Andre Jackson | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How do y'all rate Andre's return to the team? Does anyone know when Akok Akok will return?Hope James Bouknight comes back soon

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reaction Score
I rate Jackson highly. The fact that he already has the physical ability and athleticism is a major plus. The only thing left for him is to develop a consistent jumper and utilize his IQ

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I rate Jackson highly. The fact that he already has the physical ability and athleticism is a major plus. The only thing left for him is to develop a consistent jumper and utilize his IQ

With an outside jumpshot he would unstoppable. After he develops that he will be on the way to the NBA....

Reaction Score
With an outside jumpshot he would unstoppable. After he develops that he will be on the way to the NBA....
Agreed! Also forgot to mention that once he tightens up his handle and control it will be way easier to get to the rim. He will finish over anybody

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I rate his return as disappointing. Not his play or him, mind you just his return. Andre still hasn't fully shown what he's capable of. Hurley needs to get him more minutes and greenlight him to drive to the hoop. Wouldn't mind seeing him bring the ball up more either after last night's debacle.

Reaction Score
I rate his return as disappointing. Not his play or him, mind you just his return. Andre still hasn't fully shown what he's capable of. Hurley needs to get him more minutes and greenlight him to drive to the hoop. Wouldn't mind seeing him bring the ball up more either after last night's debacle.
He definitely needs a green light to drive to the rim. He has acrobatic finishes incase someone tries to swipe it if he went up simple. I wouldn't mind, as much as probably the coaches wouldn't mind if he drove to the rim and tried it will help him in the long run

Reaction Score
Since he came back his minutes significantly improved so I assume his trajectory from a coaching perspective is looking good. Outside of Martin, with Bouk down, need another scorer. Hoping he explodes this season.

Reaction Score
Excellent, he's going to be a star. He'll always be the best athlete on the court no matter who he plays against and his vision and passing are next level. His passing is so unique, he gets down way low to get angles to feed the post and he makes passing with one hand look incredibly easy, he also fires his passes. Even with his scoring game being incredibly raw he has a dramatic impact on the game. The next step will be taking guys off the dribble which seems close. If he gets a fairly consistent jump shot, it's a wrap...

Hurley needs to give him the keys to run things. Future NBA point guard.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How would you rate it compared to Akok's return?

Or AG's return last season...or the season before?

I hear what you're saying about the need to use him more and better, but that's a good problem in light of the circumstances.

Just the fact that he is healthy and full of energy is one of the very few bright spots this season imo.

Reaction Score
The talent is obvious. He can do everything on a court, handle, drive, shoot, rebound, assist.

He doesn't do any of them at an elite or a consistent level --- YET. That's why getting him on the court is critical.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jacskon was on the floor for about a minute before announcers called him out for his athleticism and style of play. He quickly catches your eye.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing him bring the ball up more either after last night's debacle.
I'd rather not waste his energy bringing the ball up. The others can do it. Once across the mid-court line, he becomes the de facto point guard or point forward depending on where we have him positioned at the time.

Reaction Score
I agree he should be groomed as a point guard. If he can show the ability to play the position he could be a future top three pick in the draft if not # 1.

Reaction Score
I like Jackson. I like all our players. But I'm not 100% on board with all the accolades he's receiving from some of us.

I'm going to compare him to Caron because he's a big swing player. In short, he has not had the impact Caron had right away. Hes not as good as Caron based on the small sample. There could be reasons outside of Jackson's control that prevent him from playing at a young-Caron level.

Probably the most significant issue is our style of play. JC always pushed the ball effectively. Caron got a lot of easy buckets. So our failure to push/run the ball is hurting Jackson at the moment. Jackson would be the primary beneficiary if we ran the ball more.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'd rather not waste his energy bringing the ball up. The others can do it. Once across the mid-court line, he becomes the de facto point guard or point forward depending on where we have him positioned at the time.
I don't know. It looked like we struggled to get the ball up last night. It was a big part of the problem.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
It seems like when AJ does something good he looks around and gets nothing back - there's no fans cheering and I don't know if his teammates are cheering him either. Hard to put out energy into nothingness. I think he has potential but the team just feels like there is no leadership and morale feels low, AJ and Sanogo need some pushes and I think they could be stars for us next year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People who say he can’t play point are very UConn-centric and can’t fathom a point guard who can go on all the rides at 6 flags. Plenty of guys his size and bigger in the NBA running point.

Reaction Score
I like Jackson. I like all our players. But I'm not 100% on board with all the accolades he's receiving from some of us.

I'm going to compare him to Caron because he's a big swing player. In short, he has not had the impact Caron had right away. Hes not as good as Caron based on the small sample. There could be reasons outside of Jackson's control that prevent him from playing at a young-Caron level.

Probably the most significant issue is our style of play. JC always pushed the ball effectively. Caron got a lot of easy buckets. So our failure to push/run the ball is hurting Jackson at the moment. Jackson would be the primary beneficiary if we ran the ball more.
Damn he's not as good in his first games back as a lottery pick, multiple time all star, and nba champion.

CL82

Reaction Score
Damn he's not as good in his first games back as a lottery pick, multiple time all star, and nba champion.
Cat Wow GIF

So shocking that it blew the hat right off of Conspiracy Kitty's head.

Reaction Score
Damn he's not as good in his first games back as a lottery pick, multiple time all star, and nba champio

And yet, I don't remember it ever being suggested that Caron should play pg.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Let's slow down with anointing Jackson the future PG role. He has looked promising in three games this year, one of which was the CCSU game.

He is without a doubt promising, but there are still very noticeable deficiencies that I think we are overlooking due to the great things he already does, i.e. passing, vision, athleticism. He still has mental lapses, which is to be expected. The offense will probably run through him at a certain point but I do not think he will ever be the primary ball handler in his UConn career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom