Andre Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Andre Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
Didn't see one today, but he played exactly how team needs him to play going forward. 15 pts 10 boards 3 assists (with some guys bobbling passes that were good passes and not on Andre).

Was great coming off the baseline. Dunked. Aggressive takes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I still think the perfect number of threes he takes in a game is zero, but he had a layup in transition in the second half that maybe no one else in college could have converted. He was just in the air an impossibly long period of time.

Reaction Score
Didn't see one today, but he played exactly how team needs him to play going forward. 15 pts 10 boards 3 assists (with some guys bobbling passes that were good passes and not on Andre).

Was great coming off the baseline. Dunked. Aggressive takes.

Agreed. He needs to stop shooting 3s at all and it would've been perfect. When he's aggressive attacking the rim in transition, we're at our best.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
After the first few minutes of the game our approach with him and his play was very good. I still would like to see a few offensive possessions with Sanogo in the free throw circle, AJ parked under the basket and the other three spaced outside the three point circle.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Having him in the dunker spot and the attacking the rim in transition works really well with him.

That layup in transition at the end might’ve been the first time he could’ve dumped it off to somebody (Sanogo) and chose to take it himself instead. Would love to keep seeing that because he should be the best transition player on the team.

Reaction Score
I still think the perfect number of threes he takes in a game is zero, but he had a layup in transition in the second half that maybe no one else in college could have converted. He was just in the air an impossibly long period of time.
I remember Dr. J scoring on that move. Don’t remember seeing others do it.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
That layup was scary good. Sweetest basket of his UConn career, in my opinion. On the other hand, his first three point attempt of the game may have been the ugliest shot of his UConn career. Ball came off his palm and the heel of his hand, and had zero spin. Hit the rim like a rock.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I called this in another thread. I will say this I want him to take one open three. When he is wide open. If he makes it then he does not shoot another the rest of the day. He can screen use headfakes like his might shoot and make good passes. Just good passes and that drive and finger roll that was really nice.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Looks like he is finding some alternatives to that J. Hurley talked about him finding his spots. I can't imagine the amount of good coaching is going into AJs offensive game

Reaction Score
Having him in the dunker spot and the attacking the rim in transition works really well with him.

That layup in transition at the end might’ve been the first time he could’ve dumped it off to somebody (Sanogo) and chose to take it himself instead. Would love to keep seeing that because he should be the best transition player on the team.
He should be the best transition player in the league. You can’t stop him at full throttle

Reaction Score
Agreed. He needs to stop shooting 3s at all and it would've been perfect. When he's aggressive attacking the rim in transition, we're at our best.
I was just telling AZ they play so far off him just take the 10-15 footer floater like Jeremy Lamb . A made 2 pointer is better than a missed 3 .
They at least have to step out some taking away the double on Newton.or at least giving him a lane .
Shooting blanks from 20 feet and allowing your man to clog the lane bog the entire offense down .

Reaction Score

You may be right, but this team would really benefit a lot if he could make a couple of threes each game. However, I prefer he not even attempt a 3-pointer until he scored a couple times from close range and is on a high. Then if he misses it won't be so deflating for him. I really like it when he loiters near the basket looking for low hanging fruit. Wouldn't mind seeing him post up occasionally too.

Reaction Score
He looks like he can dunk it from anywhere on the court when he is heading full speed to the rim.

Reaction Score
Him playing on the baseline/dunkers spot seems to be the best spot for him. It stopped Creighton from being able to double in our first matchup. And today it led to 5 easy points on layups/dunks/and1. I don't remember the game, but there was another time this season where Newton drove and threw up an alley oop to Andre who was running the baseline

There were times he was alone at the 3 point line, and there were times that he gave in to the temptation to shoot. A few errant passes, a few good passes that guys just couldn't handle. Otherwise, a great game in my opinion. He's so good when he can grab the board and lead a fast break, and it's visibly obvious that he's having a lot more fun when he can do that instead of being parked on the 3 point line.

He needed that one. Great game Andre!

Reaction Score
The thing I liked most about the transition lay-up is that's normally where he pulls up with that gross floater. Lay-up was sweet. I was ok with the three's he took. I think one was at the end of the shot clock. Glad they used him for a handoff screen with his defender just sitting in the pain in no mans land. I think it was Richmond. Led to a nice 3 if I remember. Great game for AJ. Onwards and upwards.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Would have been a loss without him today. Can’t say that about any other games lately. He did some nice things out there. Good effort

Reaction Score
Thought it was a great bounce-back game for him.. Aside from the crazy dunks/boards/great D.. Went to the hole (attacked it) and laid it up with a gentle finger role for two.. And I said to myself.. Bro.. That play has been there all year for you.. Keep doin' it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom