Andre Jackson making fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson making fans

Reaction Score
His release has quickened exponentially. Less time for him to think about things. His jumper looks smooth.

I really can't believe how fast this change occurred, but then again, we're talking about Andre Jackson Jr. here!

Can't wait to see the All-Rookie First team award he'll be sharing with Hawkins in about 7 months time.
Also his head is up and looking at rim.

Reaction Score

Hes a tremendous physical talent and a hard worker. He will succeed in the NBA. He`ll just need time but when it all comes together for him hes going to be fun to watch especially if they make him a primary pg.

Reaction Score
His release has quickened exponentially. Less time for him to think about things. His jumper looks smooth.

I really can't believe how fast this change occurred, but then again, we're talking about Andre Jackson Jr. here!

Can't wait to see the All-Rookie First team award he'll be sharing with Hawkins in about 7 months time.
He had 1 very nice looking shot like that last year that had me asking on here why he couldn't do that all the time. Check out this 3 against Delaware St.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He went 2-8 from 3 btw. Shooting is still something he needs vast improvement on if he’s gonna see significant NBA minutes.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
no subscription needed to read this

"Everyone on the floor should be a threat, and when you're open, you shoot it," Bucks head coach Adrian Griffin said.

"I think 'Dre is really progressing well. Just love his energy and defense, his attention to detail, crashing the offensive boards and playing extremely hard out there. He works hard on his shot and it's good to see him some of the rewards. I know it's early on, it's a long season, I know he's not where he wants to be, but the work is. His attitude and the way he approaches his craft everyday of trying to get a little bit better and it was encouraging to see his first open three, he took it, nailed it, made another tough shot. I'm going to continue to encourage him to take those shots because you just gotta take what the defense gives you. When you turn down those shots it's when you look back, driving into traffic, driving into the help and then it's hard. Very rarely do you get a better shot in the NBA. He's learning and it's one thing I'm constantly in his ear (about) -- if you're open, let it fly."

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Love the work he's putting in, and all the other things besides shooting are what makes you love him.

I will say...his shot looks decently smooth, it's still odd and not great. But it's getting there.

I can never understand why he feels comfortable shooting how he does. To me, it's natural to grab the ball, start somewhere in your midsection and then release above your eyes. I guess I just can't figure out how it's even comfortable for a great player and athlete to shoot how he does. Just me personally.

Reaction Score
I have looked at every box score the Pelicans, Bucks and Bulls have played. Jackson just like he did for us is doing the same thing at the next level. The Bucks got a steal getting him where they did. Too bad the only people who truly believed that pre draft were mostly found here on the BY.
If he shot like that last year, he would have been an easy lottery pick.

Reaction Score
If Andre gets his shot right. He will be starter for a long time. He will have Josh Giddey /Igudola type of impact. Perfect next to a ball dominant high scoring guard.

Reaction Score
Love the work he's putting in, and all the other things besides shooting are what makes you love him.

I will say...his shot looks decently smooth, it's still odd and not great. But it's getting there.

I can never understand why he feels comfortable shooting how he does. To me, it's natural to grab the ball, start somewhere in your midsection and then release above your eyes. I guess I just can't figure out how it's even comfortable for a great player and athlete to shoot how he does. Just me personally.

It's super strange. It's not even like a push where you figure they just never outgrew bad middle school shooting habits. He really just has no idea how a shot is supposed to feel in your hands.

Which is crazy because his feel for the game passing and dribbling in the open court are ridiculously advanced.

He's an enigma.

Reaction Score
Hurley said they wanted to rework his shot, but made a conscious decision to not touch his shot last year because he had shot 36% his sophomore year and was shooting well in practice.
His form looks much better. Mid season is probably a difficult time to make big changes to form. He probably worked on improving form all summer. Players who work hard usually improve their form and short percentage quite a bit after going pro. I hope he cracks the rotation. It is really hard for a non lottery pick the get a chance … but if he gets a shot to play I think he will impress and excite the fans.

Reaction Score
If he shot like that last year we would have won the Big East.
He shot 25% from three last night, and is at 20% throughout the preseason. He was at 28% last season at UConn

The form looks better and it's clear he's been in the gym, but he still has a lot of practice and development to get to a good level. Hopefully he can train his way into at least 33-35%. I think that will be the threshold to be considered a good enough 3P percentage

Reaction Score
Andre will figure it out but he’s shooting 20% from 3 in the preseason. He will still outperform some first rounders though even without the 3

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
My daughter and I watched the first 2 episodes of In the Paint. Her comments were that Solo looks like a linebacker (in a good way - I think she already has a crush on him), and "I can't believe Andre's not on our team any more". And, yeah, I'm talking about the kid in my avatar...time flies.

Reaction Score
It's super strange. It's not even like a push where you figure they just never outgrew bad middle school shooting habits. He really just has no idea how a shot is supposed to feel in your hands.

Which is crazy because his feel for the game passing and dribbling in the open court are ridiculously advanced.

He's an enigma.
I love the guy but his form looks like he learned how to shoot by playing Double Dribble on Nintendo.

Reaction Score
He shot 25% from three last night, and is at 20% throughout the preseason. He was at 28% last season at UConn

The form looks better and it's clear he's been in the gym, but he still has a lot of practice and development to get to a good level. Hopefully he can train his way into at least 33-35%. I think that will be the threshold to be considered a good enough 3P percentage
My BE comment was really referring to how the conference would not guard him on the 3 point line.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He still brings the ball down to his waist. And it is still a push. But his release looks higher with a better follow through.
And he is still releasing the ball as he is still going up. Not at the apex of his jump. Which means he can only take totally uncontested jump shots because he will not be able to get it off while being covered. But he will evolve and he brings so much more to the table this I think is not anything that will hold him back.

Reaction Score
And he is still releasing the ball as he is still going up. Not at the apex of his jump. Which means he can only take totally uncontested jump shots because he will not be able to get it off while being covered. But he will evolve and he brings so much more to the table this I think is not anything that will hold him back.
If he's open he needs to shoot, but he isn't on the court to take contested jump shots.

Reaction Score
Because he takes the ball so low he has to have his left hand on the front of the ball (otherwise gravity would do it's thing) so he has to try to release his left hand outwards at the exact right time. Accidentally paused the video at the perfect time to see it haha

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom