CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
P and Byron Jones...

tu6u8avu.jpg

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Sorry for the crappy pix... I didn't want to be "that guy" at the event with a big ol DSLR...

A HUGE thanks to hardcorehusky for putting on a terrific event. Really, really well done... food was great, I'm still stuffed. And it was very nice to meet uconnbill and WildGopher. I'll work on a "brain dump" next... I'm sure uconnbill and WildGopher will be able to fill in what I forgot!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
- Season tickets start shipping out tomorrow.
- Had the pleasure of sitting with Steve Greene. Nice, and really well spoken - that comment goes for Chandler Whitmer and Byron Jones as well. Each talked about the importance of volunteering and giving back to the community - stand up guys right there.
- P is very, very high on the AAC. I know, I know... "what do you expect him to be?".... but he really did emphasize what an excellent job Aresco has done to stand up a strong organization, and you could tell that any sort of suggestion of a "power 5" wouldn't have flown with P. He wasn't BSing in his praise of the conference - they were very sincere. He expects to line up and compete with the best. Similar to his media day comments, he said that you don't need to tell Houston or SMU how important football is - they know it.
- Heard it said multiple times - from Steve, Chandler, P - in reference to Weist : Energy and Tempo. Steve said it's the best the offense has looked since he's been there (he's a 5th year Senior). It doesn't sound like there was any sort of drastic change to the playbook itself, but Weist is bringing his influence nonetheless, and there's a lot of excitement to play for him. His energy is contagious. Any reference to GDL was in terms of the O-Line only. This encouraged me.
- P is also very high on the O-Line. They have experience at all positions (except perhaps right guard), praised their smarts and communication. This too encouraged me.
- There's been losses on the defensive side of the ball, but P feels there's enough depth for people to step right in and contribute. Heard a lot of praise for the linebackers - said it feels like getting hit with a concrete pillar when Marquise Vann hits someone. Smallwood, Stewart were mentioned as well.
- uconnbill asked about the Tight Ends. It's a hole to fill but P didn't have many concerns between McQuillan, Parker, and Meyers.
- Expect the load to be more evenly shared at RB. McCombs is still the guy, but it sounded like they will mix in more Joseph Williams and Max DeLorenzo.
- Let's just say it didn't sound like the Wildcat was particularly emphasized this spring.

I'm sure there's some more I'm forgetting... I'll add as I recall. uconnbill, WildGopher feel free to do the same!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Thanks Mike! Wish I could have been there.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
People actually pay to go to something like this?

Great way to meet some players, coach Pasqualoni, great food, and seeing the locker room and walking on the field. It was a great time and would recommend it to anyone who is a Husky fan and football fan.

Nice to meet CT Mike and Wild Gopher as well.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Thanks guys for coming and thank you to Tom for helping make the Boneyard table a success. Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you, but I was a little tied up with the particulars of the evening. Was impressed by Steve Greene, Byron Jones and Chandler Whitmer. Folks, next year the event will be bigger not sure if it could be better.

Reaction Score
Not a great pic, but you get the idea- new board will fill the entire space that was previously taken up by the old board and ad space.

Also- ribbon boards will go from the 25 to 25 along each sideline.

The field is in EXCELLENT shape.

6a8eba9a.jpg

Thanks for all the info Mike. What are ribbon boards?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Thanks guys for coming and thank you to Tom for helping make the Boneyard table a success. Sorry I couldn't spend more time with you, but I was a little tied up with the particulars of the evening. Was impressed by Steve Greene, Byron Jones and Chandler Whitmer. Folks, next year the event will be bigger not sure if it could be better.

Thank you for running a great event. One that is a must for all Husky fans.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The electronic boards between the upper and lower level - good for info exciting the crowd, etc

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'll be there. Glad I started coming to events like this instead of hemming and hawing over them. It was excellent.

Reaction Score
I really wish I could have come through. Sorry I wasn't able to. Next year!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Another little anecdote/tidbit from last night- Heard that the incoming freshmen are eating up the playbook like never before. Apparently it took last years class a little more time to get comfortable with it. Chalk that up to whatever you will.

Reaction Score

Meeting UConnBill and CT Mike was nice. Always good to put a face to a name.
That was a fun evening. Seeing the locker rooms and being on the beautiful new field was a nice bonus, and the food was really good.
Can't wait to see the new scoreboard and ribbon boards. The new scoreboard is going to be huge!
Coach PP does like the leadership of the AAC. Say whatever you may about PP, he is a class guy that only has positive things to say. You can see why the CT high school coaches like him.
The players seem very upbeat and positive. Steve Greene is a nice kid, I will pull for the O-line a little harder this year. Sometimes you forget how young these kids are.
After spending some time at the RENT, and seeing some of the staff and players, I can't help but feel good about what could be a very exciting season to be a UCONN football fan. Let's have some fun this year!

Reaction Score
Another little anecdote/tidbit from last night- Heard that the incoming freshmen are eating up the playbook like never before. Apparently it took last years class a little more time to get comfortable with it. Chalk that up to whatever you will.

The silver lining being last year's class was able to decorate their dorm rooms with the play book.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
The silver lining being last year's class was able to decorate their dorm rooms with the play book.
Should I not mention that a wallpaper joke was made by P?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Steve Greene stated that the lineman coming in knew the playbook pretty well already which is huge. They look more ready as well than last year's class.
I am excited about the offensive line overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom