An apology and a renewed appreciation for EVERYONE on the BY | The Boneyard

An apology and a renewed appreciation for EVERYONE on the BY

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've been out of pocket all day and just trying to catch up on all of the signings.

It took a few minutes but eventually my joy for today led me to start thinking of the not so good times with the program the last few years.

Then that got me thinking of the not so good times on The Boneyard the last few years. The vitriol slung around amongst ourselves was embarrassing.

I played a part in that and I apologize to all. A few of you more than others.

What I'm trying to say is that with the success of the team, this place has become a lot more enjoyable. Throw in WBB, both Hockey teams, the Hook C, The Equestrian and Field Hockey teams....

The World's off kilter these days but it's pretty cool knowing we've balanced out before it did.

Reaction Score
We have an equestrian team?
The horses are going to get us a Big 10 invite.

vcXwcnusrOCbu (2).gif

Reaction Score
Equestrian, eh? I'm intrigued. I would honestly watch every Uconn sport with interest. If the future sees a subscription channel for every university and all of their sports I would watch the Uconn channel exclusively. I mean, the boneyard is the only website I visit, period and you all are a bunch of clowns. So Uconn Tennis? Yes please.

Reaction Score
I remember watching UConn polo matches with the kids and then-wife. After a chukker or two, we would go to the old Dairy Barn for ice cream and always took a cooler to bring some back home.

Do they still have a polo team?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Think about this - the horsey crowd has big dollars. Just check out the polo grounds in Farmington. UConn can use the polo championship to get contributions from those guys, which helps all programs. Also, the polo players don’t get scholarships. I don’t know if UConn can give the women scholarships but if so, the AD could allocate more to the football team. The successful niche sports can serve a purpose.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Geez, guys, pay attention

actually, starting to be something u hear aboot at horse shows, where all the crazy people go. most horse folks (read: horse girls) are nutz, and will talk your head off aboot 'supplements' and 'best farriers.'
they will pay a fortune for nicely tooled leather stuff. boots? name ur price.
im always like 'this costs what!?!?' and, 'it's freakin dried grass! i don't care that it was grown by himalayan monks holding umbrellas over it to protect it from the wrong rain!'
hey former! bet u didn't wake up this am thinking 'im gonna post a nice thread that will degenerate into talk aboot chukkers and horse poop.'
well, mebbe the horse poop part. i always take the under when betting on how many posts it takes before the horse poop shows up. lol.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I've been out of pocket all day and just trying to catch up on all of the signings.

It took a few minutes but eventually my joy for today led me to start thinking of the not so good times with the program the last few years.

Then that got me thinking of the not so good times on The Boneyard the last few years. The vitriol slung around amongst ourselves was embarrassing.

I played a part in that and I apologize to all. A few of you more than others.

What I'm trying to say is that with the success of the team, this place has become a lot more enjoyable. Throw in WBB, both Hockey teams, the Hook C, The Equestrian and Field Hockey teams....

The World's off kilter these days but it's pretty cool knowing we've balanced out before it did.
and what exactly are u saying here? did u kill someone yesterday and are now trying to build up the character witness list for ur upcoming trial?
u think u've been offensive?
hah! amateur.

Reaction Score
Think about this - the horsey crowd has big dollars. Just check out the polo grounds in Farmington. UConn can use the polo championship to get contributions from those guys, which helps all programs. Also, the polo players don’t get scholarships. I don’t know if UConn can give the women scholarships but if so, the AD could allocate more to the football team. The successful niche sports can serve a purpose.
If you’re playing polo you probably don’t need a scholarship :)

Reaction Score
Shouldn’t the horses get the schollies??

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
actually, starting to be something u hear aboot at horse shows, where all the crazy people go. most horse folks (read: horse girls) are nutz, and will talk your head off aboot 'supplements' and 'best farriers.'
they will pay a fortune for nicely tooled leather stuff. boots? name ur price.
im always like 'this costs what!?!?' and, 'it's freakin dried grass! i don't care that it was grown by himalayan monks holding umbrellas over it to protect it from the wrong rain!'
hey former! bet u didn't wake up this am thinking 'im gonna post a nice thread that will degenerate into talk aboot chukkers and horse poop.'
well, mebbe the horse poop part. i always take the under when betting on how many posts it takes before the horse poop shows up. lol.
No joke. My in laws are in the farm/ag business and the price for horse/cow related stuff is beyond comprehension

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I remember watching UConn polo matches with the kids and then-wife. After a chukker or two, we would go to the old Dairy Barn for ice cream and always took a cooler to bring some back home.

Do they still have a polo team?
Back in the day, our indoor pool team was NCAA champs (club sport) 2 years running.

I saw them play a couple of times down at Ox Ridge Hunt Club in Darien.

They had balcony seats around the ring, and a full cash bar! Remarkably civilized.

Reaction Score
We just need a mens lacrosse team and a wrestling team.

Reaction Score
Hey a friend of mine has a polo playing daughter. She is playing somewhere, not UConn. In any case, the school did not offer her a scholarship. The told her if she attended they would provide boarding for her horse so she could bring him. The dad says he is the only guy whose kid didn’t get a scholarship but whose horse got a full ride! Apparently it is not so uncommon in the sport at the college level, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom