Andre Jackson making fans | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson making fans

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I have looked at every box score the Pelicans, Bucks and Bulls have played. Jackson just like he did for us is doing the same thing at the next level. The Bucks got a steal getting him where they did. Too bad the only people who truly believed that pre draft were mostly found here on the BY.

Reaction Score
I’m going to make a point here, and it has nothing to do with Andre but everything to do with the Boneyard. In discussions on Flagg, we are hearing again and again how Duke didn’t do enough to improve Filipowski’s shot, and it reflects not on the player but on the coaching staff’s ability to improve players. Here, we’re pleased (as am I) that Andre, whose shot improved not nearly enough in 3 years in UConn, suddenly looks like he has a stroke after a few months of someone else’s coaching

The point is only that a little more rational thought wouldn’t kill us every now and then. Sometimes, a staff does everything it can do and a player just doesn’t improve in something because of the player. (And yes, it’s like I don’t know us at all any more.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The point is only that a little more rational thought wouldn’t kill us every now and then.
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

(In any event, maybe it's OK to just feel happy about the good things happening to Jackson without worrying how consistent it is? He was a good player for us and is genuinely a really good kid.)

Reaction Score
I’m going to make a point here, and it has nothing to do with Andre but everything to do with the Boneyard. In discussions on Flagg, we are hearing again and again how Duke didn’t do enough to improve Filipowski’s shot, and it reflects not on the player but on the coaching staff’s ability to improve players. Here, we’re pleased (as am I) that Andre, whose shot improved not nearly enough in 3 years in UConn, suddenly looks like he has a stroke after a few months of someone else’s coaching

The point is only that a little more rational thought wouldn’t kill us every now and then. Sometimes, a staff does everything it can do and a player just doesn’t improve in something because of the player. (And yes, it’s like I don’t know us at all any more.)
Hurley said they wanted to rework his shot, but made a conscious decision to not touch his shot last year because he had shot 36% his sophomore year and was shooting well in practice.

Reaction Score
Hurley said they wanted to rework his shot, but made a conscious decision to not touch his shot last year because he had shot 36% his sophomore year and was shooting well in practice.

The risk is much higher with rebuilding a shot at the college level. Way less practice time and 1:1 coaching, plus the coaches are really generalists. Working as much as you want (no NCAA rules) with a full-time skills trainer who doesn't concern themselves with recruiting, roster management, etc. is bound to produce better results.

We needed Andre to shoot a bit last year so rebuilding a shot wasn't a good idea... if he doesn't take a 3 all season with the Bucks, it isn't going to make or break their team at all. This is the PERFECT time to rebuild his shot from the ground up before the team starts to rely on him for big minutes.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I'm going to get roasted for this but last season I said I saw elements of Curry's release in Andre's shot. Looks more so now with the way he fakes, steps aside and shoots in that video.
1697632076829.gif

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I was so dissapointed when the Celtics didn't take AJ as they had the 35th draft pick and took Julian Phillips from Tennessee instead of Jackson.
Totally agree and at the time had just gotten rid of their former NBA defensive player of the year. At the same time though, the C’s like to stash their lower draft picks in Maine and they have a really hard time getting out of there.

Reaction Score

There are a number of guys who had questionable jumpers in college that developed into serviceable shooters in the NBA. Basketball being a full-time job changes things.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'm going to get roasted for this but last season I said I saw elements of Curry's release in Andre's shot. Looks more so now with the way he fakes, steps aside and shoots in that video.
Steph or Eddy?

Reaction Score
Absolutely love Andre's ability to impact all facets of a basketball game and I'm not surprised at all that it's starting to translate. Him taking 13 shots in 20 minutes is kind of a surprise, but it's still preseason, and the Bucks probably want him to keep working out some of the kinks. I do think he's at his best when he lets the game come to him offensively, but Andre has forgotten more about basketball since he was drafted in June than I will ever know.

I also love how obvious it is that a lot of the guys on the Bucks, including Dame and Giannis, are encouraging him to feel confident in his game right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Duke is lucky to have you.

Reaction Score
It's like you don't know us at all anymore.

(In any event, maybe it's OK to just feel happy about the good things happening to Jackson without worrying how consistent it is? He was a good player for us and is genuinely a really good kid.)
LOL. I said that (in part to beat you to it). And of course I'm happy for Jackson and want him to succeed. But it can't be that shooters not coming along at UConn means they're not good shooters and shooters not coming along at Duke means the coaches suck.

Reaction Score
His release has quickened exponentially. Less time for him to think about things. His jumper looks smooth.

I really can't believe how fast this change occurred, but then again, we're talking about Andre Jackson Jr. here!

Can't wait to see the All-Rookie First team award he'll be sharing with Hawkins in about 7 months time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom