And behind the bench..... | The Boneyard

And behind the bench.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Two coaches in the same room with a combined 46-0 record; bet that doesn't happen often.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 22m
#uconn signees Gabby Williams and Courtney Ekmark and 2015 recruiting target De'Janae Boykin behind bench pic.twitter.com/Krp5QLwZDv

Thanks for sharing that. I was hoping the announcers would have pointed them out. Now back to the recorded game so I can watch them.

PS: what was with the announcers making fun of Stewies looks and focusing on Stef's "orange " legs. I kinda thought that was uncalled for.
Aren't we watching TV for the game? What's with disparaging remarks? Is that an ESPN thing?

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing that. I was hoping the announcers would have pointed them out. Now back to the recorded game so I can watch them.

PS: what was with the announcers making fun of Stewies looks and focusing on Stef's "orange " legs. I kinda thought that was uncalled for.
Aren't we watching TV for the game? What's with disparaging remarks? Is that an ESPN thing?
Maybe they think Stef should play for Tennessee.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Has Doris Burke apologized yet for the "goofy" remark she made re: Stewie? And did I hear one of the announcers repeat it today? I'd hope someone in the SID office would communicate with ESPN about it. "Does she have orange on the bottom of her shorts?" Really, ESPN, is this the level of your professional standards?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Has Doris Burke apologized yet for the "goofy" remark she made re: Stewie? And did I hear one of the announcers repeat it today? I'd hope someone in the SID office would communicate with ESPN about it. "Does she have orange on the bottom of her shorts?" Really, ESPN, is this the level of your professional standards?
Rebecca Lobo, you may have heard of her, was the one making the "goofy" comments today.

Reaction Score
Rebecca Lobo, you may have heard of her, was the one making the "goofy" comments today.

That's just amazing. Wow, don't even know what to say about that. Too bad. Who was the ESPN woman that was hung up on Stef's legs? You'd think they should have been watching the amazing game she was playing. Isn't that their job? I agree with BigBird, someone should make a few inquiries.

Reaction Score
That's just amazing. Wow, don't even know what to say about that. Too bad. Who was the ESPN woman that was hung up on Stef's legs? You'd think they should have been watching the amazing game she was playing. Isn't that their job? I agree with BigBird, someone should make a few inquiries.

Rebecca Lobo again was the person that brought up Stef's legs. More than likely it was something that Rebecca and Stef joked about before the game. Probably brought back memories of another UConn center that Rebecca used to play with.

Reaction Score

I really don't think either comment was a big deal. It was quite obvious to me that they were affectionately joking with Stewie and Dolson. Lobo and Ward did nothing but praise both of them all game long.

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Also in the crowd, Kerry Bascom and Carla Berube.
Saw her in the long line in the Book Store B 4 the game, never had met her prior. Shook her hand, told her how much I enjoyed her Legacy TV show, and thanked her on behalf of the entire Uconn nation for being one of the key reasons we have what we have today! That's a quote!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Listen - I think Stewart is the best player in WCBB and may end up being the best ever, but Lobo was making the point that when you look at her she does not scream 'world class athlete' and she can look pretty goofy, too. She is long and gangly, and can end up in some really odd positions on the floor but ... she can also do things that absolutely amaze and her jump shot is a thing of beauty. I didn't think it was disrespectful or impolite. Agree the discussion of Stef's legs was a wee bit over the top, but ...

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Wow - did not realize Boykin was going to be there. Would love to see her verbal soon and start the hopeful avalanche of commits for 2015...
Was Boykin the girl with the beautiful long hair in braids, next to Gabby, who was next to Ekmark? CD spent all her time with them after the game!!! Geno was pimped too in his post game comments!

Reaction Score
The funny part about this to me is that Breanna somewhat reminds me of Rebecca at that age.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Listen - I think Stewart is the best player in WCBB and may end up being the best ever, but Lobo was making the point that when you look at her she does not scream 'world class athlete' and she can look pretty goofy, too. She is long and gangly, and can end up in some really odd positions on the floor but ... she can also do things that absolutely amaze and her jump shot is a thing of beauty. I didn't think it was disrespectful or impolite. Agree the discussion of Stef's legs was a wee bit over the top, but ...
Will have to watch game on DVR now. And I agree UC about your assessment. And Doris was really saying what we all think sometimes- and I don't think there is anyone who respects, admires & reveres Geno and our program more than Doris!

Reaction Score

I think it was way out of bounds to make fun of Stewie's looks. They are on national TV and they need to show some respect. How would they like it if someone made fun of their family member like that. And focusing on Stef's legs was just too weird.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Doris didnt call the UConn/LV game...that was Pam Ward, correct?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Was Boykin the girl with the beautiful long hair in braids, next to Gabby, who was next to Ekmark? CD spent all her time with them after the game!!! Geno was pimped too in his post game comments!
Yep, very long hair and even longer legs. I saw her play on Friday.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I think it was way out of bounds to make fun of Stewie's looks. They are on national TV and they need to show some respect. How would they like it if someone made fun of their family member like that. And focusing on Stef's legs was just too weird.
I guess this may be at the root of the the differing reactions to the comments. I don't feel that she made fun of Stewie's looks at all. She said she looks goofy when she plays basketball. As Rocky noted above, I actually am reminded of a young Lobo when I see Stewie play.

Having said that, I don't enjoy the jibber-jabber during the game and would rather the conversation be about the game but apparently the muckity-mucks at ESPN feel otherwise about how a game should be covered.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I mean if you were to think of a Disney character that reminds you of Stewie who would it be? I think the origins of the name are clear. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom