Andre Jackson could easily rise up to late lottery prospect next year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson could easily rise up to late lottery prospect next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Andre could return to UConn and could easily sustain a really bad injury crippling his chances if ever playing in the NBA.

A lot of things "could easily" happen in the future.

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's not going to become a lottery pick. It's been 3 years and he's still not a shooter. I suppose it's possible he suddenly has a nice looking jump shot, but then it's possible that Ana D'Armas wants to date one of you.

If he's a first round pick he needs to go. If he's even a lock 2nd round pick, he should seriously consider it.

Reaction Score
Some fair points, though I disagree about Sanogo (he was right to go). I do believe Andre can improve his shooting and slashing to the basket and become a sure 1st rounder even with some incremental improvement.

Idk if he should go pro, idk if he should stay. Whatever he decides though, appears is going to be done with input from family, friends, and most importantly basketball professionals. Only exception I take to the “nuanced opinions” on this topic are the finite stances on what he should do, when in my opinion he’s doing what he should be doin now. Gathering information, reviewing it with his family, making an educated decision

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Andre could return to UConn and could easily sustain a really bad injury crippling his chances if ever playing in the NBA.

A lot of things "could easily" happen in the future.
If you go outside you could break your leg, you could be attacked by a bear if you go into your backyard.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AJax and Newton will be back or in Europe next season. Sanogo would be happy if he is chosen in the last 10 picks of the second round. Not being negative just stating what Ihave been reading the past 3 weeks in many opinion pieces on the upcoming draft and in many mocks. AS could find himself being picked ny a team who appreciates his work ethic and would wait for him to develop a mid range game. I wish he had done so last summer.
I would be elated if all 3 would get that draft call.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don’t do that. Don’t ever do that.

Y'all are missing the point.

Lots of things, good or bad, could "easy happen".

If you try to make a plan for success by mitigating or avoiding everything that could "easily happen" leads to paralysis through analysis.

Andre shouldn't decide to go or stay based off hypotheticals of what could "easily happen". For every best case scenario there's a worst case scenario.

Reaction Score
he got the crown

he’s a pro, depends what team needs his skill set. he’s an athletic draymond

sixers!

Reaction Score
Never forget that most of the people on this forum were yelling at Thabeet for turning pro and that he needed another year to further develop.

Thabeet was drafted 2nd, tying the UConn record for highest draft pick ever (Okafor, 2004). Upon being drafted, his initial contract set him for life (3yr/14m). He made almost 17m over 6 years in the NBA before going overseas where he added to his bag. He’s still playing 10 years after leaving the NBA it seems.

People label him a bust, but he secured his bag, and had he stayed for his senior year he likely would have fallen in the draft, risked injury, and almost certainly lost out on a lot of that guaranteed money slotted for the 2nd pick. He maxed out what he could have earned in the NBA by leaving at the right time.

Not every player gets better staying another year and the draft is extremely unkind to seniors. NIL can now change this dynamic (especially the women’s game where Caitlyn Clark, Paige Buekers, etc are making way more in school than they will playing pro) but Andre should go and never look back (unless some rich booster is going to give him 3 million). The 30th pick in the first round is guaranteed 3yr/4m on the scale IIRC.

If you’re a lock for the first round or if your stock is as high as it can be (this is Andre), you go. The fact Andre is a junior weighs heavily in this, if he were a freshman this last year then staying would certainly be on the table.

Reaction Score
Never forget that most of the people on this forum were yelling at Thabeet for turning pro and that he needed another year to further develop.

Thabeet was drafted 2nd, tying the UConn record for highest draft pick ever (Okafor, 2004). Upon being drafted, his initial contract set him for life (3yr/14m). He made almost 17m over 6 years in the NBA before going overseas where he added to his bag. He’s still playing 10 years after leaving the NBA it seems.

People label him a bust, but he secured his bag, and had he stayed for his senior year he likely would have fallen in the draft, risked injury, and almost certainly lost out on a lot of that guaranteed money slotted for the 2nd pick. He maxed out what he could have earned in the NBA by leaving at the right time.

Not every player gets better staying another year and the draft is extremely unkind to seniors. NIL can now change this dynamic (especially the women’s game where Caitlyn Clark, Paige Buekers, etc are making way more in school than they will playing pro) but Andre should go and never look back (unless some rich booster is going to give him 3 million). The 30th pick in the first round is guaranteed 3yr/4m on the scale IIRC.

If you’re a lock for the first round or if your stock is as high as it can be (this is Andre), you go. The fact Andre is a junior weighs heavily in this, if he were a freshman this last year then staying would certainly be on the table.
No one in their right mind would be saying he should stay if he was projected lottery. You're comparing him with a guy who went #2 OVERALL. What if he doesn't have a 1st round promise? Don't you think he could get $2mil in NIL next year alone? If he improved his drives to the basket and slightly improved his jumper I don't think the NBA will ding him for coming out 1 year older, I think his role and ability to play right away would be much more defined.

Reaction Score

Weird example, Hasheem is one of the all-time busts. Hopefully he has tons of money put away but as Calhoun always said it's all about that second contract.

No clue why you're bringing up women's basketball. The WNBA loses money, the NBA makes over 10 billion dollars.

Reaction Score
If you go outside you could break your leg, you could be attacked by a bear if you go into your backyard.
Some of us live in Florida, think Gators in our canals and iguanas falling out of trees when it’s cold.

Reaction Score
Andre has extremely valuable skills that just can’t be taught but fortunately for him the skill he’s lacking in ( shooting ) can most definitely be taught. He’ll be fine with whatever he decides. He’s got an amazing future ahead of him.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's not going to become a lottery pick. It's been 3 years and he's still not a shooter. I suppose it's possible he suddenly has a nice looking jump shot, but then it's possible that Ana D'Armas wants to date one of you.

If he's a first round pick he needs to go. If he's even a lock 2nd round pick, he should seriously consider it.
The shooter is Husky Hawkins HuskyHawk!

Reaction Score
AJax and Newton will be back or in Europe next season. Sanogo would be happy if he is chosen in the last 10 picks of the second round. Not being negative just stating what Ihave been reading the past 3 weeks in many opinion pieces on the upcoming draft and in many mocks. AS could find himself being picked ny a team who appreciates his work ethic and would wait for him to develop a mid range game. I wish he had done so last summer.
I would be elated if all 3 would get that draft call.
I am not saying you are wrong about Adama draft slot but if that’s true I think the teams are really undervaluing him. He can play and produce.

I could also see Andre easily working his way into the first round, if not this year next year.

Tristen is not as a unique player as the above two. But, would benefit from another year of college stuffing the boxscore categories except turnovers.

Reaction Score
Unlikely that Jackson would improve his draft position much with one more year.

That is fanciful. He is what he is. He needs to show he can be effective in the pro game, which means he needs to oaky pro ball right now.

I think him in the late 29s early 30s is a good spot. Maybe athleticism gets him to 20.

But, in reality, he is a long way off from being a major contributor at nba level. He needs summer league and G League minutes.

Preferably, as a high second rounder on a 3 year guaranteed deal.

Reaction Score
Guys. Jackson is getting drafted if he stays in. The later the pick, the less risk. He is a perfect second rounder. I would give his return at less than 10%.

Newton probably more than 50%. Wasn’t invited to chicago. He is a fringe second rounder, for whatever reason, and could be staring at g league As an exhibit 10 player (.training camp invite).

Reaction Score
Guys. Jackson is getting drafted if he stays in. The later the pick, the less risk. He is a perfect second rounder. I would give his return at less than 10%.

Newton probably more than 50%. Wasn’t invited to chicago. He is a fringe second rounder, for whatever reason, and could be staring at g league As an exhibit 10 player (.training camp invite).

I don’t think there’s been a single person on this board to suggest that Andre wouldn’t be a second round pick this year if he stays in. Everyone knows that he would be so I don’t know why you keep acting like you’re breaking news.

You’re the only one talking about getting picked in the second round like it’s some kind of winning lottery ticket.

Your percentages are just made up nonsense. You have no idea where he is in his decision-making. If he was just looking for a guarantee that he’s getting picked 55th overall he probably wouldn’t be holding open the door to coming back.

Reaction Score
Weird example, Hasheem is one of the all-time busts. Hopefully he has tons of money put away but as Calhoun always said it's all about that second contract.

No clue why you're bringing up women's basketball. The WNBA loses money, the NBA makes over 10 billion dollars.
As Calhoun said and you reminded us of, it is all about the second contract. I sometimes get frustrated driving that point home to those who just have a one year time horizon. That is absolutely a wrong way to look at any career.

Reaction Score
Y'all are missing the point.

Lots of things, good or bad, could "easy happen".

If you try to make a plan for success by mitigating or avoiding everything that could "easily happen" leads to paralysis through analysis.

Andre shouldn't decide to go or stay based off hypotheticals of what could "easily happen". For every best case scenario there's a worst case scenario.
What you are posting about rarely happens. Not never but rarely. It's just a bad and obviously negative post.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie.
Whatever sanogo, Jackson and Newton decide it’s a hell of a lot better then conference calls, PowerPoint and spreadsheets.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read that Andre's preference is to return but if he's guaranteed a first round selection Hurley believes he should go.

I don't see him remaining in the draft if it looks like a second round selection.

Reaction Score
As Calhoun said and you reminded us of, it is all about the second contract. I sometimes get frustrated driving that point home to those who just have a one year time horizon. That is absolutely a wrong way to look at any career.
Calhoun is absolutely, wildly wrong and that quote was always his worst one. That first contract changes your life forever. That’s all that matters. Everything else after is gravy and the average NBA career is what, 3 years? Most NBA players NEVER see a second contract.

Remember when Calipari told one of his players to go, they got drafted mid to late first round and then discovered a medical issue that forced him to retire (I can’t recall the name)? That guaranteed contract set him for life, had he returned he would be broke. All that talk about a second contract is preposterous given the risks of injury,etc.

Andre could get drafted 30th, be guaranteed 3yr/4M plus endorsements and he’s set. The first pick is guaranteed 3/14m I believe.

Now The NIL is now a huge wildcard for the fringe first rounders/second rounders/undraftables because if you can make 500k-1M or more while returning to school instead of the G league or overseas it can now make financial sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom