And here we go.... | Page 6 | The Boneyard

And here we go....

Reaction Score
C'mon, the schools in Alabama are a means of developing the state.

Reaction Score
Unreal. So Big Ten pays better?

Dude's mullet should be a hit in Ohio.

No, Texas just ruled that HS players can’t profit off NIL until they are no longer playing any HS sports.

Reaction Score

What could possibly go wrong with 17-18 year old kids pulling in seven figures at a time?

I'm sure the scum of the earth are already trying to surround these kids.

What a total, complete and utter mess.......

Reaction Score
Unreal. So Big Ten pays better?

Dude's mullet should be a hit in Ohio.
The kid isn't named Samson. He could get a haircut and still retain his athletic ability no matter where he plays.

Reaction Score
The kid isn't named Samson. He could get a haircut and still retain his athletic ability no matter where he plays.
I am pretty sure I was not insinuating or assuming such, but thank you; I feel enlightened.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure I was not insinuating or assuming such, but thank you; I feel enlightened.
No, you were insinuating that his hairstyle would be a hit in Ohio because...why? Do you really believe Ohioans prefer mullets, or would you concede that perhaps they prefer kids who are talented QBs and recognize talent when they see it? You're anything but enlightened.

Reaction Score
No, you were insinuating that his hairstyle would be a hit in Ohio because...why? Do you really believe Ohioans prefer mullets, or would you concede that perhaps they prefer kids who are talented QBs and recognize talent when they see it? You're anything but enlightened.
My hair is much longer than his and I am in my 40s. I have a lot of experience with long hair. Again, thank you for the enlightenment. Where would I be without you?

Ever hear of marketing? We're talking about NILs, not the Biblical story of Samson. Get a grip.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

So I found this article interesting. Not because King signed with an NHL franchise but because of the Tweet sent out by the Panthers announcing it. It showed his picture and just said Florida Athlete. I know (think) they can't use the university logo, but can they say where he plays, etc....I ask because the image doesn't even say that.

Reaction Score

So I found this article interesting. Not because King signed with an NHL franchise but because of the Tweet sent out by the Panthers announcing it. It showed his picture and just said Florida Athlete. I know (think) they can't use the university logo, but can they say where he plays, etc....I ask because the image doesn't even say that.

In Miami, as QB of the Canes, King is known...I assume that the Panthers in Miami need not identify him more precisely.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Phew. For a minute I thought he was being paid by the FIU Panthers.

1628599012870.png

Reaction Score
The amount of belly aching about college players being able to get paid for using their likeness is incredible to me.

“Do ThEy StIlL nEeD tO Go To ClAsS?”
If they want to remain eligible or graduate, obviously.

“pEoPlE wIlL tAkE aDvAnTaGe Of ThEm.”
Lots of people already do, including the coaches who get paid seven figures and the NCAA. What is the worst thing that happens? They blow all their money and end up broke like most other college graduates?

“WoRk FoR a LiViNg? LoL”

What? You would take money to do some photo shoots and promote someone else’s product if you could? Sounds more like jealousy to me.

“WeLl I wOn’T wAtCh BeCaUsE tHeY aReN’t AmAtUrEs.”

Okay. Yeah. It’s pure. There’s a “for the love of the game” element to it that is nice, but you’re not into it now that these young dreamers can actually get a check? What, were you hoping they would flame out before their payday? For a lot of athletes, this will be the only chance they ever have to get paid for their sport.

Does this disadvantage colleges that aren’t already powerhouses? Yes. I expect this to ossify the current hierarchy lead by P5 schools, but with money off the minds of many athletes, maybe they’ll be able to better focus on school and their sport. Some will get distracted sure, but you probably won’t notice a big difference at the end of the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom