Amerikaners in der Bundesliga | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Amerikaners in der Bundesliga

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn't compare our young players' skill to Mbappe or Dembele, just used France as an example.
Well Mbappe and Dembele are their youngest players. The ones closest to McKennie's age. Soooo, there's your France comparison. But certainly if we had a Mbappe or Dembele (or Pulisic) who had actually accomplished something at the club level (top 4 league/Champions League) instead of playing 1 game against Bayern where they get subbed off at the 60th minute, then yea, I'm all for them being included with the USA NT. Just give me their names.

You can pick any country that values the game, they all integrate younger players for their experience and generational continuity.
Take for instance the USA?? Like bringing in Pulisic, Arriola, Morris, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Acosta, Gonzalez. So I guess Arena actually does bring in youth. But youth who have actually accomplished something besides playing 1 game against Bayern where they get subbed off at the 60th minute.

Just to be clear - you're in favor of a 30, 31 year old player to sit the bench over bringing 19, 20 year olds along? Got it.
In general no, I'm not in favor of McCarty (or Wondolowski) being on the squad at all. Not because of age, but rather talent. However, if given the choice for the Qualifiers in October (which is what we are talking about - I've already said bring in McKennie for Camp Cupcake or hopefully the friendlies in Nov) of McCarty or McKennie.....McCarty every day and twice on Sunday.

Arena right now has 1 job and 1 job only....to get the US qualified for the WC. He's job right now is not to blood new talent. He can do that after he gets job #1 done.

Reaction Score
Well Mbappe and Dembele are their youngest players. The ones closest to McKennie's age. Soooo, there's your France comparison. But certainly if we had a Mbappe or Dembele (or Pulisic) who had actually accomplished something at the club level (top 4 league/Champions League) instead of playing 1 game against Bayern where they get subbed off at the 60th minute, then yea, I'm all for them being included with the USA NT. Just give me their names.

Take for instance the USA?? Like bringing in Pulisic, Arriola, Morris, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Acosta, Gonzalez. So I guess Arena actually does bring in youth. But youth who have actually accomplished something besides playing 1 game against Bayern where they get subbed off at the 60th minute.

In general no, I'm not in favor of McCarty (or Wondolowski) being on the squad at all. Not because of age, but rather talent. However, if given the choice for the Qualifiers in October (which is what we are talking about - I've already said bring in McKennie for Camp Cupcake or hopefully the friendlies in Nov) of McCarty or McKennie.....McCarty every day and twice on Sunday.

Arena right now has 1 job and 1 job only....to get the US qualified for the WC. He's job right now is not to blood new talent. He can do that after he gets job #1 done.
Bring Mckennie in. They brought in Gooch when he barely had any time for Sunderland, who is a substantially worse team than Schalke. Also, CCV and Gonzalez are not capped yet, yes they went into a camp but can't really include them in your argument. Miazga needs to be called in to every camp from now on, been playing well and is better than a lot of back up options we have. CCV has been playing well short term for Sheffield, he should start being a regular call up too. Gooch and Mckennie should as well, they have the quality and potential that is rare for our squad right now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just watched a complete MLS game for the first time in years last weekend. Any player getting any PT whatsover in Europe has to go to the top of the USMNT list.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bring Mckennie in. They brought in Gooch when he barely had any time for Sunderland, who is a substantially worse team than Schalke. Also, CCV and Gonzalez are not capped yet, yes they went into a camp but can't really include them in your argument. Miazga needs to be called in to every camp from now on, been playing well and is better than a lot of back up options we have. CCV has been playing well short term for Sheffield, he should start being a regular call up too. Gooch and Mckennie should as well, they have the quality and potential that is rare for our squad right now.
You are kinda mixing up your argument. Gooch was brought in for Friendlies, which I am advocating. whaler wants McKennie starting in the upcoming WC Qualifiers (because he had one partial game against Bayern).

I certainly can include CCV and Gonzalez in my argument, because that's what I want them to do, bring in the youth for camps and friendlies prior to full blooding them in WC qualifiers. Like every other country does.

Reaction Score
Meyers - are you in favor of bringing players to Russia that weren't part of the hex roster?

Reaction Score
I just watched a complete MLS game for the first time in years last weekend. Any player getting any PT whatsover in Europe has to go to the top of the USMNT list.

Meyers liked the post. Doesn't in fact agree with it. The only conclusion is that he is an argumentative and ignorant .

Reaction Score
You are kinda mixing up your argument. Gooch was brought in for Friendlies, which I am advocating. whaler wants McKennie starting in the upcoming WC Qualifiers (because he had one partial game against Bayern).

I certainly can include CCV and Gonzalez in my argument, because that's what I want them to do, bring in the youth for camps and friendlies prior to full blooding them in WC qualifiers. Like every other country does.

This is pretty simple. MLS is a low level. It's like League One and the worst parts of the Championship.

It's really not a stretch to say that Weston should be considered for a call up.

Reaction Score
All those players you named haven't been trusted to play against or have been "subbed off after 60 against Bayern" - save for CP.

Your 'twice on Sunday' choice Dax would list 5 minutes of bundesliga run at the top of his resume.

Those guys wish they were good enough. They ain't, that's why they play MLS ball. Different, higher level. Bring the kid

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers - are you in favor of bringing players to Russia that weren't part of the hex roster?
Sure. There is always 1 or 2 who kind of come out of nowhere. Between injuries and out of form players things never go as planned a year before.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Meyers liked the post. Doesn't in fact agree with it. The only conclusion is that he is an argumentative and ignorant .
It was a funny line. Made me laugh. Why wouldn't I like it????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
This is pretty simple. MLS is a low level. It's like League One and the worst parts of the Championship.

It's really not a stretch to say that Weston should be considered for a call up.
I agree he should be considered for a call up. I just don't agree he should be bossing the midfield because he played 60 minutes against Bayern in our upcoming WC qualifiers.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All those players you named haven't been trusted to play against or have been "subbed off after 60 against Bayern" - save for CP.

Those guys wish they were good enough. They ain't, that's why they play MLS ball. Different, higher level. Bring the kid
Which players I named? Arriola, Morris, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Acosta, Gonzalez? So now you are saying you DON'T want youth brought in???

Your 'twice on Sunday' choice Dax would list 5 minutes of bundesliga run at the top of his resume.
Yea, ok, then you really don't know anything about his career then do you? Maybe, just maybe you should try doing a little research.

Reaction Score
Which players I named? Arriola, Morris, Miazga, Carter-Vickers, Acosta, Gonzalez? So now you are saying you DON'T want youth brought in???

Miazga and CCV are next up. No doubt. The others aren't doing much. Maybe Bruce brings McKennie in, but judging by his recent quotes he won't call up a current top-half Bundesliga starter into the roster. It's insanity.

Dax's career? I glanced at Wikipedia - what am I missing?

Reaction Score
McKennie played 90+ minutes today v Leverkusen, was subbed off in extra time. I didn't watch any of it, so can't say how he did... but Schalke is putting a lot of faith in him giving him that many many minutes consistently.

Reaction Score
Miazga and CCV are next up. No doubt. The others aren't doing much. Maybe Bruce brings McKennie in, but judging by his recent quotes he won't call up a current top-half Bundesliga starter into the roster. It's insanity.

Dax's career? I glanced at Wikipedia - what am I missing?

Miazga was best 11 last week in the Eredivisie. He is the now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom