Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no idea if Andre has the guard skillsof Ben but I am highly confident AJ is a way better athlete.

Jax is a once in a generation level of run and jump.

maybe jumping, so is derrick jones jr. no way he’s a better nba level basketball athlete than ben simmons. there’s not many. and it’s not just b/c i’m a sixers fan.

to be fair, andre has got room to grow. he can be ben level, but watching simmons live @ the wells fargo, i think he’s a robot

Last edited:
Reaction Score
better comparison

i just wanted to watch those dunks myself....fantastic

you want to be at the level where defenders just run the other way

Reaction Score
Can't wait to see how disciplined he will be as the competition elevates through the season.
He could be one of those players that lights up the stats on a team like this. The points will come as well, but he could provide the spark that encourages the steals, rebounds, and assists of the likes we haven't seen in a while from a freshman......that one player the others gravitate to over the years. He's got Husky all over him.

Reaction Score
5 rebounds and 6 assists? The 6 assists are eye opening. The kid gets up there, gonna get everything coming off the boards.

C

Chief00

See a bunch of stuff about Sanogo, correctly so.

Jackson played real well tonight, especially the second half.

A few things which really stood out.
1. He is a big time disruptor of inbounds passes after made baskets. His length and quickness cause issues.
2. He was great in the middle against the zone. He had some real quick ball reversals to open players.
3. He is electric as us fans hoped he would be in the open court.
4. He can rebound too.

I checked out the box score. I thought he had 3-4 assists. I was surprised to see 6. I was also shocked to see 0 steals considering how many times he got his hands on the ball in passing lanes and from on the ball pressure.
Quite frankly, Chief thinks Jackson has the mentality and physical ability to be our best defender. He gets low and can cover much smaller guys in the open court, but has the length and explosiveness to make defensive “Wow” plays, as Coach Blaney used to call them.
As Chief has been saying for over a year, Jackson is truly an amazing passer, who is thinking next step before he even gets the ball himself. He’s a kid who respects the history of the game, which is always great to see and enjoys talking basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
He oozes potential just running around the court. He will be very disruptive on the defensive end can really guard. He had the whole bench and staff standing for a 4-5 second defending of a CCSU guy who couldn’t wait to get rid of the ball with him blanketing him. Certainly can rebound, plays bigger and much like Bouk another 2-3 who can offensively rebound too love that. I expect that Martin is similar too so with Andre, Bouk, Tyrese being able to guard smaller and bigger as well this is another reason we need to see less of Gaff and Cole on the court at the same time. They need minutes for these 3 and the way Adams looked you can add him to the mix. It’s early but there’s some exciting stuff out there just have to gather it in and create the chemistry which is easier said than done.

C

Chief00

He oozes potential just running around the court. He will be very disruptive on the defensive end can really guard. He had the whole bench and staff standing for a 4-5 second defending of a CCSU guy who couldn’t wait to get rid of the ball with him blanketing him. Certainly can rebound, plays bigger and much like Bouk another 2-3 who can offensively rebound too love that. I expect that Martin is similar too so with Andre, Bouk, Tyrese being able to guard smaller and bigger as well this is another reason we need to see less of Gaff and Cole on the court at the same time. They need minutes for these 3 and the way Adams looked you can add him to the mix. It’s early but there’s some exciting stuff out there just have to gather it in and create the chemistry which is easier said than done.
Good insights. Chief would add, AJ is one of these guys who just needs to take several hundred shots per day. If he can improve that aspect of his game further, as he started to do at times last season, then he will truly be amazing.

Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of a young sticks right now, but with better passing. I hope Andre continues to work on his ball handling and shooting so he can grow into a playmaker at the college level. Unfortunately Stanley never really grew out that dunker/rim runner role. He was great at it, but always relied on others to set him up.

Reaction Score
Andre reminds me of a young sticks right now, but with better passing. I hope Andre continues to work on his ball handling and shooting so he can grow into a playmaker at the college level. Unfortunately Stanley never really grew out that dunker/rim runner role. He was great at it, but always relied on others to set him up.
Don't forget that AJ was a guard during the early part of his BB career until he hit a growth spurt.. Early speculation by NBA scouts is that he may project to be a PG/CG at the next level.. IMO.. His passing skills/court vision are already advanced.. At the college level with PGs needing the ball in their hands.. He won't be able to be ball dominant as he was in HS.. His ball skills at SF/wing are going to surprise a lot of teams..

Reaction Score
His highlight tapes show he shoots but that airball.....

Reaction Score
His ballhandling is not bad. Not sure where this myth is coming from. I'd put it close to advanced for his size and age. Next step will be using it handles to create in the half court--open court he is very good. He ain't going to handle the ball like Boatright because he doesn't need to guys.

His issue is going to be decision-making and shooting. He took too many risks at the hs and AAU level.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
His ballhandling is not bad. Not sure where this myth is coming from. I'd put it close to advanced for his size and age. Next step will be using it handles to create in the half court--open court he is very good. He ain't going to handle the ball like Boatright because he doesn't need to guys.

His issue is going to be decision-making and shooting. He took too many risks at the hs and AAU level.
AJ is obviously massively talented. His ceiling (and minutes for that matter) is going to be largely determined by his ability to generate offense in the half court (both for others and himself) , which I don't know if he has in his arsenal yet (ie, remains to be seen)

Reaction Score
Athleticism is obvious.. Disruptive on D.. One of the things that stood out to me was his court vision with the ball in his hands.... Passing..A lost art for most wing players.. Teammates need to have
their hands ready on offense..
This old guy who loves defense is a fan.
Extraordinary Size. Magic like passing skills. When he picked up his D the whole team D picked up.. Kind of Nadev like .
It was against weak competition so enthusiasm should be tempered. But I’m as excited to see how this plays out,
If Defense which was a big ? On this team especially without Akok becomes a plus then the ceiling in this team is raised considerably.

C

Chief00

Don't forget that AJ was a guard during the early part of his BB career until he hit a growth spurt.. Early speculation by NBA scouts is that he may project to be a PG/CG at the next level.. IMO.. His passing skills/court vision are already advanced.. At the college level with PGs needing the ball in their hands.. He won't be able to be ball dominant as he was in HS.. His ball skills at SF/wing are going to surprise a lot of teams..
I agree he already has guard skills Stanley never had. No criticism of Stanley, it just wasn’t his role.

C

Chief00

Good insights. Chief would add, AJ is one of these guys who just needs to take several hundred shots per day. If he can improve that aspect of his game further, as he started to do at times last season, then he will truly be amazing.
As I said, he likes to talk basketball and appreciates the history of the game. Good to see he’s taking the extra shots late at night as Chief suggested.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As I said, he likes to talk basketball and appreciates the history of the game. Good to see he’s taking the extra shots late at night as Chief suggested.
What did you say? Get in the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104