Amida gets Portsmouth invite | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amida gets Portsmouth invite

Reaction Score
He should try and get into the combine and see how he does there

Brilliant strategy! Now, how should he try and get into the combine?

Hmm, let's see...I've got it! He should probably find some long-standing pre-draft tournament where NBA GMs and scouts gather to watch and evaluate seniors who were generally pretty good college players but are fringe NBA prospects.

Now where could he find something like that?

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-uconn-apr-scores-0415-20170414-story.html

Brimah At Portsmouth

Amida Brimah, who will graduate from UConn next month, is participating in the Portsmouth Invitational this week. The four-day, 12-game tournament brings scouts from the NBA and overseas to watch college seniors, 64 this season.

Brimah had 17 points, six rebounds and two blocks in 21 minutes on Thursday night, and followed with 16 points, two rebounds and three blocks on Friday afternoon in 22 minutes.

Reaction Score
Look at the players at this, I don't know if there is a single guy projected to get drafted

He should try and get into the combine and see how he does there

Home | Portsmouth Invitational Tournament

None of them are high level prospects but all of them were good college players, which is weird because we've been told Brimah wasn't one of those.

Reaction Score
Guys who play that well @ PIT usually end up on contracts for high end European teams and defintely a summer league invite. He's a flawed rebounder but he can block shots at pretty much any level imo. Plus finishes lobs , pro teams love that "vertical spacing"

Reaction Score
Brimah is playing better in this thing then he did during his four years in Storrs... Oh Well Good Luck Big Fella!
I'm pretty sure you can find at least 2 games where Brimah put up similar stat lines as he did in 2 outings at Portsmouth. I know folks like to think Brimah put up 0s across the board game in, game out and was one of the worst bigs in all of college ball, but in reality that wasn't the case.

C

Chief00

First, go Amida!

That's making the most of an opportunity.

Second, if Amida somehow makes it onto an NBA roster, nothing short of a firing squad will make me forgive the staff here.

You know I agree.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
First, go Amida!

That's making the most of an opportunity.

Second, if Amida somehow makes it onto an NBA roster, nothing short of a firing squad will make me forgive the staff here.

WOW
They don't need your forgiveness - the guy played all available minutes and did what he did - based on his efforts at UConn, he was not draft able (except for his height)
Of course I would love to see him succeed - it will do UConn well

Reaction Score
Only 4 pts for Amida today, on 2-5 shooting, but with 8 rebounds & 1 block in 24 mins. I only caught the 2nd half of the game today (it was online). He had a nice dunk in the 2nd half, but Amida looked pretty good defensively in the 2nd half when he was in. He really didn’t block any shots but grabbed a couple loose balls & rebounds. I don’t think the player he was guarding scored at all when I was watching. He definitely made it difficult to score in the paint when he was in (no surprise). He didn’t get many offensive touches other than a dunk. I think two other times they tried to get the ball to him…. One was a low pass below his knees, which he couldn’t catch & another attempt was a really bad pass by a guard that was not even close enough for Amida to catch (most likely because of being unfamiliar with each other). I think Amida was 17-24 from the field over 3 games, which is pretty impressive. Overall, I think he intrigued some teams over the 3 games. Not saying he’ll be drafted, but hopefully he gets an NBA Combine invite next month or even Summer League offers for July. I don’t think he hurt himself at Portsmouth at all. Wishing him the best of luck. He’s one of our own, so I’ll always wish the best for him. :)

Reaction Score
Yeah, awesome. Why didn't you point out this is a total joke? I was trying to find some positives.

Brilliant strategy! Now, how should he try and get into the combine?

Hmm, let's see...I've got it! He should probably find some long-standing pre-draft tournament where NBA GMs and scouts gather to watch and evaluate seniors who were generally pretty good college players but are fringe NBA prospects.

Now where could he find something like that?

Reaction Score
Write up from Draftexpress and Jonathan Givony...
"Amidah Brimah registered the biggest standing reach here with a mark of 9'3.5 thanks in large part to his 7'6.5 wingspan as he stands 6'10.75 in shoes. A highly regarded prospect earlier on in his college career, Brimah performed well here, scoring a surprising 21 points per-40 (71% 2P%), and remains one of the more intriguing physical specimens among big men in the senior class. His standing reach and wingspan would have both been the second longest at last year's NBA Combine, and will make him someone NBA teams will want to look more closely at despite his poor senior season. - Source: DraftExpress - Portsmouth Invitational Tournament Measurements and Athletic Testing ©DraftExpress

Reaction Score
Brimah has not touched his potential. He has never had a real big man coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'll give Brimah credit. He went into Portsmouth without a snowballs chance in hell of being drafted, and he left with people touting him as an intriguing prospect. Maybe he will get a late second round flier.

Reaction Score
He would have been a 1st rounder if he left after his Frosh season

Remember Felipe Lopez

I'll give Brimah credit. He went into Portsmouth without a snowballs chance in hell of being drafted, and he left with people touting him as an intriguing prospect. Maybe he will get a late second round flier.

Reaction Score
He would have been a 1st rounder if he left after his Frosh season

Remember Felipe Lopez

This is nonsense.

in March 2014, Brimah wasn't on either that year's or the next year's Draft Express mock in either round. Same thing in March 2015. Same thing in March 2016.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom