2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like he moved his commitment timetable from summer to fall. Not sure if this is good or bad.

It was supposed to be a done deal to Cuse by Peach Jam, so I would say that is good for us. I just think it's hilarious that Cuse believes our success is past us when we beat them this year on a down year, and they are toast after JB leaves. I could argue they are toast currently given how JB ran off the best possible chance they have at staying relevant.

Reaction Score
Looks like he moved his commitment timetable from summer to fall. Not sure if this is good or bad.

I will say it again: my personal opinion with zero insight is the longer this goes on, the less likely it is Cuse. He grew up in the area, knows the coaching staff for a long time. If he was really sold on their pitch he would have committed there already.

Reaction Score
It was supposed to be a done deal to Cuse by Peach Jam, so I would say that is good for us. I just think it's hilarious that Cuse believes our success is past us when we beat them this year on a down year, and they are toast after JB leaves. I could argue they are toast currently given how JB ran off the best possible chance they have at staying relevant.
Truth is, the move to the ACC that they love to throw in our faces and maybe rightfully so, has helped the university financially. It has not helped basketball and it never will. They are on an iceberg in Siberia and when your pitch is we can lose to Duke and UNC twice a year simply isn't enticing.

Reaction Score
Truth is, the move to the ACC that they love to throw in our faces and maybe rightfully so, has helped the university financially. It has not helped basketball and it never will.

Exactly. They will never ever be an upper echelon team. They have had a couple runs in the tournament because of their zone, but they were only have had one top five finish in the league since entry and it was their first year. Every year since they are around .500 in the in the league.

Reaction Score
This might be a "hot take", but as someone who hates Syracuse I am hoping JB coaches them until he's 100. I'm worried what might happen if they got their guy from Washington back.

Reaction Score
Truth is, the move to the ACC that they love to throw in our faces and maybe rightfully so, has helped the university financially. It has not helped basketball and it never will. They are on an iceberg in Siberia and when your pitch is we can lose to Duke and UNC twice a year simply isn't enticing.
Right. I posted this in another thread, but Syracuse has clearly done worse in basketball since joining the ACC. That doesn't prove they are worse because they changed conferences, but it's not like it has elevated them to a Duke or UNC level.

pj

Reaction Score
It's some combination of losing their northeastern rivalries, and Jim Boeheim getting old.

Unfortunately for them, the rivalries aren't coming back, and Jim ain't getting younger.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It's some combination of losing their northeastern rivalries, and Jim Boeheim getting old.

Unfortunately for them, the rivalries aren't coming back, and Jim ain't getting younger.
Remember all the crap we dealt with on the recruiting trail about Calhoun’s age? They have to be dealing with the same thing. No way Jim makes it as a coach to see the kids he’s recruiting now graduate.

Reaction Score
All Chief can say at the moment is that there are some outstanding recruits in the Northeast the next couple of years and rather than looking at the micro specifics right now of each player - look for a major paradigm shift to change the conversation. At that time, Chief will do some player specific deep dives.
uconngb cleared the bases while you were still driving to the park.

He can’t hit. He can’t hit. He can’t hit. Swing batter.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
What’s his comp for style of play?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Wing slasher, plays way above the rim – maybe moreso than anybody we've ever had.

Can't shoot a lick.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That’s tough because he’s so different. He’s athletic, explosive, plays a pace faster than any of his peers, can play and guard multiple positions, a good passer. But below average ball handler and well below average shooter. He’s like the best version of Sid Wilson with a crazy motor.

Reaction Score
Wing slasher, plays way above the rim – maybe moreso than anybody we've ever had.

Can't shoot a lick.

Cole, Gaffney, and Bouknight are all good shooters. I think we could get away with a wing who can’t shoot if he’s surrounded by guys like them. Throw in Akok or Polley at the 4 and you have 3 shooters on the floor at all times. Imagine a lineup of Cole, Bouknight, Jackson, Akok, and Carlton with Gaffney, Sid, and Polley off the bench!!

Reaction Score
Cole, Gaffney, and Bouknight are all good shooters. I think we could get away with a wing who can’t shoot if he’s surrounded by guys like them. Throw in Akok or Polley at the 4 and you have 3 shooters on the floor at all times. Imagine a lineup of Cole, Bouknight, Jackson, Akok, and Carlton with Gaffney, Sid, and Polley off the bench!!

Coach knows best. Would think they could/would work on his shooting. Basketball is a game were you put the ball through the basket. He'll have to do that from farther away than a dunk if he wants to play for a long time. We know what happens when you have athletes on offense that aren't a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom