Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Seton Hall [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter to Seton Hall [merged thread]

Reaction Score
It is very interesting that she was a starter on a team that did all of that, but she struggled last year and wouldn't have seen many minutes this year. I wonder how many times that's happened before.
Either the coach is wrong or AEH is wrong.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Looks like Seton Hall likes the diaper look.
Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but i despise that look. There is zero reason to do it, except to say "look at me. Check out my legs etc." I'm so glad UCONN doesn't allow any of their players to roll up their shorts that way. I wish more coaches would tell their players to knock it off.

As a side note, I wish her well - I hope she's happy and successful there. Unless they play UCONN. Then I hope it's an epic beat-down, Aubrey guards her and blocks 5 of her shots, and she scores 0 points in the drubbing. ;)

Reaction Score
I wonder how much AEH had to give Danielle Robinson, for her to give up that # 2 jersey at Seton Hall ???

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Are you referring to the Danielle Robinson formally of the San Ant Silver Stars, and currently of the LV Aces? That Danielle Robinson went to Oklahoma, not Seton Hall.
No. The reference is to a Jersey Girl.

Reaction Score
Are you referring to the Danielle Robinson formally of the San Antonio Silver Stars, and currently of the LV Aces? That Danielle Robinson went to Oklahoma, not Seton Hall.

This "Danielle Robinson"
1606597750135.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, this girl and/or her handlers, have greatly overvalued her talent and abilities. She came to UConn knowing full well (or at least should have known) that the team's playing rotation was going to be extremely hard to crack as a freshman. Yet, she was immediately disgruntled and obviously did nothing in practice to improve her position. She got lucky at Miss. St. as the starter in front of her got injured allowing her to become a starter. Actually as I recall, she did pretty well and was praised for her ability to hit 3s. However, the next year she was again outside the playing rotation and got little time on the court. When a player losses a starting role (and isn't injured) and hardly gets to play the next season it generally has more to do with attitude than ability.Players with a history of transferring (probably beginning in grade school) are more than likely to be problems at every level going forward.
I'm afraid I can't cosign most of that. Specifically the part about her becoming "immediately disgruntled".
I also would disagree that the rotation would have been extremely hard for her to crack as a freshman. UCONN "desperately" needed a 3rd guard to be part of the rotation once Saniya graduated. AEH IMO had the best chance of being that third guard as a freshman. I believe someone pointed out that AEH could have been contending for a starting spot once Kia graduated had she stayed at UCONN for a sophomore season.
When Bibby got hurt at MSU she stepped in and had a fairly good season, so let's not take that away from her. She did shoot 40% from deep for MSU-that being the SEC you can probably understand why the MSU fans would want to build her a statue. If she shot 40% from deep at UCONN she would have been competing with Molly Bent for mop up minutes.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I’m wrong, but AEH only began starting for MS St after Bibby went down with an injury?

One of the things that I noticed about AEH is that she is a high volume shooter that needs her minutes and shots to get into an offensive flow. Two years ago she got those minutes. This past year, as a marginally used reserve, she never looked quite comfortable with her shot.

Yes, she took over for Bibby after she was injured. Bibby was able to fit more into the offense the next year because she was able to play the 4 and rebound. AEH never looked like she fit last year, and I do wonder if some of that was not getting enough minutes to get into a flow.

Reaction Score
Goodbye, AEH. She was really beloved in Starkville and based on what I'm seeing here, she's a real enigma at UConn as well. We all enjoyed her in that year with McCowan when she shot her way through the SEC. Was a part of a team that swept the entire conference to an 18-1 record - one of the most dominating SEC teams in recent memory.

Unfortunately, we all know by now that she's not a starter on a Top 6 team (based on the current AP rankings) - and those being her first 2 destinations in college she was in for it when she aims that high.

Hopefully I'll see her at one of her games next year. (I heard our main Bulldog expert say she's eligible starting only next year) I lived 10 miles from South Orange before Covid.
I also wish Andi well, at MSST she appeared to be an ideal teammate. Gave max effort and was a team player. She just did not have Enough confidence in her shooting and was very limited in playing time due to the lack of confidence.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm just an old fuddy duddy, but i despise that look. There is zero reason to do it, except to say "look at me. Check out my legs etc." I'm so glad UCONN doesn't allow any of their players to roll up their shorts that way. I wish more coaches would tell their players to knock it off.

As a side note, I wish her well - I hope she's happy and successful there. Unless they play UCONN. Then I hope it's an epic beat-down, Aubrey guards her and blocks 5 of her shots, and she scores 0 points in the drubbing. ;)

Looks like a diaper with the absorbent liner removed. I'm with you @EricLA ... looks hideous. Another uniform tweak that bugs me, though to a lesser extent, is players constantly fiddling with their jersey straps. Skylar Diggins turned that into quite the habit.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not to take anything away from AEH thus far in her college career, I hope she finishes things off well at Seton Hall, but the best I saw her play was as an eighth grader at Ossining. She was an exceptionally consistent and accurate outside shooter. She was a favorite target for Saniya who would regularly drive to the basket and draw multiple defenders then pass out to Andra or into a post - unless of course she finished herself, which happened quite often. As an eighth grader, Andra was a valuable piece of Ossining's first championship. If she didn't transfer the very next year, I believe the coach would have built his offense around her. Perhaps she felt with Saniya's graduation the teams success would falter but that ended up not being the case. Andra's main fault most likely has not been lack of talent but rather patience. If she had stuck it out at both Ossining and UCONN through her graduations, her prospects for a pro career and the number of championships that she had been a part of would both be greater.

Reaction Score
She has had a "bumpy" career in women's college basketball and I am sure some regrets. I wish her well and hope that she makes good use of her graduate studies year to get something good for future outside of basketball. 63 posts illustrates that the folks out here are bored as to give that many posts to this subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I have no problem with Edwards transfer. Edwards wanted PT right away and she confronted Geno about it before the second semester of her freshman year. She did get PT right away at USC and had a nice career there, but it certainly would have been interesting had she stayed and put in the work at UConn.

Edwards was a superb athlete with a big upside. She was the 2nd ranked UConn recruit in her class behind Gabby. 4 years at UConn might have landed her in the pros. As it is, Edwards has landed a nice AC job at Indiana and I assume she’s happy.
I didn’t that. Good for her.

I try to watch the Hoosiers as they have a big kid from Maine.

Reaction Score
Ya think?

Could it be that many want to see a GENO vs. AEH Match Up on the court, which now can be a reality, given that she is now at Seton Hall (with everyone kind of knowing the 'history' between the 2)?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Could it be that many want to see a GENO vs. AEH Match Up on the court, which now can be a reality, given that she is now at Seton Hall (with everyone kind of knowing the 'history' between the 2)?
Geno moves surprisingly well for a 66 year old man, but I don’t think he would be able to match up with AEH one on one......:cool:

Reaction Score
Geno moves surprisingly well for a 66 year old man, but I don’t think he would be able to match up with AEH one on one......:cool:

I could see some jawing and trash talking between the 2 on the court during the game (yes, with Geno coming from the sidelines). [Imagine Geno in one of those SHU Style Uniforms that AEH was wearing in her Twitter post the other day ?? - OH MY !!]

Reaction Score
I don't. I wish her well but she is quite the vagabond.
She departed Ossining for Blair Academy and then returned to Ossining for her senior year.
Upon her departure from UCONN she expressed regret at not taking her time to visit some other schools in the recruiting process and was to enroll in community college to further her education. She did neither.
Upon her departure from Mississippi State her stated reason was "due to COVID-19 concerns" and she said that she would be "cheering for Mississippi State". 3 Colleges and 2 HS in case anyone is keep track.

I thought she graduated 12 years ago...Lol. It seems like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom