An Evening With Paul Pasqualoni | Page 4 | The Boneyard

An Evening With Paul Pasqualoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since it was brought up......can we hear the wallpaper joke that P made? And the context?

Reaction Score
Thanks guys for coming and thank you to Tom for helping make the Boneyard table a success. Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you, but I was a little tied up with the particulars of the evening. Was impressed by Steve Greene, Byron Jones and Chandler Whitmer. Folks, next year the event will be bigger not sure if it could be better.
Hardcore, just a request: Please try to get next years event moved to either Wednesday or Thursday as during the previous regime. Tuesdays are sacrosanct at my business (partner's day off), so I can't attend on that day. And, before the 'Yarders say to switch day's off, I'm saving my chips for weekend conflicts with GAMEDAYS. One has to prioritize.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the coach (Edsall and P) come directly from Newport, RI- so whenever the AAC runs their event will dictate when we get the Coach. However, I have some ideas to take this up a notch, I will investigate and Coachcap, will do what I can to assist.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I forget exactly but I believe it came up from an audience question... It was asked to the players : It's 3rd and 1- what play are you telling coach that you want to run to get that yard? Chandler was very diplomatic and said that the players play and the coaches coach... Greene said a power sweep I think so he could pull and block. At any rate P made reference to having enough plays to choose from that they could wallpaper the Rent.

Reaction Score
Another little anecdote/tidbit from last night- Heard that the incoming freshmen are eating up the playbook like never before. Apparently it took last years class a little more time to get comfortable with it. Chalk that up to whatever you will.

This just validates those of us who have been touting the "3 year rule":

Year 1 - didn't recruit any of the players ends up 5 - 7 (year ends with 2012 class)

Year 2 - switches Offensive line scheme to zone blocking and starts to recruit to that scheme end up 5 - 7 (year ends with 2013 class)

Year 3 - players come to camp knowing the zone blocking scheme better than the guys on the roster who were recruited/brought up in a power blocking scheme....O-Line improves as does the record
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKKa_OlSXgQ

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think that's a large part of it. It's not just a matter of P's guys, but P's guys are now well versed in the schemes. I also think another part of it is TJW being responsible for teaching the offense as a whole, with GDL focusing on line only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom