hurley is realizing theres no reason to have 3 or 4-stars on your deep bench when they'll likely just transfer away before they even play. Makes more sense to have local kids who could potentially develop by year 4 who want to be at Uconn.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Walk-on or not, will be a practice body for sure, I think Hurley is realizing theres no reason to have 3 or 4-stars on your deep bench when they'll likely just transfer away before they even play. MakAnd es more sense to have local kids who could potentially develop by year 4 who want to be at Uconn.
Yup, smart adjustment by Hurley. He gets a development player and big guard who's unlikely to transfer, and who has potential to be a contributor as an upperclassman.

Hurley loves a project, so this is a great fit.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Not super common to have walk ons who could play division 1 at any level

I doubt he was actually offered by the high majors in that graphic but he can still play nonetheless and will def be an asset in practice

Reaction Score
1653789708851.gif

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hope he catches on here. You have to like a kid who picks you can over a free ride elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Walk-on or not, will be a practice body for sure, I think Hurley is realizing theres no reason to have 3 or 4-stars on your deep bench when they'll likely just transfer away before they even play. Makes more sense to have local kids who could potentially develop by year 4 who want to be at Uconn.
That’s a interesting take .
The amazing thing about humans is when conditions change how quickly someone figures a work around .
If you recall we started grabbing Post Grads who didn’t have to sit. When we had success the Duke’s and Ky’s complains it was unfair.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
NIL will help majors get walk ons who could play lower D1.
Hey kid I can’t offer you a scholarship but I can give you a free ride through NIL and you can compete your way onto the court. It’s a no-brainer for a kid like this.

Reaction Score
My understanding was that he’d end up at an A10 level school. He can shoot it and has balll skills. Hopefully, we get lucky on this one and end up with a contributor. I’m kind of excited about this. I think he’s coming in planning to surprise people and get on the court.

Reaction Score
NIL will help majors get walk ons who could play lower D1.
As NIL is supposed to work, I'm not sure how that would be the case. NIL isn't supposed to function on a whole team basis, and I'm not sure who is paying for walk ons individually.

Reaction Score
All we need to do now is find a recruit named Samson Jackson. Then we could send out a lineup where the defense could really get confused on switching.
Has 1 year of eligibility left, maybe we can convince him to come be a dual sport athlete

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some of you are deranged.

He’s a walk-on.

It’s basically June - if he was getting a scholarship offer somewhere else, he’d be there already. We’re not putting together NIL deals to corral mid-major kids.

Reaction Score

He’s a walk-on.

It’s basically June - if he was getting a scholarship offer somewhere else, he’d be there already. We’re not putting together NIL deals to corral mid-major kids.

Much more competitive practice than the standard walk in though right?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Much more competitive practice than the standard walk in though right?
This is the type of player many in this forum were hoping to get as the 12 or 13th roster player. Someone with decent skills, who would be happy if they get little or no playing time this season, who would not likely transfer next year and who could develop as a contributor by his third season. Added bonus is the kid is a good three point shooter that may work in the four out scheme.

To get this type of player as a walk on is a bonus. Kudos to the coaching staff for putting in the extra effort of finding potential hidden gems to fill these spots.

Reaction Score

He’s a walk-on.

I don’t know Fishy. He can offer his allegiance to a number of the excellent diners in Bristol. Every little bit helps. Also, as a CT kid, is it Pepe’s, Sally’s, or Modern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom