Andre Jackson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Freak athlete, maybe one of the best we've had at UConn. But he is so raw, even for a freshman. He looks like a deer in the headlights most of the time which leads to some really bone-headed plays.

I like his passing ability and on-ball defense (sometimes), but his upside is limited until he can learn how to create his own shot/develops better fundamentals. I'm hoping that he grinds in the off-season to reach his full potential.

Reaction Score
He has one or two fouls a game which are either 1. Not actual fouls, or 2. nickel and dimers. Once he stops fouling so much he'll be able to stay on the court longer and therefore have more opportunities. I do wish we got to see him drive to the basket more. His defense has been great and he'll learn to stop with the bumping while the offensive guy is driving on him.

Reaction Score
While an incredible leaper, good passer and rebounder I don't see Jackson a as future NBA player. I know he's a freshman and has been injured but Andre has shown no ability to score. I hope I'm wrong here because I love the kid's attitude but I would feel a little more confident if he showed any mid-range game or ability to penetrate.

CV1

Reaction Score
He was injured this summer and then suffered the broken wrist so he had 2 major setbacks already in the last 8 months or so. He is still overcoming that and learning as he goes so let’s cut the guy some slack with his offensive production at the moment. He is an incredible passer, rebounder and brings the energy as a mismatch to most teams with his length and athleticism. I am psyched to see this kid develop but already love what he is bringing to the table. With his energy and ability, he can still provide an extra 8-10 points for the team between his ability to grab offensive boards and also gain an extra possession for the team. On the other end, he skies to the ball. There were a few misses the other night by Gtown and Jackson just soared in the air and grabbed the rebound with authority.

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension. Burrell was just an ordinary run jump athlete in the NBA not an ordinary run jump athlete compared to the general public.
He played 8 years in the league, and more overseas. That amount of time isn’t ordinary. He was exceptional.

Reaction Score
While an incredible leaper, good passer and rebounder I don't see Jackson a as future NBA player. I know he's a freshman and has been injured but Andre has shown no ability to score. I hope I'm wrong here because I love the kid's attitude but I would feel a little more confident if he showed any mid-range game or ability to penetrate.
Jackson is definitely a future NBA player. If he went to the combine today some team may take a shot on him off of his physical, athletic profile alone. All he needs to do is develop a decent outside shot and NBA teams will see a future athletic 3&D guy. Think Andre Igoudala

Reaction Score
Jackson is definitely a future NBA player. If he went to the combine today some team may take a shot on him off of his physical, athletic profile alone. All he needs to do is develop a decent outside shot and NBA teams will see a future athletic 3&D guy. Think Andre Igoudala
The NBA is filled with incredible athletes and all of them can shoot and drive much better then Andre at this time. Let's give him some time and see his improvement for next year before we make a judgement on his future.

Reaction Score
Only when/if Andre becomes a shooter who needs to be guarded all over the court will he then be able to take advantage of his other amazing physical talents.

Until then he’s easy to guard and not someone the opposing team has to pay attention to on D.

Reaction Score
The NBA is filled with incredible athletes and all of them can shoot and drive much better then Andre at this time. Let's give him some time and see his improvement for next year before we make a judgement on his future.
The NBA is not "filled" with guys as athletic as andre jackson. How is he any different than Derrick Jones Jr. Players get drafted on athleticism alone all the time. Especially when they're pheonominal athletes

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He played 8 years in the league, and more overseas. That amount of time isn’t ordinary. He was exceptional.

Some ayers have played in the league for over a decade and we're not extraordinary athletes.

The debate is not about talent or skill. Bottom line is Scott Burrell athleticism on the basketball court was average for an NBA 2 guard or SF for his era.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

3 and D? I believe his last 3 taken was from the corner and hit the top of the backboard!

I really like AJ, he has supreme court vision, is a great passer, and has a "feel" for the game. He is a very able defender already, just has to watch the fouls.

But he cant shoot yet, and he cant get to the rim at this point. Hasnt shown even a sign of doing either of those offensive traits. Usually a guy with what seems as decent a handle as he has, and with his athleticism, can get to the rim . The few times Ive seen that attempted in the 1/2 court havent ended well (although he tapped an offensive miss to cole for a floater off of a disastrous rim attack against Georgetown, so I guess its a wash) .... Honestly Im glad at this point hes not trying that much, he has other values that help us in games.

Nobody is taking a flyer on his athleticism ..........yet.

Reaction Score
Again, take a deep breath and actually read what I typed.

Reaction Score
3 and D? I believe his last 3 taken was from the corner and hit the top of the backboard!

I really like AJ, he has supreme court vision, is a great passer, and has a "feel" for the game. He is a very able defender already, just has to watch the fouls.

But he cant shoot yet, and he cant get to the rim at this point. Hasnt shown even a sign of doing either of those offensive traits. Usually a guy with what seems as decent a handle as he has, and with his athleticism, can get to the rim . The few times Ive seen that attempted in the 1/2 court havent ended well (although he tapped an offensive miss to cole for a floater off of a disastrous rim attack against Georgetown, so I guess its a wash) .... Honestly Im glad at this point hes not trying that much, he has other values that help us in games.

Nobody is taking a flyer on his athleticism ..........yet.
Agreed on the yet. But he’d be a major bust if he never got to the NBA with his skill set. He just doesn’t know how to score yet. But everything else is borderline elite. Athleticism: Elite, Passing: Ellite, Defensive capabilities:Elite

Reaction Score
Agreed on the yet. But he’d be a major bust if he never got to the NBA with his skill set. He just doesn’t know how to score yet. But everything else is borderline elite. Athleticism: Elite, Passing: Ellite, Defensive capabilities:Elite

You're making it sound way easier to make it in the NBA than it is. He's a great athlete who see the court well and knows how to play the game. There are guys in the NBA with those traits who can also find at least one way to put the ball in the cup. Sort of odd to say at this stage of his growth that he'd be a "major bust" if he doesn't play in the NBA.

That play that August is talking about was weird. That seems like an instance in which he should be trying to punch it on someone rather than shoot some kind of weird half floater / half jump shot from his hip. He's a big strong kid with great hops - attack the rim when you're in that situation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That play that August is talking about was weird. That seems like an instance in which he should be trying to punch it on someone rather than shoot some kind of weird half floater / half jump shot from his hip. He's a big strong kid with great hops - attack the rim when you're in that situation.

Such a strange play, because he simutaneously showed a current shortcoming and his greatest asset. Because he has to attack the rim hard , and really it was a weak drive, but on the resulting miss I cant think of anyone who has the type of court awareness at his age to volleyball tap a perfect "pass" (for wont of a better term) to a cutting guy for a close floater. He knew that bringing the ball down or even catching it would blow the chance. So , boom, let me spike the ball to a cutting Cole. Im am so intrigued by his natural feel. That stuff cant be taught. Hopefully the shooting can to him.

Reaction Score
The NBA is not "filled" with guys as athletic as andre jackson. How is he any different than Derrick Jones Jr. Players get drafted on athleticism alone all the time. Especially when they're pheonominal athletes
Derrick Jones Jr put up good stats his Freshman and only year at UNLV. Andre isn’t really doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom