Andra Espinoza-Hunter considering six schools for transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter considering six schools for transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I agree, for some players like EDD that left to be close to her sister or Butler that gave it her all, worked her tail off and just wanted to play significant minutes in her final season I totally understand and am pulling for them. However, players that simply quit on the team and their teammates and are unwilling to make the sacrifices needed, I just don't get it. Honestly, I couldn't care less about their futures, as Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank would say "They are dead to me".

That is harsh. WCBB is just a sport, not life and death. UConn is not for everyone. Why is it so hard to understand? They are just kids finding their way. How many people are divorced nowadays?

Reaction Score
But the list includes Louisville, not one of the more stellar academic institutions.

I wrote that it appears that she is looking at either/both academics and top-tier WBB program.
We know Louisville's academic standing. Thanks.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
Actually it depends on where you come from, if you are from the South, most Mid Atlantic, and many Midwest states it's South Carolina.

Probably true, except for the Midwest, which is primarily Big 10 Conference territory where the USC Trojans are an archenemy that the schools used to play against perennially in the Rose Bowl.

Reaction Score
I agree, for some players like EDD that left to be close to her sister or Butler that gave it her all, worked her tail off and just wanted to play significant minutes in her final season I totally understand and am pulling for them. However, players that simply quit on the team and their teammates and are unwilling to make the sacrifices needed, I just don't get it. Honestly, I couldn't care less about their futures, as Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank would say "They are dead to me".

Absolutely! Well said.

Reaction Score
A variety of opinions on this one.
Any guesses by anyone who Andi is not dead too who she goes with?

Reaction Score
Oh my, AEH just a kid who got into trouble at UConn, Let's hope she gets past it and has a great basketball career, as long as she misses the 3-ptr. in the final seconds of the NC game against UConn.:D

Reaction Score
remember that Ossining is home to Aubrey Griffin, a highly regarded 2019 recruit who has visited UConn already............AEH's transfer saga may very well have a negative impact............no reason to pile on an 18 year old who apparently made a bad decision.............

Reaction Score
Isn't AEH the player who, "committed" to UConn when she was in junior high? That would have made her, what, about fourteen or thereabouts? If so I find it ineffably sad that a young woman would have for years idolized this program, the coach, the players and put in the hours and effort to get invited to the big show only to have it play out like this. And with this latest - dare I say Shakespearian twist she's considering throwing her lot in with one of her dream team's arch rivals. She swore, in faith 'twas strange, 'twas passing strange.

Reaction Score
Actually it depends on where you come from, if you are from the South, most Mid Atlantic, and many Midwest states it's South Carolina.
I'm born and raised kn the Mid Atlantic and pretty much everyone would say USC is in CA.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine any young lady having a tougher time than Saniya Chong, who attended the same high school as AEH and now plays in the WNBA and in Israel. I give her a lot of credit for sticking it out when the going was tough, and it was tough for three years.

Reaction Score
Ask any Division 1 College Football fan outside of South Carolina and they will say University of Southern California. USC has 2 WCBB NC to SC 1 NC.

Reaction Score
Oh my, AEH just a kid who got into trouble at UConn, Let's hope she gets past it and has a great basketball career, as long as she misses the 3-ptr. in the final seconds of the NC game against UConn.:D
I predict she Never plays in the NC game!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Isn't AEH the player who, "committed" to UConn when she was in junior high? That would have made her, what, about fourteen or thereabouts? If so I find it ineffably sad that a young woman would have for years idolized this program, the coach, the players and put in the hours and effort to get invited to the big show only to have it play out like this. And with this latest - dare I say Shakespearian twist she's considering throwing her lot in with one of her dream team's arch rivals. She swore, in faith 'twas strange, 'twas passing strange.

Which school is that?

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
If I'm being honest with myself, I will miss Andra Espinoza-Hunter. I truly thought, had she stayed with the program that Her and Megan Walker, would have provided a tandem in later years similar to Pheesa and Lou, both pushing each other and battling for individual honors on the team, but now we shall never know..

Not quite sure why the change of heart, but this was a young lady who was very enthusiastic about the idea of playing at UCONN, I do remember however seeing a tweet early on last year along the lines of "Need someone I can talk to on a daily basis" which I thought was rather strange at the time..
But brushed it off after hearing her talk with reporters as the season progressed and watching her play, she actually at times looked more comfortable on the court than most of the freshman class. So her opting to transfer this early considering her progress Just seems odd, but such is life, and we may never learn the reasoning behind it all :)

AEH have posted before about being really good Friends with Jayda Adams, who I believe is attending Duke, so that might explain why Duke is listed as a school of interest.. If she landed at Mississipi State, that would be quite interesting considering what occurred in the final four last year.. Can you Imagine? Oh well, where ever she goes, she has the potential to contribute meaningful minutes, that is if she can put this ordeal behind her.. Good Luck and health young lady!! I am selfishly disappointed you won't be here with us, but hold no grudge.. Because Geno said in speaking on why Kids transfer, that all the kids Uconn recruit are outstanding individuals (good kids) so that says a lot and is enough for me to continue supporting her efforts from a distance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22