Amida gets Portsmouth invite | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida gets Portsmouth invite

Reaction Score
Umm, ur nuts. He can't protect any NBA rims, really. He will likely get a chance to play in the summer league.

You are criticizing literally the only thing that is a "plus" in his arsenal. What else could I expect? Bad hands, poor rebounder, no post game, lacking balance. Go with ANY of those and I can't criticize you. Why do you make it so goshdarn easy?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amidah's type is exactly what NBA GM's are looking for when selecting a Center (excluding the do-it-all studs which are a rarity). A rim running pNr Center who protects the paint is the modern prototype. Brimah isn't currently good enough, but he is definitely worth an evaluation and will hopefully continue to progress.
Amidah is non-existent as an offensive threat in scoring, passing, or rebounding. He needs to do more than make back-door lob dunks if he wants to get any minutes in the NBA. He'll also have to adjust to the 3-second rule.

Reaction Score
Amidah is non-existent as an offensive threat in scoring, passing, or rebounding. He needs to do more than make back-door lob dunks if he wants to get any minutes in the NBA. He'll also have to adjust to the 3-second rule.

I don't want to seem like I am whitewashing his flaws as I don't see any real path towards the NBA. His biggest issue in being a legit prospect IMO is his poor rebounding. But there are guys in the NBA who do nothing besides catch lob dunks, protect the rim and rebound who are making max money. Scoring and passing are nice traits to have but are not a necessity nowadays.

Edit: And even his lob dunks likely would not translate to the NBA where guys are rolling down the lane, catching the ball in traffic and throwing down in one motion. Some guys would make this look easy, not Amidah, at least against stiff competition.

Reaction Score
I don't want to seem like I am whitewashing his flaws as I don't see any real path towards the NBA. His biggest issue in being a legit prospect IMO is his poor rebounding. But there are guys in the NBA who do nothing besides catch lob dunks, protect the rim and rebound who are making max money. Scoring and passing are nice traits to have but are not a necessity nowadays.

Edit: And even his lob dunks likely would not translate to the NBA where guys are rolling down the lane, catching the ball in traffic and throwing down in one motion. Some guys would make this look easy, not Amidah, at least against stiff competition.
Can you guys at least spell his name right? This is almost worse than the Ryan Boatwright crowd

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm with you that Amida is not an NBA player, but this analysis is really, really wrong and bad. Amida is a vertical threat that teams have to defend against, which means they have to scrunch in a little bit tighter and be ready to compete at – and above – the rim. Just the presence of a guy like that opens up more space for the wings and guards, and changes the geometry of the game to the better for any offense.

If all you can do is 1) catch lobs, 2) protect the rim, 3) guard the pick-and-roll, and 4) rebound, you can be a borderline all-star in the league, like Andre.

Reaction Score
Timofey Mizgov is an Nba center. About all he cab do is catch lobs for dunks. Amida van do that and block shots. I don't see why he won't be at least a serviceable back up. Can't rebound? Put him with a 4 that can. Hell put him on okc, Russell will take his boards. He is a better version of bismack biyombo imo. I wish the kid well either way.

Reaction Score
I can't believe NOW you people come out the woodwork and suddenly Amida Brimah can be a NBA backup.

Reaction Score
Timofey Mizgov is an Nba center. About all he cab do is catch lobs for dunks. Amida van do that and block shots. I don't see why he won't be at least a serviceable back up. Can't rebound? Put him with a 4 that can. Hell put him on okc, Russell will take his boards. He is a better version of bismack biyombo imo. I wish the kid well either way.

Biyombo and Mozgov are scrubs. Biyombo and Mozgov would crush and eat Amida alive. Somehow I find myself arguing both sides of the coin on this issue. Guys who can make a living on lobs are freakish athletes who make the very difficult seem very easy. Amida is of the right style but he is not at that level.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He can't rebound. If Thabeet, who was a significantly better rebounder, couldn't stick, Brimah doesn't have a prayer. He can make some nice money abroad but unless he learns to do something he couldn't learn to do in the last 4 years, he'll never make an NBA roster.

Reaction Score
Amida is of the right style but he is not at that level.

This pretty much sums it up, which is why I've always believed two things to be true:

1. He's not good enough to play in the NBA

2. He was good enough to play at the college level, and his value in doing so has been woefully misrepresented due to the fact that his strengths - rim runs, protecting the rim...I thought he was serviceable as a pick-and-roll defender and rebounder by his senior year - illude the eyes of the casual fan™.

Reaction Score
Lol. This is extremely funny that people are attempting to say Brimah is Mozgov or Biambo. LOL. There couldn't be more false of a statement. They would take Brimah to school.

Reaction Score
Lol. This is extremely funny that people are attempting to say Brimah is Mozgov or Biambo. LOL. There couldn't be more false of a statement. They would take Brimah to school.
Seriously imagine Mosgov posting Brimah up with the ease that he would

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
First, go Amida!

That's making the most of an opportunity.

Second, if Amida somehow makes it onto an NBA roster, nothing short of a firing squad will make me forgive the staff here.

On the one hand it would be evidence of his development. On the other an indictment of his usage here if he's NBA caliber.

Reaction Score
He can't rebound. If Thabeet, who was a significantly better rebounder, couldn't stick, Brimah doesn't have a prayer. He can make some nice money abroad but unless he learns to do something he couldn't learn to do in the last 4 years, he'll never make an NBA roster.

But he didn't have a good strength and conditioning coach. Plus he spent to much time walking our facilities and analyzing his schedule. Thise times are over. Wow Nomar i thought you were better than this.

Reaction Score
Brimah is playing better in this thing then he did during his four years in Storrs... Oh Well Good Luck Big Fella!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom