Andre Jackson Sophomore Season | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Sophomore Season

Reaction Score
WT> is wrong with you ...
He had more fouls than points last year and literally stood at the 3 point line uncovered and didn’t shoot. And now he is going to be a combination of Jordan, Magic, and Larry. I’ll believe it when I see it. I’ve watched enough college basketball for enough years to know that these kind of leaps in performance are exceedingly rare. I’ll believe it when it happens

Reaction Score
He had more fouls than points last year and literally stood at the 3 point line uncovered and didn’t shoot. And now he is going to be a combination of Jordan, Magic, and Larry. I’ll believe it when I see it. I’ve watched enough college basketball for enough years to know that these kind of leaps in performance are exceedingly rare. I’ll believe it when it happens
... MAYBE YOU MISS THIS

The kid is a good solid dedicated athlete; and he is phenomenally blessed with athleticism; and he works hard.

I know this beyond you. Because I am from Albany and I know the Albany City Rocks coaches - hometown hs guys. I think working hard and striving to be good is a talent; and Andre has that in abundance. I believe he lost confidence last year ... and the injury and downtime was at a bad time for him. Can he shoot? Far better than what we saw - which was putrid. Does he think the game? Far better than most every kid we have seen at that age. Does he care about Defense? Absolutely. He is a 4 year kid and will develop.

Reaction Score
... MAYBE YOU MISS THIS

The kid is a good solid dedicated athlete; and he is phenomenally blessed with athleticism; and he works hard.

I know this beyond you. Because I am from Albany and I know the Albany City Rocks coaches - hometown hs guys. I think working hard and striving to be good is a talent; and Andre has that in abundance. I believe he lost confidence last year ... and the injury and downtime was at a bad time for him. Can he shoot? Far better than what we saw - which was putrid. Does he think the game? Far better than most every kid we have seen at that age. Does he care about Defense? Absolutely. He is a 4 year kid and will develop.
Where did this come from? Who said it? How about some clarity.

Reaction Score
my high school teammate Danny coaches the Albany City Rocks 9th grade team

Andre Jackson is a premier kid. His parents are solid and he has (they have) worked for everything along the way. His physical skills and presence should be obvious for everyone. Albany Academy (where Andre attended) is a rigorous school. It is mostly professional's kids and high academic achievement; and he came in everyday from Amsterdam - a good long commute. He led a team to championships; and that is not the history over the last decades for that school. I think you have a kid who works far beyond what our expectations are. Like? a little Okafor esque.

Would I bet against him ... shooting far better? I wouldn't. amongst lots of other things

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he isn't Larry bird next year I'm gonna cry.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
what if he is merely Andre Igoudala? There is a whole lotta space between superstar and highly productive cbb player. And his talent - maybe it isn't obvious to some of you.
I LOVE the Iggy comparison. Might be the perfect comp.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
And now he is going to be a combination of Jordan, Magic, and Larry. I’ll believe it when I see it.
I'll believe that somebody other than you has ever made this assertion when you show and source it. Otherwise, all we've got is you disbelieving something that you fabricated and then posted with aggressive skepticism.
The war within perhaps?

Reaction Score
It’s called hyperbole. Exaggeration to make a point. Don’t be so literal minded. People are talking about a guy who couldn’t stay on the floor AND couldn’t score as making this huge jump next season. They are basing this on pretty flimsy evidence. Somebody is from his hometown. Another knows his 9th grade coach. Someone looks at highlight videos. Someone says he is a hard worker and a good kid. All of those might be true but none of them addresses the fact that he averaged 2.7 ppg and 2.8 fouls. Shot 11.8 % from 3. 1.6 assists 2.9 rebounds. Yet people have him scoring 10, 6 assists, 7 rebounds. I hope you are right. What I saw, and I think the stats tend to support my opinion, was a very athletic guy who lacked the skills to be a dominant player. Certainly those skills can be taught and learned. But only rarely improve that dramatically in all the skills that quickly. I will believe it happened in this case when I see a few 10 point 6 assist 8 rebound performances. Oh, and the reference to Bird, Magic and Jordan was intended as shorthand for a great player. Sorry if I confused you.

Reaction Score
It’s called hyperbole. Exaggeration to make a point. Don’t be so literal minded. People are talking about a guy who couldn’t stay on the floor AND couldn’t score as making this huge jump next season. They are basing this on pretty flimsy evidence. Somebody is from his hometown. Another knows his 9th grade coach. Someone looks at highlight videos. Someone says he is a hard worker and a good kid. All of those might be true but none of them addresses the fact that he averaged 2.7 ppg and 2.8 fouls. Shot 11.8 % from 3. 1.6 assists 2.9 rebounds. Yet people have him scoring 10, 6 assists, 7 rebounds. I hope you are right. What I saw, and I think the stats tend to support my opinion, was a very athletic guy who lacked the skills to be a dominant player. Certainly those skills can be taught and learned. But only rarely improve that dramatically in all the skills that quickly. I will believe it happened in this case when I see a few 10 point 6 assist 8 rebound performances. Oh, and the reference to Bird, Magic and Jordan was intended as shorthand for a great player. Sorry if I confused you.
YOU ... are such a BS artist; I think we all know that you will debate until you are blue. btw ... you absolutely do have a reading comprehension problem.

The great thing? That kid is going to be a major part of the UConn 2021-2022 plan. And we all will see if he develops. Is he Rashomel Jones (who was peaking as a high high school athlete) or is he truly a freak just learning to fill out the skill card through solid coaching. You should feel free to opine.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to shut up anyone on here who doubts Andre this year. If he can stay on the floor, he will impact games in so many ways with his motor and athleticism. He doesn’t have to be a great shooter to still hold tremendous value.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to shut up anyone on here who doubts Andre this year. If he can stay on the floor, he will impact games in so many ways with his motor and athleticism. He doesn’t have to be a great shooter to still hold tremendous value.
Will you be personally shutting people up or do you actually mean that you hope AJ's play will shut people up? Asking for a friend...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Will you be personally shutting people up or do you actually mean that you hope AJ's play will shut people up? Asking for a friend...
When Andre Jackson turns into a lottery pick this year.

Tiny Lister Friday Movie GIF

Reaction Score
His play will shut doubters up and I’ll happily remind them how wrong they were tough guy.

Reaction Score
It's summer and not much cooking but since we're all pulling in the same direction for Andre let's just let him be, until we see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom