Andre Jackson Sophomore Season | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Sophomore Season

Reaction Score
I just watched a video of Andre's freshman season highlights. He averaged 2.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.6 assists as a freshman. His athleticism and passing ability are fantastic.

What are your expectations from Andre as a Soph? I would like to see 8 ppg, 6 rpg and 4 assists per game from him this season. Am I underestimating the impact he can have?

Reaction Score
I just watched a video of Andre's freshman season highlights. He averaged 2.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1.6 assists as a freshman. His athleticism and passing ability are fantastic.

What are your expectations from Andre as a Soph? I would like to see 8 ppg, 6 rpg and 4 assists per game from him this season. Am I underestimating the impact he can have?

8/6/4 would be an amazing year for AJ. If he is working as hard as theu say it's possible. I expect a bit less though realistically. He has so much to work on, just adding a straight line drive and okay shot would make him so much better.

Just as important will be playing defense with a higher IQ.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping he has a mediocre jump shot and cuts his fouls. If he can stay on the court, and teams actually consider him an offensive threat when he's on it, that changes things. Teams being able to play ten feet off him hampered his playmaking and ability to cut.

Reaction Score
I think Dre is our best passer and obviously our most athletic player lol but 8-10ppg 5rbs 4asst I think would be a nice and reasonable jump for him. I think Jr. Yr Dre is an all BE and all around MONSTER

Reaction Score

Maybe 5.2, 3.1 and 2.3?

Reaction Score

I think you are pretty close for what he will do this year, and think he will make a couple of spectacular plays a game showing off his superior athleticism and passing abilities. Hopefully we will see an improvement in his jumpshot too.

Reaction Score
I think he will average 10 points per game, mostly from fast breaks and getting to the line. I believe his athleticism and cleverness will be overwhelming for opponents now that he is (hopefully) more decisive and confident. I expect a bunch of assists, rebounds, steals and turnovers too. Him jump shot will remain a big issue because the form is so bad but that will keep him at uconn for another year. On defense he really needs to stop being so upright and stay down in a stance the entire possession. I think that high school habit will be behind him.

Reaction Score
I think Andre's defensive impact could be his biggest contribution if he can limit his propensity to foul. Making the other team work to get the ball in the frontcourt against pressure and traps that will at least limit the amount of time the opponent has to work for a good shot, while potentially turning them over a few times a game. Andre may not get a statistical steal, but bad pass or travel under pressure is just as useful. He'll get those 8 points and those assists by finishing what his defense might generate. I hope Hurley uses him at the point of pressure or with backcourt traps. Love to see Johnson and Whaley also part of those traps. Big and quick leads to less ability of opponents to fire sharp direct passes, and more time for other defenders to react and rotate. Let Akok or Sanogo protect the rim at the back end. (Not saying all 5 in the game at the same time)

Also would love a scheme to use Jackson against Nova guards that want to back down Cole, Gaffney, and Diggins.

Lastly, I'll take a Jackson setup pass to Hawkins in the half court. He found Polley a bunch.

Reaction Score
Dre had a very tough season. Virtually no off season practice because of injury followed by a broken wrist that limited his in season court time. Until we see him integrated into the offense it's difficult to know how much impact he can have. I suspect he will play a very large role in our success or failure.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
In order of likelihood...

6 rebounds
8 points
4 assists

Reaction Score
Honestly i have no clue on a projection. Im usually pretty good at getting a feel for what a kid is going to do by their soph year but with Ajax i have no idea. He could struggle with his shot again and not see the court much or he could start coming along and have a solid but not spectacular season orrrr he could explode on the scene and be out best player and last season was a total fluke because of all the unfavorable circumstances with injuries, canceled games and development intereference from covid.

Reaction Score

friends sleep GIF

Reaction Score
I think Dre is our best passer and obviously our most athletic player lol but 8-10ppg 5rbs 4asst I think would be a nice and reasonable jump for him. I think Jr. Yr Dre is an all BE and all around MONSTER
He is simultaneously our best and worst passer. He'll find a no look pass to a big for easy lay in, then follow it up with a one handed bounce pass out of bounds...if he can minimize the latter this year that'll be a big step

If he can play solid D, minimize TOs and stupid fouls, maximize high pct dunks and lay ups, and maybe sniff 30% from 3 I think that'd be a huge year for him. I agree Yr 3 is where the big jump in production is more likely

Reaction Score
He is simultaneously our best and worst passer. He'll find a no look pass to a big for easy lay in, then follow it up with a one handed bounce pass out of bounds...if he can minimize the latter this year that'll be a big step

If he can play solid D, minimize TOs and stupid fouls, maximize high pct dunks and lay ups, and maybe sniff 30% from 3 I think that'd be a huge year for him. I agree Yr 3 is where the big jump in production is more likely

Per 40 Ast/TO

Bouk: 2.3/3.5 = 0.7
RJ: 5.5/2.2 = 2.2
Gaff: 3.1/2.4 = 1.3
Adams: 3.0/1.7 = 1.8
AJ: 3.9/3.0 =1.3

He's actually not as far off I'd thought. cutting down the TOs will be key. Totally doable after an offseason. He was better tham all these guys A:TO as freshmen.

RJ was a really underrated plasser. He cut his TOs in half since his Howard days and still got 5.5 per 40.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Per 40 Ast/TO

Bouk: 2.3/3.5 = 0.7
RJ: 5.5/2.2 = 2.2
Gaff: 3.1/2.4 = 1.3
Adams: 3.0/1.7 = 1.8
AJ: 3.9/3.0 =1.3

He's actually not as far off I'd thought. cutting down the TOs will be key. Totally doable after an offseason. He was better tham all these guys A:TO as freshmen.

RJ was a really underrated plasser. He cut his TOs in half since his Howard days and still got 5.5 per 40.
When you think about Andre last season, how much of his lack of production do you put on the covid pauses and injuries? I always wonder what he would've done under normal circumstances.

Reaction Score
When you think about Andre last season, how much of his lack of production do you put on the covid pauses and injuries? I always wonder what he would've done under normal circumstances.

His biggest weaknesses offensively were shooting and getting to the rack--he wasn't fixing those mid season. I doubt he would score much more per 40.

I do think he would've improved on defense and with the TOs and earned more PT. That stuff can improve quick as kids adjust to the speed of high major ball.

Just speculation obviously. We'll never know.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Honestly i have no clue on a projection. Im usually pretty good at getting a feel for what a kid is going to do by their soph year but with Ajax i have no idea. He could struggle with his shot again and not see the court much or he could start coming along and have a solid but not spectacular season orrrr he could explode on the scene and be out best player and last season was a total fluke because of all the unfavorable circumstances with injuries, canceled games and development intereference from covid.
I feel like it's somewhere between solid or exploding onto the scene. My expectation is at least 10 points from looking at Stanley Robinson's sophomore year as another guy who was pretty much an athlete working on his scoring skills. If we want to really compete the my hope would be him exploding on the scene averaging 15. I mean he has all the tools to be so successful if he can just figure it out on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
We need to take better advantage of his best skill which is obviously passing. Put him on the floor with 4 guys who can score (Polley, Cole, Akok, and Sanogo) and let Jackson create easy shots for them. If Jackson doesn't average at least 5 assists in 2022 we are doing something wrong. A sophomore year where he averages 8 points, 5 assists, 5 boards would be a great year over year progression.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Those would be awesome numbers I’d sign up for right now because I’m pretty sure he’s going to have a high level of intangible contributions.

Reaction Score
AJ is so freaky athletic it is so hard to tell. Hoping for:

10 pts
5 rbs
6 apg

If he has refined his outside shooting from the long hours that is said to have been doing, watch out! These numbers can spike up, also needs to stay out of foul trouble, he has the tools. Defense I'm not as worried shooting is another story, that is key for him imo.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
AJ is so freaky athletic it is so hard to tell. Hoping for:

10 pts
5 rbs
6 apg

If he has refined his outside shooting from the long hours that is said to have been doing, watch out! These numbers can spike up, also needs to stay out of foul trouble, he has the tools. Defense I'm not as worried shooting is another story, that is key for him imo.

6 assists per game would have led the entire Big East conference last season.

Reaction Score
It all depends on the offense DH wants to run.

If he makes them plod along and slow it down like he did mid season when Bouk was out…I don’t expect much

If DH let’s them run and play fast I don’t think 10+ ppg is u reasonable as AJ should have no trouble finishing in transition

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom