Amerikaners in der Bundesliga | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amerikaners in der Bundesliga

Reaction Score
Weston Mckennie - good enough to give Bayern trouble but not good enough for Concacaf.

Bremen was complaining they weren't big enough to sign Sargent - they must have promised him a legit shot at first team minutes next season

Reaction Score
Weston Mckennie - good enough to give Bayern trouble but not good enough for Concacaf.

Bremen was complaining they weren't big enough to sign Sargent - they must have promised him a legit shot at first team minutes next season

That's an interesting way of looking at it.

Reaction Score
Weston McKennie made his second start of the season for Schalke. Will that be enough to land on Bruce's radar? I think we're "too late in the cycle" for that!

Him and Pulisic should be ruling the USMNT midfield from right now until another stud knocks either out.

Reaction Score
Weston McKennie made his second start of the season for Schalke. Will that be enough to land on Bruce's radar? I think we're "too late in the cycle" for that!

Him and Pulisic should be ruling the USMNT midfield from right now until another stud knocks either out.

Fire Bruce. Sign Patrick Viera, he has the stones to play the kids.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not really sure he gave Bayern trouble?????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He'd do better than Acosta.
Maybe?

There are lots of players who have played 1 "so-so" game against Bayern. Don't think that makes them auto choices for NT's. You and your buddy there obviously do. I guess I (and almost every NT manager in the world) just have a little bit higher threshold.

Reaction Score
not Bruce, but he doesn't really qualify.

You're not in favor of bringing up and coming, talented Bundesliga starters to at least train and sit with the senior team? You prefer Dax?

Reaction Score
Maybe?

There are lots of players who have played 1 "so-so" game against Bayern. Don't think that makes them auto choices for NT's. You and your buddy there obviously do. I guess I (and almost every NT manager in the world) just have a little bit higher threshold.

Not true. Plenty of big nations bring young players into the fold. Pretty funny that you lump yourself in with most NT managers. Talk about self aggrandizement.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
not Bruce, but he doesn't really qualify.

You're not in favor of bringing up and coming, talented Bundesliga starters to at least train and sit with the senior team? You prefer Dax?
No, but you've already anointed McKennie as the starter in midfield. After what? 1 so-so game against Bayern (hell he didn't even play 90 minutes)??? That's idiotic.

I've got no problem bringing in youth to look at see how they stack up in a higher level game. But you do that before anointing them starters. And you don't bring them up in the middle of qualifying with the WC bid on the line. Bring them in for Camp Cupcake, or hopefully friendlies in Nov.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not true. Plenty of big nations bring young players into the fold. Pretty funny that you lump yourself in with most NT managers. Talk about self aggrandizement.
Um yea it is true. NT managers do not bring in youth with 1 so-so game against Bayern during the middle of WC qualifying. I said most, so maybe Haiti's manager, or someone like that, might.

Pretty funny that you think you know much about soccer. Some of the stuff you post on here is just idiotic.

Reaction Score
Um yea it is true. NT managers do not bring in youth with 1 so-so game against Bayern during the middle of WC qualifying. I said most, so maybe Haiti's manager, or someone like that, might.

Pretty funny that you think you know much about soccer. Some of the stuff you post on here is just idiotic.

Most of the stuff you post here is pretty dated. Pele and the Cosmos aren't walking through that door old fella. Plenty of nations out there play their kids. Wake up.

Reaction Score
Competent NT managers fold top youngsters into the mix for continuity. We have plenty of youth fighting for starting spots in tougher leagues with more internal squad competition than MLS. Look at France's average age - most are 26 and younger.

So yes, Weston warrants at least a bench seat for the next two qualifiers at the expense of some never was 30 year old

Reaction Score
Competent NT managers fold top youngsters into the mix for continuity. We have plenty of youth fighting for starting spots in tougher leagues with more internal squad competition than MLS. Look at France's average age - most are 26 and younger.

So yes, Weston warrants at least a bench seat for the next two qualifiers at the expense of some never was 30 year old

Or Acosta, who has been completely below average in form all summer.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So you are comparing McKennie with say Mbappe and Dembele????

f8b02b6004b68c66ac1f4f31c291e1c68a26d86c2087ab3c1a08e1940f4da66b.jpg

If you truly believe that, I feel sorry for you. And hope you are not coaching any teams of consequence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Most of the stuff you post here is pretty dated. Pele and the Cosmos aren't walking through that door old fella.
Huh? :confused:

Most of the stuff you post here is pretty dated. Pele and the Cosmos aren't walking through that door old fella. Plenty of nations out there play their kids. Wake up.
Not kids who haven't done anything yet, in WC qualifiers.

You must be a big Pat Benatar fan huh?

Wide_Awake_in_Dreamland_%28Pat_Benatar_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

Reaction Score
Huh? :confused:

Not kids who haven't done anything yet, in WC qualifiers.

You must be a big Pat Benatar fan huh?

Wide_Awake_in_Dreamland_%28Pat_Benatar_album_-_cover_art%29.jpg

Nah. Before my time. My parents still think I am too young to watch "Flashdance".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Nah. Before my time. My parents still think I am too young to watch "Flashdance".
You should probably move out of their basement then. ;)

Next you're gonna tell me you've never worn legwarmers. :eek:

Reaction Score
Great use of visuals! :)

I didn't compare our young players' skill to Mbappe or Dembele, just used France as an example. You can pick any country that values the game, they all integrate younger players for their experience and generational continuity.

Just to be clear - you're in favor of a 30, 31 year old player to sit the bench over bringing 19, 20 year olds along? Got it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom