Amerikaners in der Bundesliga | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Amerikaners in der Bundesliga

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Miazga and CCV are next up. No doubt. The others aren't doing much. Maybe Bruce brings McKennie in, but judging by his recent quotes he won't call up a current top-half Bundesliga starter into the roster. It's insanity.

Dax's career? I glanced at Wikipedia - what am I missing?
Analytical ability?? Reading comprehension?? I really don't know. I honestly don't think I can help you and zoo. You guys seemed to be pretty entrenched in Eurosnobbery.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anyone see the 60 Minutes piece on Pulisic?
I did not, but thanks for the heads up. I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere.

Reaction Score
I cannot find it now, but I think there was discussion a while ago that Hamburg was the only team that had never been relegated from the Bundesliga. At this time things are not looking good for the steak to continue. Bobby Wood has not been doing his part to help them out much either - one goal in 19 games.

Meanwhile my favorite team, Jahn Regensburg, made an incredible comeback from 0-3 in the first 30 minutes or so to win 4-3 vs. promotion candidate (no. 2) Düsseldorf, but did it without US eligible Jann George. George has had a good season, and scored an important go ahead goal a couple of weeks ago, but just last week he and another starting teammate, who were pulled late in a loss to Dresden both appeared to make protesting comments when pulled. Neither was listed in the 18 for yesterday's game. Coach don't take no Scheisse! Two seasons ago Jahn were in the 4th division and are now in 5th place in the 2. Bundesliga. This is not the same manager who brought them from 4th to 2nd division. That was Heiko Herrlich who now has Leverkusen in 4th place in the First Bundesliga. The current coach, Achim Beierlorzer, came this year from being an assistant at Leipzig and has Jahn sometimes playing something like the Total Football of the old Dutch Clockwork Orange teams.

Reaction Score
I cannot find it now, but I think there was discussion a while ago that Hamburg was the only team that had never been relegated from the Bundesliga. At this time things are not looking good for the steak to continue. Bobby Wood has not been doing his part to help them out much either - one goal in 19 games.
Not quite; they are the only team to play every season in the Bundesliga. A couple of clubs came into the league in the early seasons and have never been relegated (Bayern München and Bayer Leverkusen).
I'm really hoping HSV goes down, especially since it improves Mainz 05 chances of staying afloat.

Reaction Score
Not quite; they are the only team to play every season in the Bundesliga. A couple of clubs came into the league in the early seasons and have never been relegated (Bayern München and Bayer Leverkusen).
I'm really hoping HSV goes down, especially since it improves Mainz 05 chances of staying afloat.

So if Mainz stays where they are, in 16th place, they will have to play the relegation playoff with the 3rd place team in the 2. Bundesliga. We'll be talking if Jahn Regensburg can move to third (right now in 5th only one point out of third place). Here's an interesting point: Currently the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place teams (Kiel, Duisburg, and Regensburg) in the second division are the three promoted teams (Aufsteiger) who were in third division last year. So quite possibly a team will get the chance to go from 3rd to 1st in one year. (Jahn blew right through 3rd into 2nd from 4th last year). Ain't promotion/relegation fun?!

Reaction Score
The hero we need, and there's no doubt next WC we'll field the best lineup, by club measures that we've ever assembled

Reaction Score
So if Mainz stays where they are, in 16th place, they will have to play the relegation playoff with the 3rd place team in the 2. Bundesliga. We'll be talking if Jahn Regensburg can move to third (right now in 5th only one point out of third place). Here's an interesting point: Currently the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place teams (Kiel, Duisburg, and Regensburg) in the second division are the three promoted teams (Aufsteiger) who were in third division last year. So quite possibly a team will get the chance to go from 3rd to 1st in one year. (Jahn blew right through 3rd into 2nd from 4th last year). Ain't promotion/relegation fun?!
Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Mainz has played down all year; they have no business being anywhere near the relegation zone considering the players they have. But the trainer sucks; not Diaco level bad but at least Pasqualoni level bad.
Ugh...

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Mainz has played down all year; they have no business being anywhere near the relegation zone considering the players they have. But the trainer sucks; not Diaco level bad but at least Pasqualoni level bad.
Ugh...
Too bad Mainz had to face Schalke this week and could not get a result. You don't have one of the weaker teams until three weeks from now. Hope that Bremen can't pull further away from the relegation spot tomorrow against last place Köln. Jahn Regensburg got a nice win at home today against Sandhausen - in spot 4 now and trying to get to that relegation game for Liga 2. I was disppointed that neither Haji Wright, Ken Gipson, nor Andrew Wooten were in the 18 for Sandhausen. Jann-Christopher George was back in the starting 11 for Jahn.

Reaction Score
Tough final day for Wood. Blew a goal scoring opportunity, then sent off with a straight red in 2nd half. Hamburg still won, but couldn’t avoid relegation with wolfsburg winning too.

Dortmund looked awful @ Hoffenheim. Pulisic was ‘meh’, he struggled down the stretch. Dortmund lucky to finish top 4 as Leverkeusen was pressing hard. Lots of management/front office turmoil at BVB. Hopefully they get it sorted for next season.

McKennie had a good player rating for Schalke (i didnt see the match tho). He’ll be playing UCL next season too!

Reaction Score
Tough final day for Wood. Blew a goal scoring opportunity, then sent off with a straight red in 2nd half. Hamburg still won, but couldn’t avoid relegation with wolfsburg winning too.

Dortmund looked awful @ Hoffenheim. Pulisic was ‘meh’, he struggled down the stretch. Dortmund lucky to finish top 4 as Leverkeusen was pressing hard. Lots of management/front office turmoil at BVB. Hopefully they get it sorted for next season.

McKennie had a good player rating for Schalke (i didnt see the match tho). He’ll be playing UCL next season too!

Love that whip around Bundesliga coverage.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

MLS time for Bobby Wood? That red card was an embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Good Sunday for Julian Green at Greuther Fürth in the 2nd Bundesliga. He scored early in the second half to put the Fürther ahead. Heidenheim tied it up later, but by getting a point on the last day of the season Fürth got themselves out of the 16th place relegation play-off spot. They ended up at 40 points like Erzgebirge Aue but moved up to 15th on goal differential as Aue lost to Darmstadt. Jann-Christopher George started the sequence that resulted in a goal for Jahn Regensburg in a tie at Bochum. The Second Bundesliga will be even tougher next year with Köln and Hamburg being demoted from the Bundesliga and Paderborn and Magdeburg moving up from Bundesliga 3. Wolfsburg (from the First) and Karlsruhe (from the 3rd) could also end in up the 2nd depending on how their relegation playoffs go. Save for Bayern there is tremendous parity in the German league system. Last year Kiel was in the 3rd division; on Thursday they will play in the first leg of the relegation playoff with Wolfsburg to possibly move up to the top league. Historically Kaiserslautern is one of the most successful of German football clubs - they are now demoted to the 3rd division for next year.

Reaction Score
Good Sunday for Julian Green at Greuther Fürth in the 2nd Bundesliga. He scored early in the second half to put the Fürther ahead. Heidenheim tied it up later, but by getting a point on the last day of the season Fürth got themselves out of the 16th place relegation play-off spot. They ended up at 40 points like Erzgebirge Aue but moved up to 15th on goal differential as Aue lost to Darmstadt. Jann-Christopher George started the sequence that resulted in a goal for Jahn Regensburg in a tie at Bochum. The Second Bundesliga will be even tougher next year with Köln and Hamburg being demoted from the Bundesliga and Paderborn and Magdeburg moving up from Bundesliga 3. Wolfsburg (from the First) and Karlsruhe (from the 3rd) could also end in up the 2nd depending on how their relegation playoffs go. Save for Bayern there is tremendous parity in the German league system. Last year Kiel was in the 3rd division; on Thursday they will play in the first leg of the relegation playoff with Wolfsburg to possibly move up to the top league. Historically Kaiserslautern is one of the most successful of German football clubs - they are now demoted to the 3rd division for next year.

Really sad about K-Town. I was living in K-Town when they got relegated and it looks like they just never got it together. They have BIG fan base and a bigtime stadium.

As you mentioned the parity within the divisions is tremendous and it’s not artificial salary cap enforced parity.

In terms of a domestic league the Bundesliga does more to further the game in Germany and produce a great league product than any other league.

I still think a second or third division Bundesliga club is a tougher place to play than MLS.

Bigger pressure, tougher competition for playing time, media scrutiny and so on. I’d love to see what Julian Green could do on the field with Pulisic, McKennie, Adams and Bobby Wood.

Reaction Score
Really sad about K-Town. I was living in K-Town when they got relegated and it looks like they just never got it together. They have BIG fan base and a bigtime stadium.

As you mentioned the parity within the divisions is tremendous and it’s not artificial salary cap enforced parity.

In terms of a domestic league the Bundesliga does more to further the game in Germany and produce a great league product than any other league.

I still think a second or third division Bundesliga club is a tougher place to play than MLS.

Bigger pressure, tougher competition for playing time, media scrutiny and so on. I’d love to see what Julian Green could do on the field with Pulisic, McKennie, Adams and Bobby Wood.

Can Kaiserslautern remain in that big stadium in K-town with 3rd Division revenues? For over 20 years as a First and Second Bundesliga club 1860 München was playing in Olympiastadion or Allianz Arena, and were even co-owners of Allianz with Bayern for a while. In order to maintain the license for each level of competition a club has to meet a number of conditions organizationally and financially; also as far as size and quality (seated vs. standing, covered area, etc.) of their stadium. Last year when 1860 lost the relegation from 2nd division against Jahn Regensburg, they (1860) could not meet the financial conditions for 3rd Bundesliga and had to drop down to the 4th division Regionaliga. They moved out of Allianz to the Stadium on Grünwalder Strasse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom