Andre Jackson to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Gerry McNamara can stay there a while too. The staff running circles around him for Akok and Jackson.

Praying for coach in waiting. have been for like the last 3 years+

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Dre's coaches comment:

Asked what he needs to work on, Fruscio said: “A more consistent outside shot but he’s addressed that over the summer and he’s going to have a green light to shoot for us this year. And he’s been making a lot of them in open gyms so I have an expectation he’s going to make a bunch.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
on to the next BIG one....

1570041770561.png

Thinkin' bout this Zags article alot right now

Reaction Score
Dre's coaches comment:

Asked what he needs to work on, Fruscio said: “A more consistent outside shot but he’s addressed that over the summer and he’s going to have a green light to shoot for us this year. And he’s been making a lot of them in open gyms so I have an expectation he’s going to make a bunch.
If this kid can even become an average shooter, he is a Top 25 player.

Reaction Score
Cuse board: "For Andre's sake, let's hope Hurley can coach offense by then"

Reality:
Last 3 years Hurley coached teams have an average offense efficiency rank of 70.
Last 3 years Boeheim coached teams have an average offense efficiency rank of 75.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If this kid can even become an average shooter, he is a Top 25 player.
Fruscio is coach of Albany Academy.

Jimmy Hart director of City Rocks said the following:
He was a point guard for us since age 9, and then he grew all of a sudden so he’s played a lot of point in his career.

“He can really find shooters and has great court vision for a guy who’s pushing it at that pace. Some guys who jump will do a great dunk when they’re wide open, this guy dunks violently on people. I mean, he’s aggressive. He attacks the rim with no fear. Great instincts as a defender and his shot is getting better.”

Hart believes Hurley will coach him up even more.

“Well, Danny gets the most out of his guys,” Hart said. “He’s a tough guy and I think that’s why he’s choosing Danny. He’s trying to get with a head coach that he feels is going to push him real hard and get the most out of him and not leave any stone unturned. He’s opting for tough coaching. And his high school coach is a tough coach, too.”

Reaction Score
I wanted this one bad for two reasons:

First - it was clear that this was Dan Hurley's number one want for 2019-2020, and he beat out a hometown favorite that has watched Andre for over TWO years. I was at the KC Hardwood Classic two summers ago and the nose picker and g-mac were there watching Andre with no other coaches.

Second - I love @BFieldHusky and the info he provides, and I wanted this for him to shut up those Syracuse fans that constantly talk snow.

This is a great get for the program. We are headed back to where we belong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fruscio is coach of Albany Academy.

Jimmy Hart director of City Rocks said the following:
He was a point guard for us since age 9, and then he grew all of a sudden so he’s played a lot of point in his career.

“He can really find shooters and has great court vision for a guy who’s pushing it at that pace. Some guys who jump will do a great dunk when they’re wide open, this guy dunks violently on people. I mean, he’s aggressive. He attacks the rim with no fear. Great instincts as a defender and his shot is getting better.”

Hart believes Hurley will coach him up even more.

“Well, Danny gets the most out of his guys,” Hart said. “He’s a tough guy and I think that’s why he’s choosing Danny. He’s trying to get with a head coach that he feels is going to push him real hard and get the most out of him and not leave any stone unturned. He’s opting for tough coaching. And his high school coach is a tough coach, too.”

Damn. Double Damn. I've been waiting for a UConn player to bring those in your face jams since Jeff Adrien. Didn't know he was a PG early. That explains his obvious vision and passing ability.

Reaction Score
This makes me feel a lot more comfortable about this year's class, should be solid at a minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom